Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    100% agreed.. I have been waiting on him to finnaly show up afther all these years. When he did I was not dissapointed, hes whole appearence is just godlike and would have loved to have him show up in Ogrimmar for example. He will be missed big time

The catching up on hes age was nicely done for that matter, but still Talanji would never be as cool or interesting.
    Rastakhan had more flaws to him and it's a shame he never got the chance to go back to being the strong king we're told he was before he got complacent and that he accepts again leading up to the final showdown with Zul. Talanji has grown on me over time, and the scene of his death with the two and Bwonsamdi was everything I'd have liked, but she still has a ways to go.

On the plus side, the door is open for him to make further appearances, since he's sworn to Bwonsamdi in death as well as life.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I gotta agree with Ramz here. If there's one raid that should be all about trolls, it's the one where those stinky humans are attacking the very capital of Trollkind.

But who is the Horde character who gets to appear angry at Jaina? Our very own human potential, of course. Wouldn't want to forget that he exists after all.
    Thank you!

What Nathanos as a character delivers other than angry eye squint? He never had any real history with Kul'Tirans or Proudmore.

But Darkspears had a history with them, that was the reason why they joined the Horde, because Kul'Tirans attacked them for no reason. And continued attacking them on Kalimdor. Rokhan was one of the people that went to assault Daelin. He fought Jaina's father.

He - as a figure - would bring much more impactful delivery. "Like father, like daughter". It would bring a great purpose for the Darkspears as well because it would be personal as in "once again Proudmoore shown it's true face!".

Nathanos never had such a history, and I highly doubt he would have anythng meaningful tied with it.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I gotta agree with Ramz here. If there's one raid that should be all about trolls, it's the one where those stinky humans are attacking the very capital of Trollkind.

But who is the Horde character who gets to appear angry at Jaina? Our very own human potential, of course. Wouldn't want to forget that he exists after all.
    I was never that big on Nathanos, apart from enjoying his snark and cutting Baine off mid sentence here and there, but if enduring few of his cutscenes is what we need to avoid Calia, that's a small price to pay.

Can't argue that they could've threw some of the Darkspears in there too though. Especially since Rokhan and Talanji seems to have gotten pretty close over the course of expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Thank you!

What Nathanos as a character delivers other than angry eye squint? He never had any real history with Kul'Tirans or Proudmore.

But Darkspears had a history with them, that was the reason why they joined the Horde, because Kul'Tirans attacked them for no reason. And continued attacking them on Kalimdor. Rokhan was one of the people that went to assault Daelin. He fought Jaina's father.

He - as a figure - would bring much more impactful delivery. "Like father, like daughter". It would bring a great purpose for the Darkspears as well because it would be personal as in "once again Proudmoore shown it's true face!".

Nathanos never had such a history, and I highly doubt he would have anythng meaningful tied with it.
    To tell you the truth, I would have liked to see lesser tribes fighting in this raid too. I would have wanted to see this as a stand of all trollkind defending the heart of their civilization. With Rokhan being the most prominent apart from Zandalari of course.
    That would have been absolutely amazing...

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post

You've made me retroactively annoyed now. Because you've reminded me that no Darkspear ever interacts or mentions what Daelin did to them back in the day and associates that with Jaina or Kul Tiras and this'd be a perfect opportunity. You're too right, that kind of line would've really sold it and Rokhan being there for her when her dad dies would work well for their dynamic. I ship it
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    Really? What makes you say that?
    he fucks off when you get him to 50% during the fight

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    he fucks off when you get him to 50% during the fight
    Yeah and with quite interesting remark too...

Yeah and with quite interesting remark too...
    It does makes sense. Bwonsamdi already has Rastakhan's soul, him kicking the bucket is to his advantage since he's sworn to him in death too. But the sooner he dies, the quicker he can get his hands on Talanji too when the pact passes on to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    It does makes sense. Bwonsamdi already has Rastakhan's soul, him kicking the bucket is to his advantage since he's sworn to him in death too. But the sooner he dies, the quicker he can get his hands on Talanji too when the pact passes on to her.
    Yeah, I get that.
    I have to say, I’m actually liking Bwonsamdi. If I force myself to forget him somehow having a “boss”, he does seem to be the same character that I loved in Shadows of the Horde book.

Yeah, I get that.
    I have to say, I’m actually liking Bwonsamdi. If I force myself to forget him somehow having a “boss”, he does seem to be the same character that I loved in Shadows of the Horde book.
    Bwonsamdi is safe. He's part of the Zandalari racials and Blizzard sure ain't gonna bother updating those. I was really worried for him too back in 8.0 since I was afraid that anyone less morally upright than Jesus would be set for the gallows by the end of this one, but now I think we've got good chances of keeping him.

The boss part I hope we can quietly shuffle off. Him being anything but an independent agent really fucks with his character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Yeah, I get that.
    The problem is that the line about boss, literally just makes him someones bitch and pretty much nullifies his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    The problem is that the line about boss, literally just makes him someones bitch and pretty much nullifies his character.
    Exactly... One thing I’m extremely thankful for is that it’s not the Lich King. Now that would have been nullification.

God-King of the most civilized trolls, legendary figure we have been hearing about since ancient times has been defeated because his queen slay of a daughter needed to become a female leader. To show the world how woke and progressive Blizzard is.

Fuck it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Bwonsamdi is definitely growing on me - I enjoy how snarky and cruel he is to pretty much everyone, all the while being completely forthright. Rastakhan most certainly *should* have told Talanji about the deal he made that bound her and all his line to Bwonsamdi - but the way Bwonsamdi handles it is just gold. This is not going to go well for anyone involved.

Nathanos and Bwonsamdi throwing down verbally would complete the circle wonderfully.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Lupinemancer View Post
    Well, the Horde started this war, this is what happens when you decide to side with the agressors in a war. People die!
    No the alliance started it in stormheim get your facts straight!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Bwonsamdi is definitely growing on me - I enjoy how snarky and cruel he is to pretty much everyone, all the while being completely forthright. Rastakhan most certainly *should* have told Talanji about the deal he made that bound her and all his line to Bwonsamdi - but the way Bwonsamdi handles it is just gold. This is not going to go well for anyone involved.

Nathanos and Bwonsamdi throwing down verbally would complete the circle wonderfully.
    I wonder what are the negative aspects of Bwonsamdi’s deal.
    I get that he’s the Loa of Death, but Talanji’s reactions for him make me wonder if there’s more to it.
    And there are still other Loa who are connected to life, it’s not like they are leaving the empire just because of Bwonsamdi. I mean, I doubt that Zuldazar will now turn into an uninhabitable wasteland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I wonder what are the negative aspects of Bwonsamdi’s deal.
    I get that he’s the Loa of Death, but Talanji’s reactions for him make me wonder if there’s more to it.
    And there are still other Loa who are connected to life, it’s not like they are leaving the empire just because of Bwonsamdi. I mean, I doubt that Zuldazar will now turn into an uninhabitable wasteland.
    Bwonsamdi is a hungry, demanding Loa - he's not content to hang back and give power passively like Rezan seemed to be (given that Rastakhan said he hadn't even spoken to his Loa in years). Even with the pact, it seems Bwonsamdi is going to make a lot of demands of Talanji, and through her the Zandalari and possibly the Horde itself. Sylvanas recognized Talanji as her equal, at least insofar as she's told Talanji (though somehow I suspect Sylvanas is just telling Talanji what she wants to hear), which gives Bwonsamdi something of an "in" within the Horde itself.

The question is whether or not Bwonsamdi is himself a force for good, evil, or entirely interested in his own personal enrichment. He's pretty inscrutable in that regard.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by God King Rastakhan View Post
    I think the biggest issue with Talanji for most people -myself included- is that she steals the spotlight from Rastakhan. It's true like you say that he hadn't gotten much story before this either, but he did have a pretty cool buildup in MoP, setting the stage with Zul, the cataclysm, the reborn zandalari empire and Isle of Thunder stuff. Rastakhan was a character a of of people were looking forward to finally meeting in the game, and once we get to he's actually a really cool dude, with positive and negative traits, making him very interesting. However, he's immediately used as a plot device to drive the story of his daughter forward in his stead, which sucks big time. Talanji is a solid character, but her story is paid for by sacrificing what would have been Rastakhan's.
    He actually has a good plotline with the coup and then his soul being reclaimed from Bwonsamdi and then some more. He wasn’t wasted and he worked wonderfully with his only offspring. I don’t see him as a waste, I see him as a character with a solid story that has a defined end.
    But I see what you mean.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Bwonsamdi is a hungry, demanding Loa - he's not content to hang back and give power passively like Rezan seemed to be (given that Rastakhan said he hadn't even spoken to his Loa in years). Even with the pact, it seems Bwonsamdi is going to make a lot of demands of Talanji, and through her the Zandalari and possibly the Horde itself. Sylvanas recognized Talanji as her equal, at least insofar as she's told Talanji (though somehow I suspect Sylvanas is just telling Talanji what she wants to hear), which gives Bwonsamdi something of an "in" within the Horde itself.

The question is whether or not Bwonsamdi is himself a force for good, evil, or entirely interested in his own personal enrichment. He's pretty inscrutable in that regard.

Well good! He is charismatic and ambitious. I don’t really see the horror of his presence as the Loa of Kings and Queens though. I guess we have to wait and see...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    That makes me wonder now, had Rezan not been killed in Atal'dazor, would the Alliance have been able to take on a fully-empowered Rastakhan backed up by Rezan? I'm sure game-wise yes, but lore-wise would they be able to?
    Lorewise, the Alliance has a uberweapon spaceship that is unaccounted for.

Quote Originally Posted by God King Rastakhan View Post
    The storyline Rastakhan got was really good, yeah. I'd just hoped that he'd become one of the more permanent cast of characters within the horde going forward. But at least he got much better treatment than any of the characters in WoD got, so there's that.
    That is very true. With the popularity of Bwonsamdi and Zandalari themselves, there’s always a possibility of Rastakhan reappearing to advise Talanji in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Lorewise, the Alliance has a uberweapon spaceship that is unaccounted for.
    Never gonna be used.