Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    The empire did vanish, yes. But tribes that lived in these lands *were* still living there. They haven’t disappeared for these 4000 years.
    Although that is also questionable, Amani Empire is still mentioned as functional during the troll wars, wo we cannot be sure that it vanished until recent years.
    Then I suppose that that is a business between the Blood Elves and the Amani. In fact, the Horde is the one that marched on Zul'jin during The Burning Crusade, not the Alliance.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    TBF, Rastakhan's death is a major 'plus' for the Horde, as now Talanji, his daughter, is sitting on the throne, and she is a major Horde supporter, while her dad was... kinda dubious on his support to the Horde when he was alive.

Also: the Alliance does lose someone: Gelbin Mekkatorque. "Ah, but he's just frozen, he can be thawed!" To which I reply: yeah, just like Rastakhan could be resurrected. So, neither side lost someone, by that logic.
    apperently the junkergnomes from mechagod know of a way to fix mekkatorque

Quote Originally Posted by Alleria Windrunner View Post
    Then I suppose that that is a business between the Blood Elves and the Amani. In fact, the Horde is the one that marched on Zul'jin during The Burning Crusade, not the Alliance.
    Yes, next to their new allies. And then again during Cata. What does that has to do with the Black Empire..?

Yes, next to their new allies. And then again during Cata. What does that has to do with the Black Empire..?
    I mentioned the Black Empire because someone said that the Alliance was "illegally" occupying Troll land.

Which doesn't make sense anyway. It's been 4000 years since the ending of the Troll Wars and most Trolls who fought in that war are dead, if not everyone. It would be as if the Italians laid claim to England just because the Romans conquered it in the past. Claims don't last forever, it's just silly to think that they do.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

In the case of mekkatorque, he will be resurected as a full blown mechagnome, but we need some gizmos for that, but then, magically the gnomish vault in boralus open with a boss and something somethig allied gnome race alliance and vulperas horde.

Remember : I called this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I mentioned the Black Empire because someone said that the Alliance was "illegally" occupying Troll land.

Which doesn't make sense anyway. It's been 4000 years since the ending of the Troll Wars and most Trolls who fought in that war are dead, if not everyone. It would be as if the Italians laid claim to England just because the Romans conquered it in the past. Claims don't last forever, it's just silly to think that they do.
    There are no people in England that still remember Rome though. That is a curious point, considering that there should even be night elves that remember their wars with the Empire of Zul. Basically the difference is, if you are from England and visit Italy, you won’t come face to face with a person that once helped conquering your homeland from your ancestors.
    As for the other, not so long living, Alliance races, they took troll lands relatively recently. Dwarves slaughtered ice trolls that lived on the surface of Ironforge. Stormwind humans simply ignored all borners and went to settle in the lands of Gurubashi and so on.

There are no people in England that still remember Rome though. That is a curious point, considering that there should even be night elves that remember their wars with the Empire of Zul. Basically the difference is, if you are from England and visit Italy, you won’t come face to face with a person that once helped conquering your homeland from your ancestors.
    As for the other, not so long living, Alliance races, they took troll lands relatively recently. Dwarves slaughtered ice trolls that lived on the surface of Ironforge. Stormwind humans simply ignored all borners and went to settle in the lands of Gurubashi and so on.
    And kobolds. And Gnolls. And more trolls. And Ettins. And the Drust. They pretty much killed everything in sight of when they started building their kingdoms everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    apperently the junkergnomes from mechagod know of a way to fix mekkatorque
    I guess we'll have to wait and see. I haven't seen anything even remotely like that in any of what I've read in the datamines. Got a quote?

5+ Year Old Account
    I guess we'll have to wait and see. I haven't seen anything even remotely like that in any of what I've read in the datamines. Got a quote?
    i haven't see a quote but is kinda obvious that the gnomes of kultiras would help mekka boi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by etheldald View Post
    i haven't see a quote but is kinda obvious that the gnomes of kultiras would help mekka boi.
    I'm imagining Mekkatorque's fate is probably going to be involved with the new Mechagon zone and its associated content.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-01-22 at 03:34 PM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Well, that doesn't necessarily mean the mechagnomes would be able to rescue Mekkatorque. I mean, with that logic, the Horde has a bajillion ways to bring Rastakhan back to life, including having a direct line with the loa of death himself.

5+ Year Old Account
    Well, that doesn't necessarily mean the mechagnomes would be able to rescue Mekkatorque. I mean, with that logic, the Horde has a bajillion ways to bring Rastakhan back to life, including having a direct line with the loa of death himself.
    Of course, but is heavily implied during alliance questing that these gnomes are going to be relevant sooner or later.
    besides, i doubt that blizzard will kill the only actual relevant gnome.

Of course, but is heavily implied during alliance questing that these gnomes are going to be relevant sooner or later.
    besides, i doubt that blizzard will kill the only actual relevant gnome.
    Blizzard "killed" the only relevant tauren at the time. Blizzard also "killed" the only relevant troll at the time (and then brought him "sorta back" later as a ghost). Being "the only relevant X" is not exactly a shield against dying.

If they didn't have something in mind for Mekkatorque they would have just straight up killed him. They're clearly setting something up with this approach. And the crazy gnomes replacing parts of their bodies with machinery feel like a natural fit honestly.

Just speculation of course, we won't know until at least 8.2, but it seems like a very sound theory.

The chance of Mekkatorque dying is absolutely nill. He's been foreshadowed to either become or be fixed by mechagnomes with all the subtlety of a bulldozer. Note that both the tauren and gnome leader are put out of commission at the time where there are heritage armor scenarios where they can be explored. Mind, I use that term very loosely for Baine.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Was this before or after the Alliance was allowed to raid a Horde City and kill a bunch of it's members... The answer is... both!
    The only Horde city the Alliance raided was the Undercity which Sylvanas wanted to happen and even set a trap for them. And in the end the Horde got to destroy that city as well. And lets not forget that this is in response to Sylvanas trying to nearly eradicate the night elves.

Org was helping the majority of the Horde (Blizzard said almost all the non dragonmaw orcs sided with Vol'jin) reclaim their former city from a racist dictator after 99% of the Horde was kicked out. And after the battle they just gave everything back to the Horde with no concessions.

Then there is Zuldazar which isn't a Horde city until after it gets attacked. Not to mention the fact that the Zandalari had already been attacking the Horde and Alliance for years so its not like the Alliance wouldn't have been justified even if the Horde hadn't started working with them.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    The only Horde city the Alliance raided was the Undercity which Sylvanas wanted to happen and even set a trap for them. And in the end the Horde got to destroy that city as well. And lets not forget that this is in response to Sylvanas trying to nearly eradicate the night elves.

Org was helping the majority of the Horde (Blizzard said almost all the non dragonmaw orcs sided with Vol'jin) reclaim their former city from a racist dictator after 99% of the Horde was kicked out. And after the battle they just gave everything back to the Horde with no concessions.

Then there is Zuldazar which isn't a Horde city until after it gets attacked. Not to mention the fact that the Zandalari had already been attacking the Horde and Alliance for years so its not like the Alliance wouldn't have been justified even if the Horde hadn't started working with them.
    Orgrimmar, zuldazar and twice Undercity. And btw. Zandalari arr trying to reclaim stolen lands so they are totally justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Orgrimmar, zuldazar and twice Undercity. And btw. Zandalari arr trying to reclaim stolen lands so they are totally justified.
    Since you apparently didn't read what i wrote the second Undercity attack is the only time the Alliance attacked a Horde city. And that was the leader of the Hordes plan all along. All the other times the Alliance was attacking former Horde cities or cities that will become Horde cities in the future.

Unless you are talking about reclaiming the entire planet then no the Zandalari were not just trying to reclaim stolen lands. Sure they may have been follow Zul because of his powers to supposedly see the future. It doesn't change the fact they still attacked people without provocation. Especially when we had helped them in previous expansions.

Don't forget that the Horde have already attacked several Kul'Tiran cities this expansion already including Boralus the capital city.

And if you really want to consider helping someone reclaim their city as attacking it then you gotta add the Exxodar to the list of Alliance cities the Horde attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Since you apparently didn't read what i wrote the second Undercity attack is the only time the Alliance attacked a Horde city. And that was the leader of the Hordes plan all along. All the other times the Alliance was attacking former Horde cities or cities that will become Horde cities in the future.

Unless you are talking about reclaiming the entire planet then no the Zandalari were not just trying to reclaim stolen lands. Sure they may have been follow Zul because of his powers to supposedly see the future. It doesn't change the fact they still attacked people without provocation. Especially when we had helped them in previous expansions.

Don't forget that the Horde have already attacked several Kul'Tiran cities this expansion already including Boralus the capital city.

And if you really want to consider helping someone reclaim their city as attacking it then you gotta add the Exxodar to the list of Alliance cities the Horde attacked.
    Literally all of the eastern kingdoms was troll lands before dwarfs and humans stole it. That's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Literally all of the eastern kingdoms was troll lands before dwarfs and humans stole it. That's a fact.
    Thousands of years ago maybe. Also if it was ever Zandalari lands it was stolen by other troll tribes first.