Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    This thread is why I hope Blizzard got a old backup of the DB. Using comment on a website to determine the proc rate of a item is just wrong.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    Using comment on a website to determine the proc rate of a item is just wrong.
    Okay, then, let's base private server values off of "oh I remember it was this way", because that is so much more trustworthy and reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Okay, then, let's base private server values off of "oh I remember it was this way", because that is so much more trustworthy and reliable.
    Pretty sure that's how Wing Buffet was done
    It'll be nice to get data mined numbers/Blue Post this summer, I'm sure there are dozens of less famous items with the same problems.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Private server are private server, I was not expecting perfect representation. I'm talking about Classic here, I hope they won't change their number each month because someone remember it an other way or someone found an other quote.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Lore wise, isn't it supposed to be a very good weapon?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

The O.G. proc rate (back when it was 2 attacks per proc) was around 4%. That fluctuated, obviously, and rogues and warriors would've utilized it differently.

You also have to remember: Ironfoe was OBSCENELY rare. As in, you saw more Baron Rivendare mounts and 2hs, and even Dickmaster Gandling's staff more often. To add to this, it wasn't often directly farmed for, and was often replaced or overshadowed by your first raiding one-hander from Onyxia or Molten Core.

To further add to this, this wasn't a great item for warriors in most cases. Why? Sword Specialization under Arms, even post-nerf, was far more powerful and reliable than Ironfoe was/would've been. You also wouldn't have had great gear to support Ironfoe in Vanilla back when you may have gotten it. I never got ahold of one, even in spite of my bajillion Emperor BRD runs, but I had seen Rivendare's mount once, and his 2h sword twice (though I never personally saw Gandling's staff drop).

I had always wanted Hand of Justice for testing purposes, as well as Ironfoe for a 1h dual wield setup, but in all likelihood, you could've done more with Eskhdanar's Claws; it was more reasonable to obtain them back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Eninya View Post
    The O.G. proc rate (back when it was 2 attacks per proc) was around 4%. That fluctuated, obviously, and rogues and warriors would've utilized it differently.

You also have to remember: Ironfoe was OBSCENELY rare. As in, you saw more Baron Rivendare mounts and 2hs, and even Dickmaster Gandling's staff more often. To add to this, it wasn't often directly farmed for, and was often replaced or overshadowed by your first raiding one-hander from Onyxia or Molten Core.

To further add to this, this wasn't a great item for warriors in most cases. Why? Sword Specialization under Arms, even post-nerf, was far more powerful and reliable than Ironfoe was/would've been. You also wouldn't have had great gear to support Ironfoe in Vanilla back when you may have gotten it. I never got ahold of one, even in spite of my bajillion Emperor BRD runs, but I had seen Rivendare's mount once, and his 2h sword twice (though I never personally saw Gandling's staff drop).

I had always wanted Hand of Justice for testing purposes, as well as Ironfoe for a 1h dual wield setup, but in all likelihood, you could've done more with Eskhdanar's Claws; it was more reasonable to obtain them back then.
    Beyond the astute observation, I thank you for bringing me back to the first episode of World of Roguecraft. "Over 200 times, but that damn staff NEVER dropped" ~Mute, Circa 2005

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Lore wise, isn't it supposed to be a very good weapon?
    Yes it most certainly was. It is mentioned a few times in the alliance Onyxia pre-quest jailbreak chain when you enter BRD to save Marchal Windsor from the prison.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Ironfoe was pretty good man. Dunno if they buffed it for TBC, but I got one by accident while leveling my alt then, and used it well into lvl 70, it still performed really well. Only replaced it once I got some lvl 70 epic.

https://i.imgur.com/NPnt8ac.jpg
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

my human warrior on not named vanilla server has it, with trashblade and hand of justice and capped hit in pre raid gear I out dps warriors in aq/bwl gear. I know that this server adjusted its procrate according to the discussion and the numbers blizz recently gave in a statement regarding private servers not giving the blizz experience.

The reason it was not farmed to any significant degree back in the day. Is mainly due to how weak fury warrior was in the early patches of world of Warcraft. With Bloodthirst only being usable after scoring a killing blow that yielded experience or honor, and the absence of dual wield specialization (which increased off-hand damage by 5-25% for 1-5 talent points). Arms specc was the preferred talent for warrior DPS for a significant time. When Fury warrior rose to prominence, following the release of patch 1.6 and the change to allow blood thirst without scoring a killing blow. The most hardcore players had other options.

The actual proc rate is not certain. There exist some sources, but they don't all agree.

I had Ironfoe in vanilla and it was extremely disappointing. I put it in the bank after 1 five man run.

If I hadn't had other raid weapons, it might have been a godsend. I don't doubt it to be a pre-raid bis item, but it won't compete with the good raid weapons if they tune it as it was tuned in vanilla.

The private servers had insane proc rates on the weapon that seriously inflated its value.