Just wait for the report. Speculation is pointless at this point. Anything released in the news related to this should be ignored. Trump is lying grifter without any redeemable qualities but at the same time he is a personal vacuum of chaos in that any discourse related to him is likely to descend into absurdity. Let the pro's handle it. If someone wants to do this type of report good for them but anything related to him should be discounted given how tends to operate under chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Trump supporters really shot themselves in the foot with this one. They're giving Mueller credibility and support.

Therefore, whatever the result of Mueller's investigation is must be accepted by them. Can't have it both ways.
    While I'm sure this isn't actually the case, how epic would it be if Mueller's team made this statement specifically to fuck with Trump supporters and put them in this catch 22?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    While I'm sure this isn't actually the case, how epic would it be if Mueller's team made this statement specifically to fuck with Trump supporters and put them in this catch 22?
    Mueller is smart enough to do this. Also, he's playing a long game, this is WAY bigger than just Trump. Taking down Trump without taking down the Russian owned parts of our government that put him where he is, would be very counter productive. Trump is an idiot. If they aren't taken down, the next person they put in might not be an idiot and things would be much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Wermys View Post
    Just wait for the report. Speculation is pointless at this point. Anything released in the news related to this should be ignored. Trump is lying grifter without any redeemable qualities but at the same time he is a personal vacuum of chaos in that any discourse related to him is likely to descend into absurdity. Let the pro's handle it. If someone wants to do this type of report good for them but anything related to him should be discounted given how tends to operate under chaos.
    There's literally public evidence, both jr's released email chain and his statement about the meeting discussed in the email chain, composed by sr, that trump was selling US foreign policy for help winning the election.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

So this happened...
    Giuliani says Trump might have talked to Cohen about his testimony: 'So what?'
    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...s-testimony-so

Something tells me the buzzfeed report wasn't as incorrect as people are assuming....

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    So this happened...

Something tells me the buzzfeed report wasn't as incorrect as people are assuming....
    "This is fake news, they never talked."

"Well maybe they talked, but it doesn't matter."

I can't wait until we're at the, "Yeah they talked about the investigation, but who wouldn't in that situation!? Talking isn't a crime!" part of the denials. I feel like we've seen this pattern before...

So this happened...

Yeah, my understanding from the Buzzfeed report and the remark from Mueller's office is that they appear to object to this information being obtained from them. Even WaPo's article on the "behind the scenes" suggests that this is where Carr and the special counsel are offended: that the SC tipped off a reporter about this or that they provided the smoking gun prior to their official report. Buzzfeed likely got the information from other DOJ agents and agencies and the mistake was in misreading Carr's emails as further corroboration of the account. Mueller may or may not be investigating this, but he's not telling anyone and doesn't want them putting words in his office's mouth.

Naturally, Trump supporters don't understand the difference and only read up to the "dispute" part before they circle up and synchronize their jacking. Giuliani moving to "if they did it then it doesn't matter" on this issue is very telling.

So this happened...

Why the hell would he ever go and say that publicly? Like what goes through these peoples minds when they make statements like this

So this happened...

Best lawyer ever.

"Yes, my client IS guilty of witness tampering."

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd take anything from Buzzfeed with the fattest grain of salt. Never trusted them myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Best lawyer ever.

"Yes, my client IS guilty of witness tampering."
    He's simply the best. Better than all the rest. Better than anyone. Except for Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    So this happened...

We should just start throwing shit a Ghouliani, and see what sticks, and what he admits to.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    We should just start throwing shit a Ghouliani, and see what sticks, and what he admits to.
    "I have not now nor have I ever paid a Russian prostitute to shit on my chest. And any evidence to the contrary is probably fake."

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    Why the hell would he ever go and say that publicly? Like what goes through these peoples minds when they make statements like this
    My guess Trump and Co. are anticipating a huge shoe to drop so they are outing themselves early.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    "I have not now nor have I ever paid a Russian prostitute to shit on my chest. And any evidence to the contrary is probably fake."
    Reminds me of the Dave Chappelle "R Kelly" celebrity trial jury selection skit. The R Kelly portion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    So this happened...

Giuliani says Trump might have talked to Cohen about his testimony: 'So what?'

Yeah - the people claiming the Buzzfeed report is fake aren't paying attention to the back and forth between Mueller's team and Buzzfeed's editorial board. They have consistently asked for the Mueller team to clarify what was inaccurate about the report, and stand by their reporters.

That is very significant.

So this happened...

Also Giuliani is admitting the Trump talks about a tower in Russia went on throughout 2016.

Now Giuliani is saying those talks lasted roughly until Trump was elected president. “It’s our understanding that they went on throughout 2016. There weren’t a lot of them, but there were conversations,” Giuliani said Sunday. “Can’t be sure of the exact dates, but the president can remember having conversations with him about it.”
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/rudy-giul...184005120.html

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't see impeachment of Trump ever having a remote chance of going anywhere, no matter what comes of the investigation. Trump might have legal issues to fight after office. But to remove him from office would take a super-majority in the Senate. That would need every Demo and Independent vote, plus ~20 Republicans in the Senate to flip. Any recent important vote has gone basically right down party lines (this would be like Kavanaugh x 100), and there is absolutely no chance of even 1 Republican flipping on that vote much less 20.

It might be interesting to learn what really happened in the Mueller results. But it seems pretty unlikely to end up actually having an outcome where Trump is penalized while in office.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    Other news outlets were unable to corroborate its findings. The office of special counsel Robert Mueller broke precedent & issued a denial, interrupting 20 months of silence on reports swirling around his investigation.

significant? this was someone trying to impress thier rich donors with a game of clue.
    What's really amazing is that people see what they want, rather than what actually happened. A number of people in this thread have pointed out the nuances of the SCO denial and what it means, and the senior staff is pointing out the wording of the denial from SCO as well.

I know details don't matter to you people, but the rest of the world is paying attention.

it amazes me how intelligent people cant come to the most obvious path of least resistance answer and start spinning like a Qanon bloke.
    It amazes me how intelligent people can ignore obvious and glaring details in their search for the deplorable answer.
    Last edited by cubby; 2019-01-21 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    Other news outlets were unable to corroborate its findings. The office of special counsel Robert Mueller broke precedent & issued a denial, interrupting 20 months of silence on reports swirling around his investigation.
    Carr and the special counsel's office didn't deny the report that Cohen was instructed to lie by Trump. Carr denied that the office had corroborated the account, and WaPo's breakdown indicates that their point of contention is based on a misunderstanding through emails between Carr and the reporters. However, they indicate that they corroborated this independently of the special counsel.

Why other outlets haven't been able to corroborate? That's fair to wonder. It could be that they simply haven't contacted those who would know. If this were knowledge circulating wide enough inside of the DOJ that everyone could corroborate it, it would be insane that Buzzfeed breaks it and not, well, about a dozen other sources I could think of - so it's reasonable that if Buzzfeed has a source on this, others may not be able to get to that same source. But that a reasonable explanation exists doesn't exclude the possibility that the whole thing could be off base.