Poll: What kind of phone are you using now?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    the hell is an Obama phone?
    It's the charge on everyone in the us mobile bill so people that can't afford a plan can have a phone.

Apple Iphone X because i have class /flex
    Nah, its a Samsung S3 Neo ^^.

"No phone" in 2019 in a gaming forum? Really?

Anyway, Android of course. Vodafone Smart Platinum 7 bought in 2016, no plans to upgrade for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Galaxy S7. Might need an upgrade soon... battery's losing its punch.
    same situation with mine. im waiting for the S10

iphone is horrible unless you are all in on apple, then i think it is ok. but i refuse to go all in on apple

Android. Having higher specs over the latest apple while being cheaper.
    The idiocy of people amazes me.

When I ask my students or most recently my wife (when she insisted on buying an apple) the best answer they could give;
    It is good and everybody uses them.

Then I compare their newest model to an android phone, which has better specs and better price. Their answer changes with a perplexed. confused face and a delay of 3 seconds to answer;
    But it is better.

Like wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    answered on page 1 of thread. Some kinda subsidised phone for low income people.
    Great thing!
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    the hell is an Obama phone?
    Republican lawmakers have no idea, but they know it's bad and needs to be repealed.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

I use a Samsung Core Prime while working. I don't care if it gets damaged or stolen, it's cheap...

Where as I use a Razer 2 for personal use outside work that I am careful with.

7+ Year Old Account
    Android, obviously.
    Huawei P10 Lite

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    The idiocy of people amazes me.

When I ask my students or most recently my wife (when she insisted on buying an apple) the best answer they could give;
    It is good and everybody uses them.

Then I compare their newest model to an android phone, which has better specs and better price. Their answer changes with a perplexed. confused face and a delay of 3 seconds to answer;
    But it is better.

Like wtf?
    Which Android has currently a better processor or camera then the Iphone X? Or what speccs are you refering to?
    Technical speccs are also only half the story - user experience is the other half. Non power users will likely prefer the guided experience of an Iphone.
    I can absolutely get behind the price issue though - the latest phones are priced ridiculously high. Many of the high end Android ones are very very high as well meanwhile but Apple clearly takes the cake. This is a problem for a lot of hardware at the moment though in areas where brand and sometime marginally better speccs win consumers over (e.g. Nvidia, Apple, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Make the entire world one big raid. Everyone huddles in cities until they can find 19 other adventurers to group with. Then they gradually trash pull their way through the zone

Luke Skywalker was an angry young male from the desert, who was indoctrinated by a religious fringe member, and joined a terror plot to blow up a major military installation. Luke is a 9/11 pilot...

Iphone5C i got for $99 4 years ago. Still works. Although it's running pretty slow and battery doesn't last as long anymore and only has 8 GB of storage.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Iphone5C i got for $99 4 years ago. Still works. Although it's running pretty slow and battery doesn't last as long anymore and only has 8 GB of storage.
    8gb of storage... ew. Bought 2 64gb sans micro sd cards for €7 each last Black Friday.

Galaxy S9+

Pretty much everything Android vs. Apple that has been said in this thread already.

15+ Year Old Account
    I could finally get out of the Apple bubble since I dont require it for work anymore. Got myself a Huawei Mate 20 pro, and WOW the phone and the OS is AMAZING compared to what I am used to from Apple(Had an Iphone X)

Sony Xperia XA.

I simply do not need more power for a device I use for communicating and browsing while I commute.

Quote Originally Posted by Sathnick View Post
    Which Android has currently a better processor or camera then the Iphone X? Or what speccs are you refering to?
    What specs? %99 of the users do not even know what does resolution mean. Because guess what, the best they do with their phone is to play fortnight or pubg.
    So for the knowledgeable(!) guys like me, i look at cpu, ram, resolution, battery life, camera.

Bought my aquos r2 706sh in august I think in japan (I live here)
    So please find me a better iphone xyxasdfg whatever with better cpu, resolution etc above specs during that time. Because to an avarage joe having dickprint recognition does not compute. Like wtf i do? I send message, use line, record video, take pictures play 2 games, use internet. Finished, If you think these Japanese are tech gurus, oh boy I got news to tell you. I can hardly find a single student who is capable of typing 2 words on word. Employees do work with office programs but ho boy the questions that i got asked. So please, apples 10 pages of garbage, bloated useless specs mean jackshit to me and to these people. I went to Yodabashi camera, where you can find all the famous suppliers + operators, compared everything myself.

I did not see an apple phone which had better;
    cpu clock
    ram
    resolution
    64gb is enough for me and having 256gb does not make a phone better, faster.

The best argument these people give;
    It is cute (the logo), everybody uses, it is good.

If it was better, trust me I would use it. I changed many products in my life, my phone, computer parts, my goalie gloves etc but I see 0 reason to buy something worse for a higher price just because of the apple icon on it. I can draw myself if needed.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    One of the reasons why i prefer Apple over Android:
    https://blog.trendmicro.com/trendlab...asion-tactics/

Typical Android, you see it again and again with all these malware shitapps - incredible!

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Android. I prefer my freedom. Apple is to restricted for my taste. That and I have encountered to many stories from friends and family where Apple (as in staff at the "Genius Bar") tried to fool them.

iPhone XS. Prior to that - iPhone 6S since launch. Upgrade was disappointing - screen is better, camera is better, but at it's core - it was literally the same phone - an iPhone. I guess for Android users upgrading from 3 year old phone they at least get new operating system and phones feel fast - not the case with iPhones - same iOS version, same fast UX, so felt like going only to a slightly better phone that is the same, not a new phone.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/iphone-...view-5745.html so that's a lie?
    Last edited by ldev; 2019-01-22 at 10:26 AM.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy s6. I'm well overdue for an upgrade on my mobile plan.