Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Because toxic masculinity is so ill defined. Look at all the 'bad behaviours' in that ad. Some of them I agree are bad, others I see as just normal healthy male behaviour. So it seems Gillette sees me as a toxic male because I have no issue approaching an attractive woman. I'm toxic because I wrestled with my brother when i was a kid. Well Gillette can go fuck themselves.
    you could take pride in the word toxic

like O&A did with their Virus tours

or i guess you could just complain about it like a gentle snowflake

personally my take is....yeah im toxic...so the fuck what?

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    That's a poor way of looking at it. It works exactly like a poll. You do know when poll results reveal that 40% of the country are in favour of X, it doesn't actually mean they asked 40% of the population. I'm sure you know this but I can't be so sure given your reply.
    Except this is a poll where 95% of the people surveyed left their sheet blank.

It's like having a poll of 100 people. 94 didn't respond, 4 said they hated it and 2 said they liked it.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Never thought I'd live to see the day when "be a good role model" was a contentious thing to say.
    Having watched both just now I really don’t get what’s going on, both adds are pretty much saying the same thing one is supporting being the best man you can be and the other is outlining some of the quaility can make men the best they can be. I can’t possibly see how they could be opposed to another.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Except they weren't just talking about people approaching women or just playing around with siblings. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that. You're living in your own fantasy land because of your severe victim complex.
    Is approaching a woman asking for a date toxic male behaviour? Is boys play fighting toxic male behaviour? Is asking a girl to smile for the camera toxic male behaviour? Is bullying, or demeaning a co worker strictly male only toxic behaviours? If not, what was the point of including them in the narrative?

7+ Year Old Account
    For those of you still convinced the Gillette video wasn't an attack on men, check this out:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...linity-ad.html

Why you would get a misandrist to create a video selling mens products is a fucking mystery.
    So I didn’t read the whole thing you linked but from the quote you put in it doesn’t sound like there a misandrist. The ode is weird sure but some ones life crumbling because they are addicted to steroids is a very real thing and isn’t misandrist.

- - - Updated - - -

You just haven't practiced your mental gymnastics enough like some posters here. Keep training and maybe you too will eventually see how Gillette is somehow calling all white men trash.
    I’m really bad at gymnastics so it might take me awhile to catch up.

10+ Year Old Account
    You just haven't practiced your mental gymnastics enough like some posters here. Keep training and maybe you too will eventually see how Gillette is somehow calling all white men trash.
    Do you remember the Adrian Peterson thread awhile back that dealt with him beating his kids, and we had a rather unhealthy portion of the forum say that their parents beat them and they turned out fine? The people complaining about this commercial about being better than that are those very same people who found normalcy in being beaten by their parents.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    you could take pride in the word toxic

like O&A did with their Virus tours

or i guess you could just complain about it like a gentle snowflake

personally my take is....yeah im toxic...so the fuck what?
    Make no mistake this isn't affecting me on a personal level, I'm old and wise enough to see exactly what's going on here. I'm more concerned with the younger male generation who are forever being told by media they are bad because of their gender. How high does the male suicide rate need to be before progressive feminists back off?

Make no mistake this isn't affecting me on a personal level, I'm old and wise enough to see exactly what's going on here. I'm more concerned with the younger male generation who are forever being told by media they are bad because of their gender. How high does the male suicide rate need to be before progressive feminists back off?
    i hope higher

i dont like traffic

but my problem with this is the that somehow only men are bad

why cant they admit everyone is bad

they need to be more inclusive

7+ Year Old Account
    Who was the ad directed at then?
    I could be very wrong but to me it looked like it was directed at kids and fathers of young kids to help them teach there kids to be the best man they can be.

This whole thing is making my head spin. People that got offended that people got offended about the Gillette commercial are now getting offended at this commercial. Excuse me while I get offended at this.

As for the commercial itself, is a man.................................................................................going to take any longer to make a dramatic pause?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I could be very wrong but to me it looked like it was directed at kids and fathers of young kids to help them teach there kids to be the best man they can be.
    So fathers need to tell their sons not to be Harvey Weinstein? Just how bad does Gillette think fathers are? Are today's dads so bad Gillette felt compelled to create a short film showing us what is toxic?

How do you define what the best a man can be is? By being more effeminate? By what right do sjws get to define what a good man is?

How high does the male suicide rate need to be before progressive feminists back off?
    Funny that you bring up male suicide rates considering how much toxic masculinity figures into them.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

And a good poll keeps up with how many people didn't respond when solicited. If it's a poll using voluntary sampling then it's a bad sampling method and is used for almost literally nothing because typically it's the most negative who are the loudest.

So, no. It's not a poor way of looking at it. It's the correct way of looking at it. You're also talking to someone with a PhD in statistics so I'm pretty sure I'm aware of how polling works.
    Cool, then show me any other data we have that would support you way of looking at this?

What the heck is going on these days?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Funny that you bring up male suicide rates considering how much toxic masculinity figures into them.
    Yep there's an awful lot of men in my field of work that actually suffer depression among other health problems due to stress because they've been lead to believe that a man must be the bread winner in their households. It's ingrained so deeply in some that they resort to calling those who have wives/girlfriends with better jobs (one guy's wife is a Doctor) that they're not real men because someone is taking care of them.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    What the heck is going on these days?
    Twitter is what happened.

Twitter gave voice to millions of morons and people desperate for attention.

Old media now trawls twitter looking for a few people who are offended and boom you got yourself a movement and then advertisers leech off it.

When do they say approaching a woman to ask for a date is toxic behavior? Women don't want to be bothered while they're walking down the street. Why do you think you have a right to do so? Telling anyone, especially someone you don't know, to "smile sweetie" is rude as fuck. Again, mind your own fucking business.
    Sexy blonde chick dressed to exhibit her beauty walks down the street. Young white man with self confidence sees her and goes to approach. Luckily, a black guy appears just in time to intervene and save the blonde girl from being harassed. Not cool man, not cool he says to the frustrated white sexist male who had the indecency to want her number. He was probably going to rape her on the street. What a shame the girl needed a mans help to be protected from a toxic male, that she couldn't tell him to piss off herself.

I assume in your perfect world only women would be allowed to initiate courtship, because if a man does it it's toxic masculinity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Got any sources that state that "the majority" hated the commercial?
    Nearly twice as many people thumbs downed it?

Lets turn it against them with another movement

#GROWABEARDDITCHTHERAZORSSAVETHEENVIRONMENT

Disposable razors are so needless in this day and age so lets get rid of them and put these pricks out of business!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Yep there's an awful lot of men in my field of work that actually suffer depression among other health problems due to stress because they've been lead to believe that a man must be the bread winner in their households. It's ingrained so deeply in some that they resort to calling those who have wives/girlfriends with better jobs (one guy's wife is a Doctor) that they're not real men because someone is taking care of them.
    It's also known that women find men who earn less than them unappealing. Given that women's wages are increasing and men's are decreasing, it puts a lot of pressure on younger men these days.