Page 31 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    DC animated knocked it out of the park with Constantine: city of demons.
    Yeah,DC's animation dept is top notch,too bad the idiots won't put Bruce Timm in charge of the live action stuff as well.

I liked Aquaman, but I feel the main problem was that it was a little bit too long, a feel they should have cut at least 30 minutes out, maybe the stuff in Atlantis (which only ends up with him getting his ass kicked and he runs away to then start the trident search as mera and that other guy wanted originally.).

I liked it (so did my mum, but my sister and dad came out just feeling bored) but I don't think I'd watch it again or buy the bluray.

Oh yes, I was also disappointed it took so long for him to suit up in his proper costume, but given how this Aquaman has been setup, it wouldn't make sense for him to go around in costume (Then again, you could easily argue he was inspired by the Justice League).
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Aquaman was probably the biggest positive surprise in regards of cinema for 2018. I loved it. This movie has no shame whatsoever, it knows exactly what it is and doesn't try to cover it up. No bullshit sincere politics, no toning down the costumes to make them a little more realistic, no, just 100% comic book. And they just kept piling up the awesome.

Now, I had trouble understanding the dialogue from time to time. I think the 'distorted voice underwater' effect was unnecessary. Felt a bit to long here and there, and the story was extremly predictable, but dman, this movie was fun!

First 3 episodes of Young Justice season 3 comes out today!

I could only find the first episode online. Really wish we could get DC universe in Canada.

Rewatching Batman Begins right now. I had forgotten just how GOOD Katie Holmes is as an actress. She really emotes her lines extremely well and throws in awesome nonverbal communications like raised eyebrows and nods and flinches. Its really a shame she didn't continue in the series.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Rewatching Batman Begins right now. I had forgotten just how GOOD Katie Holmes is as an actress. She really emotes her lines extremely well and throws in awesome nonverbal communications like raised eyebrows and nods and flinches. Its really a shame she didn't continue in the series.
    Just rewatched it as well and ...

TIL Joffrey Baratheon is in Batman Begins

I saw Death of Superman and Reign of the Supermen in the theater last Sunday (it was a double feature). Both were solid movies!

New DC animated movie coming this year....with the Justice League/Justice League Unlimited art style, and the same voice cast for Supes/Bats/Wonder Woman! Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    New DC animated movie coming this year....with the Justice League/Justice League Unlimited art style, and the same voice cast for Supes/Bats/Wonder Woman! Wow.

I was like wait wasnt the nex JLA/DC Movie Reign of Supermans ?
    And its out for a few days already time to watch it.

Timm needs to stay away from the story of these movies and nedees to stick purely to animating these things cause his last two attempts were shallow pervy fan service.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    I was like wait wasnt the nex JLA/DC Movie Reign of Supermans ?
    And its out for a few days already time to watch it.
    Man, we need more movies from Bruce Timm's JLU! I know it had a perfect ending, but it was so good, they could have kept going for years with characters hadn't explored yet (Anti-Monitor, The Key, Prometheus, more of The General, Aztek, Blue Beetle, Zauriel, more Hawkman, etc.)

10+ Year Old Account
    So is the DCEU dead? Do we expect there to be a JL2? haven't heard anything about it so far. Not that I looked into it or anything.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    So is the DCEU dead? Do we expect there to be a JL2? haven't heard anything about it so far. Not that I looked into it or anything.
    Yes DC is dead after aquaman makes over 1 billion dollars and we're still waiting on wonder woman 2 after the mega success of wonder woman 1.

Wish people would actually think and not listen to click bait news
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yes DC is dead after aquaman makes over 1 billion dollars and we're still waiting on wonder woman 2 after the mega success of wonder woman 1.

Yeah WW2 is coming, set in 1984 so it doesn't advance the story at all... I'm not asking if there will be more DC movies, I'm asking if we're ever going to see the story continued from where JL left off... the stand-alone movies were all fine, even good. but they failed hard with their combo movies...(even though I liked BvS).

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Yeah WW2 is coming, set in 1984 so it doesn't advance the story at all... I'm not asking if there will be more DC movies, I'm asking if we're ever going to see the story continued from where JL left off... the stand-alone movies were all fine, even good. but they failed hard with their combo movies...(even though I liked BvS).
    Its on hold while DC course correct.

Im sure we'll see another batman/superman movie before we die.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

With the batman news yesterday, it's more like the 'DCEU is dead, long live DC films'.

They'll make more aquaman/wonder woman/batman/superman films, but the continuity from BvS and JL is now dead and buried.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Even though I enjoyed BvS and JL this is fine with me. I don't really care much for the whole everything-must-be-interconnected type of storytelling and would prefer to just see fun superhero movies, maybe with the occasional guest appearance if it makes sense. Aquaman didn't need Superman to be a fun movie and it didn't need to be explicitly connected to the others. It shares a universe and we know that and they can cross them if it serves the story but otherwise they can just make good superhero flicks.
    It's a core difference between Marvel and DC, honestly. Think about it from the comics.

Spider-Man, The Defenders characters, Moon Knight, Avengers, Fantastic Four are all set in New York. X-Men are set just outside of New York.

With DC, you've got Batman in Gotham, Superman in Metropolis, Green Arrow in Star City, Flash in Central City, etc.
    DC's characters are naturally spread out, so the focus should be on building consistent continuity in their franchises and minimal cross-franchise continuity. LexCorp building in Gotham and Metropolis = okay, it's the same world. Star Labs in a news report in the background = okay, Flash is in the same world. But they don't cross over in the comics all that often, really, aside from the Justice League stories.

Each character's franchise can have vastly different themes and styles and you can still do a Justice League story eventually. Ideally you'd just have them all doing their own thing, maybe the others are on the Bat computer's side monitor as the smallest nod. Eventually you could have a team up film, then they go their separate ways and keep focusing on separate ongoing franchises.

Take Marvel's MCU concept, but adapt it to work for the style of DC's heroes - all one world, but not so tightly interconnected hero work.

My one concern with DC's new "just make a good stand alone" approach is that we'll wind up back in the 90s with roles being a revolving door of actors and different directors doing entirely different approaches (ala Tim Burton's gritty Batman followed by the 66 series homage Schumacher approach) in short succession. I'm hoping they don't go that far since they can use a variety of characters to delve into different styles of stories. Hoping that lets them match directors to the best fit characters.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2019-02-01 at 05:13 PM.

Okay, this looks like fun...

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?