Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Yup. The city was rebuilt using magic alone. Wouldn’t be too hard for them to lift it into the sky.

They’d only need to move the reconstructed part and the Sunwell.

But so long as the Sunwell’s shield holds there’s no need. There’s even less need for the Alliance to invade since Quel’thalas is cut off from the rest of the Eastern Kingdoms. The Blood Elves can’t move troops by foot due to the plaguelands and it lacks a major sea port. Most travel is done with portals, which they could do from Kalimdor, negating any benefit reason for them to attack.

If the Alliance are stupid enough to waste resources attacking them and they’re able to get passed the shield AND the Sunwell can’t be moved then personally I’d rather see the city evacuated and the Sunwell detonated, taking the Alliance army with it.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2019-01-21 at 07:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    i don't think silvermoon has defence tactic against space-ship
    Not at current - but with the Magisters and the Nightborne Arcanists combining talents it could probably be weapon-ready very swiftly. I would be very concerned about Occuleth's inventiveness with Warp and Portal technology along those lines (like his warp-delivery of Withered back during the Nightfallen Insurrection).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure it could be done, especially with the help of the Sunwell.... Moving the Sunwell itself might be a bit more tricky, moving the power source with itself might be difficult... That is assuming they can't just load all the liquid that comprises the Sunwell into containers and physically move it through a portal or something, which I'd think they should be able to do because similar things have been done before.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-01-21 at 07:53 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

dalaran is much smaller city, as i assume, moving silvermoon may take sometime which may alert the alliance.
    It depends, half of silvermoon city is unused and uneeded since the population is a fraction of what it once was.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    It depends, half of silvermoon city is unused and uneeded since the population is a fraction of what it once was.
    shouldn't we have passed this moment, i think the blood elf population has risen since WC3,
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

dalaran is much smaller city, as i assume, moving silvermoon may take sometime which may alert the alliance.
    They could...relocate a portion of Silvermoon - remember, Dalaran use to be part of Hillsbrad Foothills and currently there is remnants of Dalaran in Hillsbrad - the bubble, the buildings and NPCs which are hostile, so I could see Silvermoon getting a crater and horde/alliance mages getting 'Ancient Silvermoon City' teleport.

10+ Year Old Account
    shouldn't we have passed this moment, i think the blood elf population has risen since WC3,
    Increased, yes, but by how much? Enough to significantly offset their losses fending off the scourge trying to push into their lands from the plaguelands and in various wars and conflicts over the years? Worth noting that Elves tend to reproduce very slowly in most fantasy IPs, not sure about here though.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

We're less than a full generation removed from the Third War. If every blood elven adult survivor from Arthas' purge immediately stopped and went to procreating those children still wouldn't be fully grown yet. Even then except in the case of multiple births per pregnancy that would only raise the population from like 5% of what it was pre-Arthas to 7.5% or so.

Arthas wiped out 90% of the high elves. 10% of those survivors chose to remain high elves so 9%. Then a large number went with Kael and were killed in Outland either against Magtheridon or later when Kael sided with the Legion. Some of those Sunfuries returned pre-Cata. Then we have all the conflicts they've had in WoW. Reclaiming Eversong, the expedition into Outland, the war in Northrend Sylvanas strongarmed Lor'themar into supporting, their casualties in Pandaria and against the Thunder King, against the Legion.

Also as a previous poster stated elves are notoriously slow reproducers in most lore, even in WoW. Take Fandral Staghelm, for instance. He only had one child in 7,000 years of life who only had one child of his own. Malfurion and Illidan are, to my knowledge, the only known case of twins in lore among their people.
    Last edited by cparle87; 2019-01-21 at 08:04 PM.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Even if it were doubled, the Eastern portion of the city, Which serves as the current horde capital would likely be very accommodating for generations to come. The scourge almost wiped them out, thus they took the name blood elves. This means the part of the city they would move would be about the same as Dalaran give or take.

They would have to leave the Sunwell behind, so that doesn't like an option to me, but they I guess they could find a way if they had the time to figure out how to do it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Increased, yes, but by how much? Enough to significantly offset their losses fending off the scourge trying to push into their lands from the plaguelands and in various wars and conflicts over the years? Worth noting that Elves tend to reproduce very slowly in most fantasy IPs, not sure about here though.
    Blizzard doesn't publish the numbers of army's or population for any race, which is kinda ******.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    We're less than a full generation removed from the Third War. If every blood elven adult survivor from Arthas' purge immediately stopped and went to procreating those children still wouldn't be fully grown yet. Even then except in the case of multiple births per pregnancy that would only raise the population from like 5% of what it was pre-Arthas to 7.5% or so.

Arthas wiped out 90% of the high elves. 10% of those survivors chose to remain high elves so 9%. Then a large number went with Kael and were killed in Outland either against Magtheridon or later when Kael sided with the Legion. Some of those Sunfuries returned pre-Cata. Then we have all the conflicts they've had in WoW. Reclaiming Eversong, the expedition into Outland, the war in Northrend Sylvanas strongarmed Lor'themar into supporting, their casualties in Pandaria and against the Thunder King, against the Legion.

Also as a previous poster stated elves are notoriously slow reproducers in most lore, even in WoW. Take Fandral Staghelm, for instance. He only had one child in 7,000 years of life who only had one child of his own. Malfurion and Illidan are, to my knowledge, the only known case of twins in lore among their people.
    isn't 3rd war 50 years ago ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Even if it were doubled, the Eastern portion of the city, Which serves as the current horde capital would likely be very accommodating for generations to come. The scourge almost wiped them out, thus they took the name blood elves. This means the part of the city they would move would be about the same as Dalaran give or take.
    i also assume that Silvermoon has larger infrastructure, and also assume that all the magical over-powered item that the Horde has are there, which would be massive vault like building, like in SW or IF.
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Blizzard doesn't publish the numbers of army's or population for any race, which is kinda ******.

- - - Updated - - -

isn't 3rd war 50 years ago ?

- - - Updated - - -

i also assume that Silvermoon has larger infrastructure, and also assume that all the magical over-powered item that the Horde has are there, which would be massive vault like building, like in SW or IF.
    I don't know the exact date but it's not more than 15 years ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    I don't know the exact date but it's not more than 15 years ago.
    we are assuming that every year we played the game, is an actual year in the game ?

we are assuming that every year we played the game, is an actual year in the game ?
    No, I remember reading somewhere that Jaina was 23 during the Third War and now she's in her mid 30s.

10+ Year Old Account
    the horde at the moment has vast magical power, the sunwell, moonwell, and possibly Hyjal if the war move there, can the blood elf move Silvermoon city to Kalimdor using the sunwell to avoid the alliance ?
    I'm sure it's possible given that blood elves are far superior in magical affinity and use. If humans can move dalaran about I'm sure the bes can move silvermoon. Not sure if sunwell being what it is, is movable.

Though given that they probably have bandinoriel up due to the sunwell they might not need to move it at all.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Not at current - but with the Magisters and the Nightborne Arcanists combining talents it could probably be weapon-ready very swiftly. I would be very concerned about Occuleth's inventiveness with Warp and Portal technology along those lines (like his warp-delivery of Withered back during the Nightfallen Insurrection).
    Occuleth is the one I'd bet on to come up with the idea of opening a portal from the bottom of the great sea without using any safety measures to flood <insert target here>.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Just create a new avatar for the sunwell, store the power in there, destroy the runestones so the plague from the south spreads north, rendering the territory pretty much worthless and then float the city to kalimdor.

they can't because of the sunwell. if they leave the sunwell, it would be in danger.

i don't think alleria is stupid enough to damage the sunwell on purpose, there's still plenty of high elves out there that rely on it, and she wouldn't want to damage them just to get at her enemies.

i think the best bet is raising ban'dinoriel again, it's not been raised already. have a new mechanism that only a limited number of magisters know for raising and lowering it, to avoid traitors.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think moving another city would take away the one thing Dalaran has that's actually unique, so no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    I think moving another city would take away the one thing Dalaran has that's actually unique, so no thanks.
    It isn't unique, the blood elves had floating academies etc since their introduction. Dalaran just did it on a "larger" scale