Im gonna do this build now
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post

Im gonna do this build now
    Showed this to some of my friends who are just starting this game. They were like "how is that allowed" and "why does GGG allow stuff like this" and i just sighed and said "oh sweet summer child" then showed them the wurmblaster.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got my first Shaper Kill ever last night. Went really smoothly, only dying to Shaper once (bad shaper balls and shaft in phase 3). Its awesome being able to facetank him through his slam and beam most of the time. Not sure if I will do more kills or not. I am also not sure if Uber Elder is an aspiration i have at this point, might just farm some currency to convert my witch to a new build. My scion is very solid and upgrades are getting quite expensive. May even try my first build without a guide.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

Got back to this game after four years.

Wow, it got some updates :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by imabanana View Post
    If you want to go for Uber Elder, do Shaper a few more time first to get used to mechanics, and same thing with normal red Elder if you haven't done it much. The one thing I really dislike about "endgame" is how Uber Elder is really WAY harder than any other fight. A lot of builds that can faceroll Shaper and Elder t15 can be destroyed by Uber.

I'd love if there was a bit more variety in endgame fights. They've added a few with Delve/Betrayal but all are also around Shaper difficulty or below.
    That is pretty much exactly why i am unsure if it is a path i want to pursue. Mostly farming t16 and delve right now to build currency. I might then convert my Witch to a Uber Elder killer when i get some more assets. I am just focusing on crafting sellable items and farming fossils right now, with the occasional Red Elder kill for that dream Watcher's Eye, still need a discipline one for my main build.

I gave PoE another go because the diablo season took half a month too long to launch yet again. I really like the changes they have made to the atlas and how much easier it is now to unlock everything in SSF, and also how easy it is to sustain red maps in SSF.

I'm pretty happy I went with a full-on meta build this time too, everything just gets deleted all the way up to t16. I'm still using a tabula though so I am pretty squishy, but I'm managing to level up without getting stuck at the low 90's, which is what happens to me usually on squishy builds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I gave PoE another go because the diablo season took half a month too long to launch yet again. I really like the changes they have made to the atlas and how much easier it is now to unlock everything in SSF, and also how easy it is to sustain red maps in SSF.

I'm pretty happy I went with a full-on meta build this time too, everything just gets deleted all the way up to t16. I'm still using a tabula though so I am pretty squishy, but I'm managing to level up without getting stuck at the low 90's, which is what happens to me usually on squishy builds.
    As a SC player, i almost always top out at the low 90s. Between my reckless playstyle and my desire to play different builds all the time, i don't sustain a healthy XP Gain rate. It's not that I am playing an unsafe build, far from it actually as I can tank Shaper beams without moving, I just sometimes dive too deep into too many monsters and their damage beats the leech cap....

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2019-02-19 at 08:15 PM.

Another spell buff extravaganza, melee shat on...have played this game for 6k+ hours now, time to move on for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    Another spell buff extravaganza, melee shat on...have played this game for 6k+ hours now, time to move on for me.
    Well, they're trying to buff spells so people actually cast them, since almost every spell-based build is CoC/CoDT or tied to totems etc. Sounds like they want people to actually cast them every once in a while, which I'm fine with.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Well, they're trying to buff spells so people actually cast them, since almost every spell-based build is CoC/CoDT or tied to totems etc. Sounds like they want people to actually cast them every once in a while, which I'm fine with.
    Indeed but that doesn't take away from his point.
    The vast majority of skills used appears to be spells. Melee is in a bad place, and most 'good' melee skills are good because their not actually melee anymore in the traditional sense.
    A spell overhaul is nice but it is just going to make Melee even more fringe then it already is.
    More then a spell overhaul to increase hard casting the game needs a melee overhaul to make it more viable.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Indeed but that doesn't take away from his point.
    The vast majority of skills used appears to be spells. Melee is in a bad place, and most 'good' melee skills are good because their not actually melee anymore in the traditional sense.
    A spell overhaul is nice but it is just going to make Melee even more fringe then it already is.
    More then a spell overhaul to increase hard casting the game needs a melee overhaul to make it more viable.
    Welp, my molten ball jugg still performs well at least! I tried one of the meme builds (frost orb? the channeled one) and it was kinda fun, but between not having the right gear (impulsa's, hhhnnngggg) and the mechanics I ended up dropping it (hate having to stop to charge it up frequently).

But my brother is playing one of those "melee" builds that's largely CoC, but I'd be down for more viable melee builds. I still want to figure out how to make a Counterattack/CwDT build for shits and giggles so I can just ignore mechanics and passively kill everything hitting me. I know it'll never work, but damn if I'm not going to try!

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks fun, and I do like the concept... but I have to agree that a spell rework seems a little unnecessary, compared to the much needed melee rework. Fingers crossed for next League, I guess?

Also, will the PS4 version be up for this?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Looks fun, and I do like the concept... but I have to agree that a spell rework seems a little unnecessary, compared to the much needed melee rework. Fingers crossed for next League, I guess?

Also, will the PS4 version be up for this?
    Says March and yeah it will supposedly.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/64912...h-8/index.html

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Um, looks like a combination of ideas they've been using with Delves and Atlas...kinda cool, kinda also not exciting. I don't really like the idea of decaying memories meaning you have to regrind your way back. It's like an Atlas that breaks down and you have to reclear to unlock. It will certainly be fun, but something about it feels a little less shiny than their recent work.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Um, looks like a combination of ideas they've been using with Delves and Atlas...kinda cool, kinda also not exciting. I don't really like the idea of decaying memories meaning you have to regrind your way back. It's like an Atlas that breaks down and you have to reclear to unlock. It will certainly be fun, but something about it feels a little less shiny than their recent work.
    As long as mobs in those zones remain high level, I actually prefer that to the current atlas. It sucks not having any reason to run the majority of the maps because all the mobs won't give shit for XP and will have garbage low level drops. I can see it getting annoying depending on the balance, but I dig the concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Says March and yeah it will supposedly.
    Fingers crossed! This spell rework has me hankering after some kind of Holy Damage AoE build.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

One of the biggest turn offs for this game to me is the animations are just absolutely terrible. Your character looks so stiff and lifeless and the spells all look ridiculous when your character just runs the same speed and does the same swing for everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    They are looking to improve melee in 3.7.0

We try to focus on one area of balance with each major expansion to address that area as thoroughly as we can. Around the time that we started scoping 3.6.0, handcasting and lack of powerful spell variety were big topics both in the community and in our design discussions. We feel that the changes in 3.6.0 greatly improve the spellcasting situation and are very much looking forward to your feedback on these when you get to play the expansion.

As for melee, it's certainly on our radar and is likely to be the focus of 3.7.0 balance work. The design team have some good ideas that I'm quite excited about.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile...notes/egtumqa/

It looks like Incursion 2.0; hopefully they've improved it, but it seems they're still relying on timers. Bummed that Betrayal is being folded into core. Looking forward to spell balance pass and self-casting improvements.