Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I agree that it does take a fair bit of intelligence to do that, however Trump did neither. He inherited at least half a billion from his father, and there is no evidence he ever had more money then that. With the amount of debt he has stacked up, people have been speculating for decades that his wealth isn't even a positive number. Trump claims to be a billionaire, but there has never been the least bit of corroboration for that.

He is also in no way the leader of the free world. Trump has done nothing to lead, and has crippled our reputation and standing with ever western democracy in existence. He seems to get along much better with the totalitarian leaders he interacts with, but it is a one way relationship where they just take advantage of him.

The fact that you think he is either speaks to a self-perpetrated delusion.
    Trump is what I like to call balance sheet rich...that is he has heavy assets in non-liquid or non-tangible assets like Land/Property and more important Goodwill. Considering Trump is basically a brand (he license most of his "name" out like a Burger King Franchise and actually has no operational stake in them) on top of his fluctuating "how much he's worth" I promise you there is a significant amount of his "money" is in Goodwill. For those who don't understand what the accounting term for Goodwill is it is when a company acquires another at a higher cost than what its actually worth to account for its branding, patents and customer base. In the US though this basically comes down to branding/patent protection and how much these "assets" have to the company, that if lost, would hurt its value. This would also help explain why his "wealth" can fluctuate because Plant/Property/Land and non-tangibles as Goodwill are appraisal based and with the value of it being interpreted by a human you can easily inflate what is worth if you manage to slip a few dollars while nobody is looking.

I would love to see Trump's tax returns only to see that he has a very low cash flow compared to what he claims to be. If I had to guess based on the way he acts, how "franchising" fees work and all non other sources of income I have no doubt he is worth less than 200 million in liquid assets. Still a fair amount to be truthful but compared to what Fred Trump was worth and all the "loans" Trump was given he would have been better off just throwing them into a CD when interest rates were closing in to 20% (I think it got up to 18%? I should look it up but meh).

He was elected because of an old, outdated system which lost it's original purpose years ago.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    This guy gets it.

- - - Updated - - -

MN gave the votes to Hillary, and There was no Russian persuasion to how I cast my vote. You are mistaken.
    Did you believe any of the negative stories about Hillary? Then yeah, you were manipulated. lul
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Did you believe any of the negative stories about Hillary? Then yeah, you were manipulated. lul
    I didn't care about her, never looked at the negative mud slinging. I look at Policy she ran on literally nothing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I didn't care about her, never looked at the negative mud slinging. I look at Policy she ran on literally nothing.
    Seems you weren't paying attention then. She had very clear policy positions that she laid out pretty much everywhere. The only people who didn't know what they were were those who were deliberately ignoring it so they could claim she had none.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Nice first post.

- to build a wall and restrict immigration
    - to help the worker class, which won't happen any time soon
    - as a counter-reaction to identity politics on the left

PS: triggering the fake libs as a bonus is cool as well.
    Would you mind reminding me your political leaning again? Sometimes I feel like we share ideas, but others...

First you had people who bought into his 'promises', then you have people who'd vote for anything that wasn't a democrat, then those that would vote for anyone that wasn't Hillary. Now that wasn't enough to win a popular vote, but that's not how America works, they have the electoral college, a weird system where people can win without claiming the majority of votes. Might want to do something about that system, as it's weird, and I don't like weird.
    Last edited by Felnoire; 2019-01-21 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Wrong party.
    Lying to the american people about the revival of dead towns shows nothing but contempt about them, that they cant handle harsh truths. That and the use of racism, via mexicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Felnoire View Post
    Now that wasn't enough to win a popular vote, but that's not how America works, they have the electoral college, a weird system where people can win without claiming the majority of votes. Might want to do something about that system, as it's weird, and I don't like weird.
    We can't as it'd require a constitutional amendment which would require the states to vote on it. The little states with disproportionate power aren't going to give it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    o
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    We can't as it'd require a constitutional amendment which would require the states to vote on it. The little states with disproportionate power aren't going to give it up.
    While the smaller states would likely not vote for an amendment to abolish the electoral college, it can be bypassed. According to the Constitution, the states can decide how to allocate their electoral votes. Currently it is by statewide - in a few cases, district-wide - popular vote. But it doesn't have to be.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nati...rstate_Compact

The National Popular Vote Interstate Compact (NPVIC) is an agreement among a group of U.S. states and the District of Columbia to award all their electoral votes to whichever presidential candidate wins the overall popular vote in the 50 states and the District of Columbia. The compact is designed to ensure that the candidate who wins the most popular votes is elected president, and it would come into effect only when it would guarantee that outcome.[2][3] As of January 2019, it has been adopted by eleven states and the District of Columbia. Together, they have 172 electoral votes, which is 32.0% of the Electoral College and 63.7% of the votes needed to give the compact legal force.
    Impeach the MF.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because of:
    Muh Russia
    Muh emails
    Muh Hillary
    Muh racism
    Muh maga
    Muh electoral college
    Muh illegal immagrants
    Muh wall

Have I forgotten anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    Because of:
    Muh Russia
    Muh emails
    Muh Hillary
    Muh racism
    Muh maga
    Muh electoral college
    Muh illegal immagrants
    Muh wall

Have I forgotten anything?
    Muh strawmans! - because your repeating all that amounts to you being a massive hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Why is that a good thing?
    Because you wouldn't want to be ruled by a mob/herd mentality of voters???

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    Because you wouldn't want to be ruled by a mob/herd mentality of voters???
    The best panacea for demagoguery is having a diverse electorate. Anti-democratic measures are used to homogenize the electorate, which makes them more susceptible to this.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    Muh strawmans! - because your repeating all that amounts to you being a massive hypocrite.
    Shit you’re right I totally forgot about strawmen and strawwomen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    Shit you’re right I totally forgot about strawmen and strawwomen.
    And the strawchildren!
    Think of the strawchildren!
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Trump was elected because the USA was tired if a bunch of pussies being in charge. It was time to kick the liberal assholes to the curb. Just as this site is this filled with pathetic, mentally disturbed assholes like Skroe, Breccia, POS POS POS, Orbitus, and Cubby (bunch of ADHD degenerates), so was the presidency filled with a pathetic jig and his soon to be lesbian replacement.

The USA said fuck you to the faggot liberals, the most disgusting and reprehensible people on the planet....especially the total fucking losers that cry on this site ever day. Do the world a favor, put a gun in you mouth and save the world from your uslessness.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You don’t get rich if you start rich... that’s called staying rich. You know... that thing that defines oligarchs. /facepalm

- - - Updated - - -

You didn’t answer my question. Just starting to pull the transformation from wall to fence to what ever the fuck suits your argument at the moment. How is Obama both, building walls and pushing open borders? Explain that to me...

simple fact obama voted in favor of more borderwalls/fence then build a ton of it and now is one of the people complaining about it

trump is asking for steel structures in places without natural barriers or already existing fence
    that isnt exactly a wall either but people keep saying it is.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Because the US is a terrible democracy where the majority voted for his opponent.
    U.S. is not a democracy, it's a democratic republic. Deal with it.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quite a few reasons he was elected. The broken electoral system that has been gerrymandered to the hilt, public dislike/distrust of Hillary Clinton, and a poorly run campaign by Clinton that played it too safe thinking she had the win in the bag and focused too much on the wrong states. And there are people who thought Trump would be better for them financially personally with the economy and jobs.

The power of $ on voters can't be understated, or even certain polarizing topics. I know hispanics who aren't wealthy at all that voted for Trump for money reasons despite everything. I also know people who are LGBT that voted for Trump just over conservatives being stronger on gun rights, even though he has the most anti-LGBT VP in history and has attacked them since day 1 in office. Same with abortion, there are millions of people that would *never* vote Democrat just on that issue no matter who is running. So as surprising as it was, I guess in hindsight it shouldn't have been.