Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    Btw, when Rastakhan’s hand falls on the ground, doesn’t it remind you of Arthas’s?
    Sort of, but it's also one of THE most common ways to show a death as final/tragic in visual media to be fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    True, perhaps I didn’t use that words correctly.
    Btw, when Rastakhan’s hand falls on the ground, doesn’t it remind you of Arthas’s?
    It does, yes. Blizzard has been doing a lot of callbacks with their cinematics and cutscenes in BfA, what with the throne room scene in the Battle of Lordaeron directly calling back to Arthas confronting Terenas in WC3. I don't know if that specific one was intentional or not, but Rastakhan's death specifically does feel a lot like Arthas' in ICC. I was also struck with the notion that Rastakan's mummifying hand looked quite a lot like Bwonsamdi's when he actually expired, as well. Don't know what to make of that, it just struck me oddly when I watched it.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    It kind of astounds me that they created a plot device perfectly suited to equalizing conflict as well as buffing up any given ability or weapon they want to be flashier and meet the Rule of Cool and then decided not to use it.
    I honestly wish the horde would use more iron stars. Those things are cool as hell. Can you imagine if in under city, when the 4 idiots walk in all arthas style and opening the door, instead of sylvanas find an iron star saying hullo?

God that would have been glorious.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It does, yes. Blizzard has been doing a lot of callbacks with their cinematics and cutscenes in BfA, what with the throne room scene in the Battle of Lordaeron directly calling back to Arthas confronting Terenas in WC3. I don't know if that specific one was intentional or not, but Rastakhan's death specifically does feel a lot like Arthas' in ICC.
    The “I’ve taken care of everything” line as well... I hope that isn’t just a callback though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    Sort of, but it's also one of THE most common ways to show a death as final/tragic in visual media to be fair.

True. Cannot argue with that.
    After reading Wowhead analysis of this cinematic, I’m afraid of looking too far into it XD

True. Cannot argue with that.
    After reading Wowhead analysis of this cinematic, I’m afraid of looking too far into it XD
    True, it's hard not to. I just have a hard time doing so (and might be dead-wrong, they might be callbacks) because Blizzards shots are, generally speaking, the cliches of the cliches. Which to be fair is exactly what makes them good/entertaining, but makes it hard to discern hidden meaning from, well, re-using a cliche from time to time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The “I’ve taken care of everything” line as well... I hope that isn’t just a callback though.
    Rastakhan talking to Talanji after he seals the deal with Bwonsamdi was definitely a callback to Arthas talking to Menethil, I think. Probably meant to show the true depth of what Rastakhan was doing, as well as foreshadowing that the consequences of his deal were not going to be good for either of them. He uses Arthas' exact words, after all; an unknowing homage to disaster.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Considered how the replacement is a character slowly turned by the writers into a borderline toyboy and self-insert, I'm not sure which is the worst of the two evils.
    Nathanos as a boytoy would at worst get a phantom erection (since I doubt his junk is working) if he suddenly started to think about Sylvanas killing Jaina or something. It's not even something that the audience could notice. Rokhan slipping on a banana peel on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Bwonsamdi is the coolest character they've made in so many, many years, really. I just love everything about him. Will be interesting to see what will happen with him after BfA. It would be a crime to forver forget about this goldmine.
    Probably he will die as a raid boss, heck I hope Rezan or Talanji gets the kill, the dude is nice in this expansion with horrible character but he is nowhere near of awesome or interesting as khagdar, durotan or even trustworthy ally like the ebon blade in wotlk
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by God King Rastakhan View Post
    Pretty much. I don't think Bwonsamdi purposefully kills or weakens Rastakhan, it's simply his age catching up with him at the moment of his death.

RIP Rastakhan, you deserved better than this.
    hey, didnt we recognized this very often since WoD ?

Blizzard finally introduced new COOL characters, that arent plain simple or dogshit, and instead building them up and give em strong lore and make fun stories, kill them as fast as possible

this is the activision blizzard way of life

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Considered how the replacement is a character slowly turned by the writers into a borderline toyboy and self-insert, I'm not sure which is the worst of the two evils.

Lol, I'm not sure why did you even bother with that idiotic comment to begin with. xD We all know that Rokhan is doing really well on his own. In fact Darkspears already had their moments in this expansion which shows that they're competent people based on various examples that would make quite a list with Drustvar invasion being the most priceless one imo.

Let him live in his biased world.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    In fact Darkspears already had their moments in this expansion which shows that they're competent people based on various examples that would make quite a list with Drustvar invasion being the most priceless one imo.
    I'm left wondering if those masks are a one-trick pony or not. You practically scythe your way through an entire Lightforged battalion as a one-person army using their power - if that can be leveraged on other battlefields it would be crazy. Toss in a few of those Iron Star wrecking-ball engines from the Boralus Invasion and it seems like you'd have unstoppable momentum in nearly any engagement.

I'm left wondering if those masks are a one-trick pony or not. You practically scythe your way through an entire Lightforged battalion as a one-person army using their power - if that can be leveraged on other battlefields it would be crazy. Toss in a few of those Iron Star wrecking-ball engines from the Boralus Invasion and it seems like you'd have unstoppable momentum in nearly any engagement.
    Never gonna be used again. I’m almost certain of it...
    I’m still wondering if after BfA we’ll ever see Zandalari doing anything.

Windseeker Durja was throwing entire Alliance party ( along with Anduin, Jaina, Alleria and Genn) like rag dolls with his tornados in Battle for Lordaeron. That guy was OP as hell, and I'm surprised why nobody died to fall damage. In my headcanon he faked his death xD

I think we will likely see at least one moment like the tiki mask assault.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Windseeker Durja was throwing entire Alliance party ( along with Anduin, Jaina, Alleria and Genn) like rag dolls with his tornados in Battle for Lordaeron. That guy was OP as hell, and I'm surprised why nobody died to fall damage. In my headcanon he faked his death xD

I hope you are right... And Durja was amazing!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Never gonna be used again. I’m almost certain of it...
    I’m still wondering if after BfA we’ll ever see Zandalari doing anything.
    I imagine that once the Zandalari become a true Allied Race they're going to start appearing as a factor in Horde engagements elsewhere on Azeroth (and not just the Isle of Zandalar). As for the Darkspear masks or Iron Stars, I can't really say. On one hand I agree with you, we probably won't given the rather OP way they function; on the other it seems odd that they wouldn't be leveraged more often.

I imagine that once the Zandalari become a true Allied Race they're going to start appearing as a factor in Horde engagements elsewhere on Azeroth (and not just the Isle of Zandalar). As for the Darkspear masks or Iron Stars, I can't really say. On one hand I agree with you, we probably won't given the rather OP way they function; on the other it seems odd that they wouldn't be leveraged more often.
    I just hope that Blizzard would recognize the popularity of Zandalari and use their unique “true ally” status within the Horde to make a proper story going forward. But that’s probably never going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

Durja was awesome - and he seemed come out of nowhere, too. When I first saw the Battle of Lordaeron from the Alliance side I was really taken aback by how powerful he was as what felt like just a random named Shaman.

Lol, I'm not sure why did you even bother with that idiotic comment to begin with. xD We all know that Rokhan is doing really well on his own. In fact Darkspears already had their moments in this expansion which shows that they're competent people based on various examples that would make quite a list with Drustvar invasion being the most priceless one imo.
    You hit the nail on the head. On his own. As in, without the failure that is Vol'jin dragging him down. But since Vol'jin is making a comeback, all Darkspears are once again in danger of being exposed to his contagious incompetence. Soon enough you'll get Darkspear recruits bringing higher ups coconut shells thinking they are the heads of enemy targets they were ordered to kill.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2019-01-23 at 06:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I just hope that Blizzard would recognize the popularity of Zandalari and use their unique “true ally” status within the Horde to make a proper story going forward. But that’s probably never going to happen.
    Never say never - I try to be optimistic where I can. Sometimes I'm let down, and sometimes I'm even surprised. With the Zandalari, I'd be quite surprised if they don't become a very visible part of the Horde forces following the Battle of Dazar'alor. Surprised and also disappointed.

I think it might be difficult considering that 8.2 will take place in Nazjatar, but i can see various places where Zandalari and Darkspears could make a prominence. Rokhan is doing amazing job, his voice actor punched personality and charisma into him it would be foolish to not use him to extend.

Durja was awesome - and he seemed come out of nowhere, too. When I first saw the Battle of Lordaeron from the Alliance side I was really taken aback by how powerful he was as what felt like just a random named Shaman.
    I know right?
    I had exact same reaction when I was doing scenario on Alliance alt, this guy hands down was the biggest power monster on the Horde side. But I suppose it wasn't intentional to make random troll shaman to appear this ridiculously powerful.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria