Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    And your source for this is?
    https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...ason-richwine/

And the article states that the number is unknown, likely to fall between 2 and 10% or reported rapes. So, let's dig into that for a moment.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...e-us-by-state/

This is rape data for 2017. 2018's isn't in yet, but 2019 is still in its first month, so, there's that.

The total number of reported rapes is 134,250. Ok, so, of that number, and to be sure, 100% of these must have been reported to have them come back as bullshit, because it just doesn't make sense for a rape claim to be found incredulous AND also not be reported.... that is a paradox. If we are to believe the 2% - 10% rate the actual study gives, and not the Rolling Stone, of whom was sued the fuck out of by the actual victim in the UVA case, and Sabrina Erdeley was fired over, because she is an abysmal so-called "journalist", We're still talking 2,865 - 13,425 people who were unlawfully accused of raping someone. And that accusation sticks with you, even if you are exonerated, and even when it is found to be a maliciously filed allegation. No one comes to your protection, other than your family and close friends.

But it doesn't stop there.... Some accusations are just perpetuated in the media, and of those, nearly all of them are bullshit, often because if these were reported to the police, they know they would be ferreted out as a fucking liar.

Add to that the number of others fucked out of their livelihood by a false sexual harassment accusation at work, and you can see first hand what the kangaroo court looks like. I've done this. It gave me PTSD, and I lost my house, my wife, and my reputation over it. All because a couple of bitches didn't like the way I ran my shift at work. After I relocated, and got my life back together, all I can say is, if you think the shit can't happen to you, I hope for your sake you're right, but as the climate becomes more and more hostile to men, we'll see. If bad shit does happen, you can't say no one ever warned you.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    The fact that you have to allude to aborted fetuses in order to try and compare male vs female murder rates is quite sad as well as telling.
    Women have the right to their own bodies. It hurts, I know. If you want to go down that road, I'm sure more already born people have still been killed in wars and crimes and religious zealotry.
    Women do have the right to their bodies.. but abortion is not about their body. It is about the fetus's body. And I would LOVE to go down this road. The only thing that has killed more people faster than abortion, was Marxism.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Oh I'm quite sure none of this ever happened at all. I'm more inclined to believe that said woman didn't want to have sex with you so you're on a crusade against all women. It's OK -- we have a few of those types here who believe women are machines that if you do enough good things for you're supposed to get sex in return. Maybe if you fix yourself you wouldn't have to convince yourself that all women are inherently evil instead of considering you might be the problem.
    Well, whatever you say. You know my life better than I do... I'm already put back together. It wasn't a wife that brought me to that conclusion though. It was a false sexual harassment claim made against me that showed me just how things worked. After my relocation, it gave me the fresh start I needed, and since I am not willing to remarry, I'm happy with it. But I'm also not stupid about it.

But yeah, keep telling yourself I'm just an incel. I don't honestly give a fuck what you think about it.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I was just stating my feelings on it, not trying to deflect. Why the focus on men when their company sells products to all and there exists problematic behavior in women?

As a good man, being a good man is enough. Telling me I'm not good enough because I'm not sniffing out bad behavior in other men and stopping it is what I do not like.
    Men being toxic is a much hotter issue at the moment then women with things like trump being president.

As go being a good man. No where does the video imply that you should go sniffing out bad behaviour what it does show is men stepping up to stop such things when it’s right in front of them. If you want to turn a blind eye to problems that’s fine but though out pretty much all of history it’s been the hero’s who stand up for others that have been ideals for men not the bystanders who do nothing. Even this new pro men add reaffirmes that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ge0 View Post
    One ad highlights the bad in men. One ad highlights the good in men. Not surprising the second is more well received.
    The first add highlights the good and bad men to promote teaching kids to be better. Both adds line up on the same side of trying to promote men to be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melusine View Post
    Well, whatever you say. You know my life better than I do... I'm already put back together. It wasn't a wife that brought me to that conclusion though. It was a false sexual harassment claim made against me that showed me just how things worked. After my relocation, it gave me the fresh start I needed, and since I am not willing to remarry, I'm happy with it. But I'm also not stupid about it.

But yeah, keep telling yourself I'm just an incel. I don't honestly give a fuck what you think about it.
    Oh I know you're full of shit and you've done a fine job on putting it on display for all of us here to see it.

When you initially brought up false claims I said sure we can punish those people who make false claims and we can take the other 98% seriously. You decided to call my 2% number (I hadn't checked the spread at the time) feminist bullshit and then proceed to link evidence the number can be between 2-10% verifying that my 2% was partially correct. Then you refused to even answer the question if we should take other rape accusations seriously instead deciding to focus again on calling feminists liars. All you've demonstrated here is that you're a compulsive liar with a strong hatred towards women.

You can tell us all the bullshit you want. Nobody is going to believe a word of your nonsense. Sounds to me like your wife left you due to an abusive nature and you've concocted a fantasy that you're so far down the rabbit hole you actually believe. As I said previously seek help.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    That's a really weird way of getting rid of them. I wonder if that's what they've been doing this whole time?
    There's some people on Twitter flushing them or breaking them and flushing them. It's a really stupid way to protest as it just ends up costing them more money down the line. Kind of like the Nike and Keurig things where people burn/break them after buying them. At that point the companies have your money and you're out the stuff you paid for just to prove a stupid point.
    Last edited by Captain N; 2019-01-21 at 06:40 PM.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    That advertisement comes off to me that same way.

"You're a bad men, buy our product. Don't think you're a bad man? Well why aren't you doing everything in your power to stop other bad men like you? Buy Gillette."

Like, no matter how much you feel personally you're a good person, ads like that aren't going to convey it when they're not even differentiating it. "There are some bad men out there" angle would have been a lot better than "Men are bad, we as a collective need to make sure you're not bad again."

I think that's where the discomfort comes from. Like the ad somehow disagrees with your already stable view about yourself.
    Do you not think a man breaking up an argument and getting two others to shake hands isn’t high lighting good men? The man teaching his kid self conidende in the mirror? The man stepping up to stop bully’s as his son looks up to him in awe?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Let's ignore men and all that for a moment and discuss the REAL issue here...

Gillette attacking barbeque! How dare you, Gillette? How dare you?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Men being toxic is a much hotter issue at the moment then women with things like trump being president.

As go being a good man. No where does the video imply that you should go sniffing out bad behaviour what it does show is men stepping up to stop such things when it’s right in front of them. If you want to turn a blind eye to problems that’s fine but though out pretty much all of history it’s been the hero’s who stand up for others that have been ideals for men not the bystanders who do nothing. Even this new pro men add reaffirmes that.
    Right, whatever. That ad shits on normal male behavior, and makes up a lot of shit to justify it.

Ex. A woman walks by, and a guy notices her, smiles, and starts walking toward her, so that a white knight cuck, ok, he wasn't exactly white, cuts him off and says "Not cool, man."

And what if that woman would have been delighted to be approached by that guy, and the cuck cock-blocked him just enough that she got away? The cuck would have deserved a great big foot up his ass, that's what. And why is the woman not good enough to tell the man, provided she wasn't interested, herself? Why does she need white knight cuckfuck's "protection"? I thought she was a big girl?

Another example:

A pool party is going on, and a big guy walks up to a girl at the party, one that she is assumed to be enjoying, and tells her to smile, and some cuck intercedes there, too. Why? Because he was a fat guy? By SJW NPC logic, isn't that fat shaming?!?! Oh right, only if it was a big girl, right.... the double standards and all....

Another and then, fuck Gillette and fuck this discussion:

Two kids fighting out in the yard, and a parent tells the boys "That's not how kids behave". WHAT!! THE!!! SERIOUS!!! FUCK!!!! That's exactly how children interact. Every mammalian species on the planet does that sort of shit. We think it's cute when puppies do it. It's adorable when kittens do it. But for some fucking reason, when our own offspring does it, as they are testing out their lacking skills in socializing, and attempting to grow from it, we say no to it. Maybe that's why we have so many soy boy cucks in the world now. When I was a kid, the only time an adult stepped in was when one of them got a bloody nose, or when one of the kids picked up a hammer or something. By the time we were all teens, we respected each other, and it only took once or twice for someone to fuck with us to know they fucked up. None of us were bullied, and god forbid we go home crying to our mommies.

I'm gonna just say, if that is Gillette's image for their consumers, then whatever, but it isn't every day, you watch a razor company ironically slit its own throat this way, so enjoy the moment. It may never happen again in our life times. Best thing that has happened for Dollar Shave Club, Schick and the other razor companies out there. But, ultimately, I never used their shit, and I never will. I am one of those kids that learned successfully to use a straight razor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Oh I know you're full of shit and you've done a fine job on putting it on display for all of us here to see it.

When you initially brought up false claims I said sure we can punish those people who make false claims and we can take the other 98% seriously. You decided to call my 2% number (I hadn't checked the spread at the time) feminist bullshit and then proceed to link evidence the number can be between 2-10% verifying that my 2% was partially correct. Then you refused to even answer the question if we should take other rape accusations seriously instead deciding to focus again on calling feminists liars. All you've demonstrated here is that you're a compulsive liar with a strong hatred towards women.

You can tell us all the bullshit you want. Nobody is going to believe a word of your nonsense. Sounds to me like your wife left you due to an abusive nature and you've concocted a fantasy that you're so far down the rabbit hole you actually believe. As I said previously seek help.

There's some people on Twitter flushing them or breaking them and flushing them. It's a really stupid way to protest as it just ends up costing them more money down the line. Kind of like the Nike and Keurig things where people burn/break them after buying them. At that point the companies have your money and you're out the stuff you paid for just to prove a stupid point.
    You're a moron, and you somehow seem to think a ball-park with a %error of 500% is "in the ball park?!!?" You don't understand statistics. Or much of anything else, for that matter.

So, I didn't see your request for what I thought on if we should take other rape accusations seriously instead deciding to focus again on calling feminists liars. I said Feminists were full of shit, and you'll forgive me for not falling for the derailment attempt, or you won't I don't fucking care. Should we take rape accusations seriously? No. We should take evidence of rape seriously. I've been lied to by enough people in my lifetime to know, you never take a person at their word, only what you can prove. Not even a woman's. Hell, most women will tell you that women are bitchy liars. The term "Frenemy" doesn't exist because of men.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Yeah, bullshit to you.
    Ahh.. .the sounds of jealousy. So delicious....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    You literally just linked a bunch of people's opinions and then use some hardcore mental gymnastics to somehow map every non-monetary issue of divorce back to money. You literally said that those who work too much to make money got divorced because ??? money???. Like where the fuck is your logic?

- - - Updated - - -

God damn, definitely an incel. Fucking called it.
    To the first, women get lonely. If they didn't, and they were content with their life, no fucking around, no loneliness, it is tied together.
    Oh yes, another fucking moron. Called it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Big ol quote.
    I have no idea how to respond to most of this.

As to the guy approaching the girl I don’t see a problem with that. The guy telling the girl to smile seems a bit rude as he seems to be interrupting another conversation to inject but the add moves fast enough that I could be wrong there. As to the kids fighting it seems rather one sided and I guess the one kid is going to far as you your self said is a possibly with the only real difference being they didn’t put a bloody nose in the add.

As to every thing else you said, I just can’t even.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Any man who gets his dick sucked as much as he should never be depressed. I've found men are fairly easy to please. Respect them and treat them well and they stick by you. A concept that seems to have faded in this age. Don't hen peck them and mistreat them, and make them cum. It isn't a hard thing to do. Don't be a cunt seems to be ancient wisdom these days.
    Don't tell me...tell torto...this is his logic.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're a moron, and you somehow seem to think a ball-park with a %error of 500% is "in the ball park?!!?" You don't understand statistics. Or much of anything else, for that matter.

So, I didn't see your request for what I thought on if we should take other rape accusations seriously instead deciding to focus again on calling feminists liars. I said Feminists were full of shit, and you'll forgive me for not falling for the derailment attempt, or you won't I don't fucking care. Should we take rape accusations seriously? No. We should take evidence of rape seriously. I've been lied to by enough people in my lifetime to know, you never take a person at their word, only what you can prove. Not even a woman's. Hell, most women will tell you that women are bitchy liars. The term "Frenemy" doesn't exist because of men.
    I understand that you have an intense hatred for women. So much in fact that you're defending abusive behavior as normal and disregarding anything that doesn't align with your narrative. The more you post the more inclined I am to believe that you attempted to rape your former spouse and she both had you arrested and left your ass. You've demonstrated nothing but abusive behavior towards women and that you support toxic behavior in men as normal. This is the sign of a sociopath who needs some serious help.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Two kids fighting out in the yard, and a parent tells the boys "That's not how kids behave". WHAT!! THE!!! SERIOUS!!! FUCK!!!! That's exactly how children interact. Every mammalian species on the planet does that sort of shit. We think it's cute when puppies do it. It's adorable when kittens do it. But for some fucking reason, when our own offspring does it, as they are testing out their lacking skills in socializing, and attempting to grow from it, we say no to it.
    I'm sure there is more I could nit-pick, but as a dog owner I have to point out the world of difference between dogs and cats "fighting" for play, where bites are soft and tails are wagging, compared to fighting with hackles raised, hissing and snarling.

Kid's in a fight out of frustration, anger, and high-flying emotions has nothing to do with "fighting for fun." There actually is a difference, we usually call it "wrestling."

I mean, if you think getting in serious, anger filled, fights is normal behavior and perfectly acceptable...then I guess our worldviews are too different to have anything to discuss.

But your metaphor sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    It's A OK to appreciate male role models, but that's just the thing... The MAJORITY of men, any nationality/color/religion, are not involved in shady business, ERGO, they're good role models already, so why should they feel otherwise? From the commercial of a giant, shady conglomerate no less?
    So don't?

I literally just watched the Gillette ad in question today. Figured if I was going to watch this one, I might as well watch the original.

I felt good about it. I don't think challenging people to act the right way is a negative, and I don't feel chastised by a commercial that challenges behavior I don't engage in. If the majority of good men feel bad because a commercial calls out shitty behavior, that guilt isn't coming from the commercial.

As far as the watch commercial, I have no problems with what it brings up either. There are plenty of issues disproportionately affecting men that need addressing -- but then again "try to be a decent person" and "do the most good possible" are the essence of my political ideology and the heart of how I try to behave to begin with, so they didn't need to work to get me on board. To the extent that I fail, and we all do, I try to do better -- and if a commercial can prompt even a tiny bit of self-reflection and betterment then I'd say a company is finally doing what it's supposed to be doing: Serving the public good.

Will this make me buy a Gillette razor or an Egard watch? Nope. And I suspect 90% of the people claiming they will (or won't) buy these products because of these commercials are straight-up lying. That doesn't make make it a bad message.
    Last edited by Xar226; 2019-01-21 at 07:19 PM.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

N...No they don't. When a mass majority of people of a certain demographic do something and 1 bucks the system, that is called the EXCEPTION to the rule. When it becomes more common, THAT is when the rule has been changed.
    But then it isn't a rule. At best it's a trend.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think it is clear how those two adds were received from the likes/dislikes alone.
    What's the point of arguing about it?

Mic drop
    Not sure why you think this is worthy of a mic drop. Especially since one of your sources seems to be basically a "Learn how to get any woman to sleep with you with this one simple trick!" type of website.

For the other:

1. Infidelity - Goes both ways. Men cheat on women. Women cheat on men. Doesn't necessarily have anything at all to do with money. Also, typically the person filing for divorce is the one getting cheated on.

2. Incompatible - Sometimes people get married for the wrong reasons. Example: you get drunk and sleep together and the lady gets pregnant. You decide the best thing to do for the kid is to get married. Maybe you stick out the whole 18 or so years...maybe not. The marriage was never going to last the test of time.

3. Drinking/drug use - Being with someone that abuses drugs or alcohol is hard. Especially since a lot of domestic abuse is tied into these things.

4. Grew Apart - People can change over years of being together. You start to want things your partner does not. Often happens when the kids are all grown up.

5. Personality problems - This is too vague to really comment on. ..but is more complicated than "arguing about money".

6. Lack of communication - Pretty straightforward and has nothing to do with money. MAybhe it's because one partner "works too much" but that flies in the face of "she left him because he wasn't making enough money" logic.

7. Physical or mental abuse - Again...straightforward and nothing to do with money.

8. Loss of love - Seems like it's kind of covered in other steps...but nothing to do with money.

9. Not meeting family obligations - This one is often directly opposed to the idea that not enough money is the issue. You keep missing out on little Timmy's baseball games because you decided work was more important.

10. Employment problems - Ah, finally one that actually has something to do with money...but oddly still not "man doesn't make enough money so wife files for divorce" level of cut and dry. Sure, that might sometimes be the issue...but even if it were the case 100% of the time in this situation...it's only 1 step out of the top ten.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    standing up to the bad men shouldn’t be a problem for any good man so what’s the big deal?
    I'm glad you volunteer to spend your life "standing up to bad men" so I don't have to.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    I'm glad you volunteer to spend your life "standing up to bad men" so I don't have to.
    Do you think people don’t?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Adapter View Post
    I think it is clear how those two adds were received from the likes/dislikes alone.
    What's the point of arguing about it?
    lol at taking that sort of thing seriosly on youtube.