Thread: I miss Pandaria

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    MoP was good but the lack of other asian cultures was really a bad move, also every plot point was around pandas only because of the chinese market and the faction war ending was really lackluster
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

To this day Mists of Pandaria is still one of my top 3 favorite expansions of any game and will remain like that for a long time. Everything about it has always stayed with me. Every zone is simply beautiful and how they handle the story in the zones was perfect. I enjoyed Garrosh as the main villain and each raid was a blast to go through, except maybe the first one. That wasn't as great. Aside from that, I will always remember how much I enjoyed Pandaria and will always visit.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    Well, so I took "memory lane" through vanilla>tbc>wotlk to briefly remind myself "old days". And it made me appreciate even more MoP(and to extend WoD) class design. Not saying it was perfect or anything, but comparing it to what came after ie Legion and even even more so BfA... woow, its on whole different level.
    No clunkyness of vanilla/tbc/wotlk but also not blunt and hollow design of Legion/BfA.
    MoP class design should have been taken as a standard and then polished and refined. What happened in BfA to a class design is a scandal.
    You do realize that Pandaria is not gone..and is still very much part of the game. You can go there, do raids..dungeons..frollock in the zones in MoP right. hehe
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

I’ll occasionaly play a MoP private server from time to time.

It still has professions that meant something (skinning gave crit etc etc)
    Classes were by far the best
    Dailies weren’t all that bad
    Flying at max level
    The reps were interesting. I grinded them all to exalted because it wasn’t mandatory
    The raids were beautifully made
    PvP was awesome

Do people make threads like this really meaning what they say or just to keep away millions of potential players who want to come back?

It had the smallest, most boring raids with the least inspired bosses.
    It had the most ridiculous themed dungeons that could belong in a children's cartton.
    It had the most obnoxious know it all characters who were so naive it was cringeworthy to experience.
    The music was so repetitive I turned off music in WoW for the first time since I started playing, it was just that painful and bland to listen to. That one theme that got repeated every. single. fucking. time. anything. of. note. happened.
    It turned pandaren from the mystical creatures they were introduced as in WC3 into fat, dumb, useless pieces of copy paste china folklore/kung-fu shit.
    China. China fucking everywhere. Every. Single. Zone. From the Great Wall to the last grain of rice.

I can't remember a single fucking thing of importance that happened in that expansion, because NOTHING of importance happened. They couldn't even kill Garrosh for christ's sake. Instead we battleed our emooooooootioooooons and "DA THUNDA KING OOOH THUNDA SPOOKY".

Fucking pandaria and its "overwhelming majority of players wanting it". No stats to support it to this day whatsoever. None.

I miss Pandaria a lot. Would like some elements of it back.

Raids were awesome except maybe Heart of Fear. Throne of Thunder is easily my most favourite raid of all time.

Class design was decent still and not watered down.

Pandaren were awesome rolling all over the place as a Monk and Dragon Turtle mounts were quite cool.

Pandaria itself has some pretty beautiful scenery. Especially Kun Lai and Valley of the Four Winds.

The lore itself wasn't so bad. Had it's weak moments but overall was somewhat decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Do people make threads like this really meaning what they say or just to keep away millions of potential players who want to come back?

It had the most ridiculous themed dungeons that could belong in a children's cartton.
    It had the most obnoxious know it all characters who were so naive it was cringeworthy to experience.
    The music was so repetitive I turned off music in WoW for the first time since I started playing, it was just that painful and bland to listen to. That one theme that got repeated every. single. fucking. time. anything. of. note. happened.
    It turned pandaren from the mystical creatures they were introduced as in WC3 into fat, dumb, useless pieces of copy paste china folklore/kung-fu shit.
    China. China fucking everywhere. Every. Single. Zone. From the Great Wall to the last grain of rice.

I can't remember a single fucking thing of importance that happened in that expansion, because NOTHING of importance happened. They couldn't even kill Garrosh for christ's sake. Instead we battleed our emooooooootioooooons and "DA THUNDA KING OOOH THUNDA SPOOKY".

Fucking pandaria and its "overwhelming majority of players wanting it". No stats to support it to this day whatsoever. None.
    I wish you could have experienced it the way we did, what a shame. Not saying your opinion is wrong but I feel like if you saw it the way a lot of other people did you would enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post

Imagine being as retarded as this guy, holy shit.

Infracted {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-01-22 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dravec View Post
    Imagine being as retarded as this guy, holy shit.
    What a horrible thing to say to someone just because you disagree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    I think people make these threads because they genuinely enjoyed the game at some point and want to discuss it for a while.
    It doesn't have to mean more than that.

I miss Pandaria a lot too. It's one of my absolute favourite expacs and I hadf great time while playing it.
    You can still go there, do the raids and go into the dungeons. Fly the clear skies around Pandaria. What's stopping you from going there again?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    You can still go there, do the raids and go into the dungeons. Fly the clear skies around Pandaria. What's stopping you from going there again?
    I think he means he misses Retail MoP, back when it was current content. That's not something you can bring back.

MoP had the perfect system for loot, but Blizzard had to go in the direction of infinite rolls to play off the whole carrot-on-a-stick mantra to the extreme come Legion onwards, that is to say uncapped Titanforging, to which I loathe...

I don't, Pandaria would have been fine for a content patch but good grief did the the Asian theme get old quick. The Mogu and Klaxxi were cool but they were devoid of any personality and the old architecture and dialogue for 2 years was murder. A side vacation story featuring Old God diarrhea and light heart Panda comic relief turned into Garrosh eating a heart just so we could put him down. Blizzard killing Garrosh and Varian for no good reason have been the biggest mistakes they've ever made lore-wise because Varian and Garrosh were their best characters developed in WoW to not come from the old RTS games.

I liked MoP's content roll out schedule, but nothing else.

It's because they killed Garrosh we're stuck with the shit fest that is Sylvanas' story, and because they killed Varian we're stuck with a shit racial leader like Anduin.

I don't miss the lore, or the shitty food farming mechanics. I don't particularly miss the raids and dungeons, either.

But the class gameplay was a lot better than it is today. The content might not have been top notch, but playing it was fun because playing your class was fun. Right now it is not.

Keep in mind MoP also gave us the stupid talent system we have today and introduced thunderforging

BC > MoP

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Keep in mind MoP also gave us the stupid talent system we have today and introduced thunderforging

BC > MoP
    Thunderforging and initial Warforging were fine though. It was only a 6 item level increase to the item so it felt like a bonus.

Titanforging is just idiotic. An LFR piece should not be able to proc upto a Mythic raid piece.

I unsubbed in early cata and was gone for all of MoP. I just look at MoP and I'm like "what on earth are they doing? this is terrible!"
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I unsubbed in early cata and was gone for all of MoP. I just look at MoP and I'm like "what on earth are they doing? this is terrible!"
    Since then have you ever gone through the content at least? Like leveled through the zones and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Thunderforging and initial Warforging were fine though. It was only a 6 item level increase to the item so it felt like a bonus.

Titanforging is just idiotic. An LFR piece should not be able to proc upto a Mythic raid piece.
    Yeah, so much for this TF will cap at 15ilvls.....

The only thing I dislike BC for is introducing was Sunwell catchup gear, although I loved the isle of quel'danas daily hub

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Since then have you ever gone through the content at least? Like leveled through the zones and such.
    Some sure.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.