Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    This is so creepy.

Fake intimacy is so unappealing.

Here is what I do not understand. If they have the freedom to sit in their bedrooms and do nothing, why do they not have the freedom to work less than their society asks, go to the gym, take up a hobbie and be a person that a woman would want to spend time with for free?

I found some sexy asians on google so clearly it is possible:

they are most likely Korean and belong to a talent agency that denies them from having any type of relationship with a woman whatsoever. T.T

- - - Updated - - -

So the men and women just don't want each other?

Sad.
    that's not entirely true. There are many vegetable men that find real relationships bothersome and prefer to fall in love with game characters. Many women also find relationships bothersome and just want to make money and enjoy their lives instead. There are many men and women that are trying to find love or the right partner. The cost of having kids is far from cheap in Japan, let alone competing for daycares *many parents to be put their names on waiting lists for daycare centers well before having kids* The birthrate is lower than the deathrate and gets lower as years go back.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

This is so creepy.

Here is what I do not understand. If they have the freedom to sit in their bedrooms and do nothing, why do they not have the freedom to work less than their society asks, go to the gym, take up a hobbie and be a person that a woman would want to spend time with for free?

Financial and by extension social standing are a very large part of being considered a good catch in Japan. It's like that to a certain extent everywhere, but it's particularly emphasized there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Isn't 'sister' and 'brother' in asian cultures a nickname for boyfriend or girlfriend?

It kinda just seems like they're prostitutes who'll hold your hand???
    seems simular to the wedding date movie

Maybe some of them do but we wouldn't know about those people. What you're describing is what a relatively healthy mind might end up doing and the people who can't/won't leave their room at all usually have some accompanying mental problem like depression or anxiety. In that state of mind, it's not something you would think or be capable of doing. Like, if you're bullied at school to the extent that you want to quit school and not have any social interaction at all, you wouldn't think "Why don't I get buffed and get a girlfriend?" as an alternative.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is so creepy.

Plot twist: those are CGI asians

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Man, at least racists in the US are ashamed enough to try to hide it behind doublespeak. Makes me appreciate how much progress we've made, in spite of how far we have to go.
    Though that seems to be changing faster over the last 2 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Plot twist: those are CGI asians
    This is probably closer to the truth pre photoshop

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    Though that seems to be changing faster over the last 2 years.

- - - Updated - - -

This is probably closer to the truth pre photoshop

What an absolute hunk! /drool