Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    She's just a bitter b**ch since the movie she starred in will be erased from the Ghostbusters canon, like an else world's plot.
    It baffles me that these are the type of people that were bitching about people being toxic at their Ghosbusters reboot. Yet here they are equally being toxic at the people who dare like/make/go see Ghostbusters 3... You know there could be people who liked the reboot who would actuality like to see this movie too. So sick of this us v them mentality. What happened to the middle ground. Or being happy with both.

When it comes to online outrage there are so many hypocrites
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-01-20 at 05:14 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    It baffles me that these are the type of people that were bitching about people being toxic at their Ghosbusters reboot. Yet here they are equally being toxic at the people who dare like/make/go see Ghostbusters 3... You know there could be people who liked the reboot who would actuality like to see this movie too. So sick of this us v them mentality. What happened to the middle ground. Or being happy with both.

When it comes to online outrage there are so many hypocrites
    Has Jason Reitman even said there won't be any female characters in the movie?

I mean, most fans I have spoken to about it really hope it's a mixed cast of new busters that the old team passes the torch to.

I liked the call back the leaves blowing towards the museum front from GB2. Kind of shows that Reitman gets that GB isn't an all out comedy, but a mystery/thriller with wit and sarcasm. The movie should have a serious tone, like the teaser does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post

I mean, most fans I have spoken to about it really hope it's a mixed cast of new busters that the old team passes the torch to.
    Ikr, there could actually still be a female Ghostbuster or two, and I would have no issue with that, just as I would have had no issue if that reboot of the all female cast was not a reboot. Which was the onyl reason I didn't watch the reboot was because it was a bloody reboot. :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account

leaked rumor is several cast members will be female, and several will be boys, but its not some forced diversity bullshit reason for having them in.

leaked rumor is several cast members will be female, and several will be boys, but its not some forced diversity bullshit reason for having them in.
    Well then they may have gone franchise like they talked about in the first movie. We may have multiple teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I liked the call back the leaves blowing towards the museum front from GB2. Kind of shows that Reitman gets that GB isn't an all out comedy, but a mystery/thriller with wit and sarcasm. The movie should have a serious tone, like the teaser does.
    That's what made the original so great, there was a serious tone mixed with comedic moments that blended well, it's like the dark humor in the first gremlins movie.

Yeah, an all female cast Ghostbusters could have been fine, that wasn't the problem with the movie. The problem is what you're talking about, that it was so obviously forced. And then on top of it full of bigoted, tired stereotypes, and on top of that people who were critical of the film were labeled hateful. It's too bad Jones is so bitter, she was ultimately one of the strongest actors in the film, wouldn't mind seeing her back.

I saw one post that summed my feelings up best:

"Until I see Bill Murray in full costume, i'm just going to assume this movie will remain in Development Hell."

- - - Updated - - -

Well then they may have gone franchise like they talked about in the first movie. We may have multiple teams.
    A couple friends of mine theorycrafted this idea as well. I actually said if they can't get Bill Murray in as a Buster, than at least make him the head CEO of the franchise... completely uwillingly, of course! Like, make the character be upset that he basically "failed upward" and hates his job, but only did it because he's the good "face" of the franchise and the money was great. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Chris hemsworth was literally the only funny thing in that god awful movie and because he proved he could do comedy we then got Thor Ragnarok!

So thank you ghostbusters 3 you steaming pile of crap for at least establishing hemsworth as more then eye candy.
    Don't ever refer to that "film" as ghostbusters 3 again.

Hemsworth may have been amusing, but he was part of the problem. Every single male in the movie was an idiot, incompetent, or "insert negative." It's as if the script couldn't be written to handle a decent intelligent male because then the ladies themselves would likely appear "weak" in some way.

The problem imo with the reboot wasn't because they were women, it was because they were untalented shitty comedians. If you had four untalented shitty male comedians it would of flopped just as hard.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Why though? Hasn't the franchise been shown to be a non-starter at this point?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Why though? Hasn't the franchise been shown to be a non-starter at this point?
    No, it was shown that a shitty made reboot of the series with a bad script and little chemistry between the actors was a non-starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Am I the only one who actually enjoyed that show? Because it was hugely unpopular.
    I saw it when I was very young, but I'm sure, like almost all cartoons, it hasn't aged well.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    The problem imo with the reboot wasn't because they were women, it was because they were untalented shitty comedians. If you had four untalented shitty male comedians it would of flopped just as hard.
    I think it has to do with the generational difference of the comedy. Ghostbusters was a comedy, but pulled back to really having a few funny moments in a semi serious story. The new one, even if it was all males, went too far in making it the ridiculous forms of over the top comedy. That and the CGI was overdone and awful. Replace the women with men, rewrite the obvious SJW pandering jokes, and you still get a shit experience.

This new movie could have an all female cast, but if it maintains the right tone of humor, subtle comedy, and semi horror, it will succeed where the other failed spectacularly.

People are quick to blame that cinematic failure on misogynist trolls, and that line of thinking can only come from someone too delusional to reflect on their poor work.

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    I think it has to do with the generational difference of the comedy. Ghostbusters was a comedy, but pulled back to really having a few funny moments in a semi serious story. The new one, even if it was all males, went too far in making it the ridiculous forms of over the top comedy. That and the CGI was overdone and awful. Replace the women with men, rewrite the obvious SJW pandering jokes, and you still get a shit experience.

This new movie could have an all female cast, but if it maintains the right tone of humor, subtle comedy, and semi horror, it will succeed where the other failed spectacularly.

People are quick to blame that cinematic failure on misogynist trolls, and that line of thinking can only come from someone too delusional to reflect on their poor work.
    It also doesn't help that the reboot thought it was an action movie there at the end. It's really funny how we have a scene partway through the movie where they are getting blasted around an alley by their own equipment and then in time for the climax they are magically all superheroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    1. Reboot was aweful because the director didn't work off the women's talents and instead went for potty jokes and even made Leslie Jones the stereotypical angry black woman. Queef jokes, boob jokes, and even "Because im black" jokes. The Villian is a guy who was bullied and the movie ends with shooting a ghost in the dick. Felt very sexist and racist to me.

2. The only bar this movie has to surpass is beating out the 2nd movie. Lets face it, Ghostbusters 1 was lightning in a bottle and even the same cast, writers, and directors could NOT capture it again. 2nd movie was good, but it wasn't amazing like the first one.

3. This should be called Ghostbusters 4 because to me, the real Ghostbusters 3 was on the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 with the video game.
    Leslie Jones makes herself an angry black woman. Have you seen the racist tweets she does? "Ima XxXX to XXXXX white bitch"

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Already Ghostbusters 2 came a tad too late and was not living up to the original.

I don't have high hopes now that Harold Ramis is dead and the others are very, very old....
    The second movie was decent, but really it had no chance to live up to the original. 3 has a shot of being if they can get a good cast for a new generation of Ghostbusters and get the 3 remaining original actors to sign on for a passing of the torch story.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Leslie Jones makes herself an angry black woman. Have you seen the racist tweets she does? "Ima XxXX to XXXXX white bitch"
    Honestly getting tired of mouthy black women throwing their tantrums that let their fame get to their heads to deem it alright, and deigning it as a just cause. Just look at the recent barrage of tweets off that [unknownst to me at the time] rapper Azealia Banks... telling Irish people to go die in a famine. What an ugly repugnant bitch;

https://www.irishcentral.com/opinion...rish-free-pass

And it baffles me people defend such people...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2019-01-26 at 01:13 AM.