Poll: Minimum Neck Level

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    My guild is 38 this week, or at least be 38 on the 29th

Quote Originally Posted by majinbebi View Post
    Just curious what people would expect a "minimum neck level" to be for someone in a run of the mill 3 day/9 hour per week raiding guild should do that gets cutting edge but takes their time in doing so (ex. M Ghuun in Late December/Jan) for this coming reset (normal/heroic week).
    Meh, I keep thinking people overestimate the need to grind AP. My guild is similar to yours, we got Cutting Edge at the end of the tier.

I expect to be wearing mostly Heroic gear for two or three weeks, so getting to 38+ right now doesn't do anything for me. Personal Loot makes it pretty unlikely to get a lot of mythic Azerite fast since no one will be able to trade right away. Right now 36 seems enough if you're expecting to take all the tier to get cutting edge. I'd say 38 should be a requirement by the time you can buy mythic Azerite using Residuum.

It also depends heavily on how your guild manages its roster. To enforce a minimum AP level you typically have to kick from your guild anyone who doesn't meet the requirement. Is it really worth kicking people for not grinding? Do you think grinding less makes them bad players?

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    It also depends heavily on how your guild manages its roster. To enforce a minimum AP level you typically have to kick from your guild anyone who doesn't meet the requirement. Is it really worth kicking people for not grinding? Do you think grinding less makes them bad players?
    It depends on the guild philosophy but i would rather not lose time with people that can't "grind" till level X. My guild asked for 38 the day Mythic opens, i was 32 back then (about 2 months ago); doing 4 WQs/day + 4 expeditions weekly + some extra WQs when i wanted to (mostly 1 day/week because i had some spare time) got me to 38 3 days ago; and that all after weeks of only logging for raid.
    If you have someone in your raid team that doesn't want to do 4 WQ day (max 30 min?) why should i bother having them? They will probably get bored of the raid too and drop mid-tier.
    That said, my guild is aiming for top 100 (we are currently 64W), so guilds that aren't aiming to push for more, should be relaxed about what they ask for - having 35/36 this week should be enough for any guild 200-1XXX world).
    Last edited by Baleful; 2019-01-22 at 04:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No requirement but average of the guild seems to be 36~, personally at 40
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Everyone who plays the game at least somewhat has at least 33 now. Tryhard grinders have 38+, regular people 35-37.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Everyone who plays the game at least somewhat has at least 33 now. Tryhard grinders have 38+, regular people 35-37.
    38 is pretty normal at this stage, if you have been playing since the start of BFA I don't know how you would be under 38.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    ..Not garbage world quests? I value my time a bit more than that.
    Dont really do WQs outside of Emissaries.

I 90% arena.

I'm somewhere 28ish cuz fuck ap grind deja vu version coming from legion's idea. Please tell me why we must be grinding ap out again... oh cuz azerite ringie thingie? Lol Fuck off

High enough to unlock all the dps traits

I haven't done literally anything besides show up for raid for 2 months and before that I sometimes rarely did stuff. This week I tried to grind to catch up and I made it to 34. Was a pretty tough grind for me. Had to do the fucking island cap and do Azerite world quests and emissaries.... Jesus Christ... I can't believe some people actually do that shit every day or every week.

Honestly it's healthier for the guild to just let people show up for raid and be weaker than have people quit. People don't want to be forced to do islands and world quests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    TBH I have guildies that can't even do the bare minimum (emissary, islands and a +10) and to me that is sad.
    lol I haven done emissaries for 2 months. Our guild leader Is sitting at 30 AP and assistant GL is at 33. We still managed to getting cutting edge. A lot of people in our guild only want to raid and the rest of the game is garbage.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-01-25 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Filfa View Post
    38 is pretty normal at this stage, if you have been playing since the start of BFA I don't know how you would be under 38.
    by not doing boring stuff, so just raidlogging.

people expecting shit like 38 is why raiding is just bleeding players tier on tier

I think we can all agree that having to do "daily chores" isn't the most fun and engaging of activities.

That said, spending an hour per day doing WQs is VERY simple. Capping IEs takes what, 25-35 mins once per week? Sending AP missions out while you're in the bathroom?

To me, personally, it isn't difficult. I'm nearly 41.5 on my main and 39.5 on my alt. Will a couple players being 38 make a huge difference? No, but 100% of your roster being 38 certainly will.

This is of course subjective. For me, the input is worth the output. For someone who wants to raid log and play other games - it simply isn't.

There are guilds for everyone. Find one that works for you.
    <Multipass>

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    ..Not garbage world quests? I value my time a bit more than that.
    I don't do all the AP WQ everyday but I always do my emissaries and from my POV I see it as "If I do these, it will help my guild kill a boss" instead of "yo these are boring AF, F blizzard"

Quote Originally Posted by Quotey View Post
    by not doing boring stuff, so just raidlogging.

people expecting shit like 38 is why raiding is just bleeding players tier on tier
    No, people being slackers and hindering raid progress making it a shit show is why raiding is bleeding players tier after tier. If someone can't be bothered to log on and do emissaries and islands they probably also can't be bothered to go over guild spread sheets and properly set up their WAs before the raid.

If you want to raid at a high level, put in the effort to do so. If you don't then please bleed yourself away from the game so your guild can make room for someone who does and probably be healthier because of it.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-01-25 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    No, people being slackers and hindering raid progress making it a shit show is why raiding is bleeding players tier after tier. If someone can't be bothered to log on and do emissaries and islands they probably also can't be bothered to go over guild spread sheets and properly set up their WAs before the raid.

If you want to raid at a high level, put in the effort to do so. If you don't then please bleed yourself away from the game so your guild can make room for someone who does and probably be healthier because of it.
    guilds that aren't high level expect people to play hours and hours outside of raids, after the tier is cleared to prepare for the next raid. it's not fun. people don't do shit that's not fun. do you seriously think that people are pumped to grind artifact power? or legendaries in legion? it's boring busywork. i don't think i've ever seen someone quit because their raid isnt willing to grind, but i've seen plenty of people quit because there's too much grind. frankly what you said is absurd- people would self sort into guilds that match their view rather than quitting in your scenario.

also lol at comparing the one time investment of weakauras to playing an hour a day after clearing content to get some nebulous future bonus
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

7+ Year Old Account
    Just curious what people would expect a "minimum neck level" to be for someone in a run of the mill 3 day/9 hour per week raiding guild should do that gets cutting edge but takes their time in doing so (ex. M Ghuun in Late December/Jan) for this coming reset (normal/heroic week).
    well im 40 right now and didnt do any real "dedicated farming"
    so...
    if you wanna be mythic raiding cutting edge going... yeah you should be atleast 39.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Quotey View Post
    hours and hours
    "Hours and hours".

If doing emissaries, islands and invasions if they're up when you're free takes you "hours and hours" you're doing something incredibly wrong. We won't even bring up follower mission AP... which you can literally que up while you're on the can taking a shat.

If you're below 38 I doubt you even play the game an hour a week outside of raids, let alone hours.

Just curious what other people are doing/finding a trend. Our guild is saying 35, but I have seen some guilds on our server saying 38+ and some saying 32+.
    Fatboss guild is requiring 38
    That's a hardcore guild

36 is fine

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    "Hours and hours".

If doing emissaries, islands and invasions if they're up when you're free takes you "hours and hours" you're doing something incredibly wrong. We won't even bring up follower mission AP... which you can literally que up while you're on the can taking a shat.

If you're below 38 I doubt you even play the game an hour a week outside of raids, let alone hours.
    i wrote a response to this, but then realised you picked one thing that was slightly wrong to respond to (and only slightly! 2.5h a week to do emmisaries etc is reasonable). feel free to look at the rest.

also, you're right- i don't play the game much outside of raids. because it's not fun, and i don't like encouraging blizzard to make the game less fun. i hope more people resist it or quit to make blizzard reconsider!

but the main reason i don't like doing things that aren't fun.
    Last edited by Quotey; 2019-01-26 at 03:24 AM.
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

If you are going right into heroic I would imagine you would want to at least 3 ring az pieces. So that is a good point to look at. Normal.. well.. doesnt matter much.. if you plan to go mythic day one then 38-39 is more idea as a minimal.