Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down WoW Guild Spends Gold Worth $9000 to Compete in New Raid

As title says:

I mean is it even worth it at this point?

People probaly stoped caring abauth world 1.st with this expansion .

15+ Year Old Account
    >alexensual

also this: https://twitter.com/maximumwow/statu...47016239247361

Complete bullshit as usual
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

How are those dudes so freakin rich lol? I don't even have enough money to have 3 meals a day

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    How are those dudes so freakin rich lol? I don't even have enough money to have 3 meals a day
    Sell boosts

They sell clears for gold. Make a killing for the guild, and they spend it on anything that can give them the edge in progression, in this case, wow tokens to support a guild xfer.

Amazing how clueless the dude making this video seems.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2019-01-23 at 10:59 PM.

lol that guy is still around? I remember him sounding more and more paranoid about blizzard targeting his streams. Seemed on track for some sort of breakdown.

Hm.. Last raid tier they extended lockout, and it didn't pay off. Wonder what will happen this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    As title says:

I mean is it even worth it at this point?

People probaly stoped caring abauth world 1.st with this expansion .
    oh look alex the dude who was telling people to harass devs and attack people on twitter cool

but...but... Horde bias gaiz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    The figure is inaccurate. Quoting from a comment in the r/wow thread on the matter (source):

I believe Max said on FinalBossTV podcast (for the State of Tanking stream), it would cost the entire guild roster (mains and alts) close to $9000 to do a full faction transfer. So just to put a number to it, the 400 ilvl piece advantage for Alliance this week and possibly next, plus the Darkshore Warfront 400 ilvl piece is worth $9000 to Limit.

In-game, the US exchange rate right now according to https://wowtoken.info/ is 117k. So that's 70,200,000 gold.

EDIT: Apparently they only transferred 51 characters (according to thdlock's stream where he showed 51 characters in guild). 51 characters by $30 (without tax) makes $1530 or 51 x 2 wow tokens x 117k = 11,934,000 or 11.9 million gold. So for two Heroic pieces from 'Against Overwhelming Odds' for Alliance (this week and Mythic week), PLUS the Darkshore quest coming up with another Heroic piece (and just now confirmed to give 400 ilvl), that's 3 Heroic pieces by 51 characters for 153 Heroic pieces.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    They sell clears for gold. Make a killing for the guild, and they spend it on anything that can give them the edge in progression, in this case, wow tokens to support a guild xfer.

Amazing how clueless the dude making this video seems.
    Not to mention his math is atrocious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    The figure is inaccurate. Quoting from a comment in the r/wow thread on the matter (source):
    Its still quite a lot of money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Selling mythic boosts as one of the top guilds = easy gold.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

The beauty of this strategy is because the only important bosses of this raid (the last 3) you do as horde anyway it really doesn't matter if they stay alliance for now, as they'll get the free and easy to get 30 percent extra AP. It's a good idea imho. And then when they go back to horde next tier Blizzard will make more money from them (or their carries more likely) again.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

It's a matter of perspective. For ppl who are/will make money from streaming it's nothing, especially considering the attention it's getting them. And for ppl with decent incomes, spending 1500 on a hobby is nothing and 1500 divided by 20+ is really nothing.

When one moron posts a video of an even bigger moron....

Relatively, no, it's peanuts. They generate revenue from playing the game

They themselves spent 0 dollars 0 cents and 0 rubies though.

"ah but the boosted guys spent." What if they had the gold? Its not hard to get a few million these days with consistent playtime. A few million was basically an investment at the start of the expansion because you were making more than that per hour if you had a few crafters.

even if they did buy tokens then what of it? If they don't have the time to raid for the title and loot then all the power to them.

People flipping tables over nothing, it's not your money they're spending.

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    lol that guy is still around? I remember him sounding more and more paranoid about blizzard targeting his streams. Seemed on track for some sort of breakdown.
    He did have a break down, on one of his streams a good while back. Don't believe he ever uploaded the VOD of the stream in question but I do remember discussing it with others while it was happening.

Idk about some of these streamers, especially the ones trying to create movements and rally people to do what they say. People should just have their own views instead of needing someone else to think for them. Its what always baffles me whenever I see people post videos on the general discussion forums without ever adding or expanding their own thoughts on the matter, like that rage video that people kept posting and saying "You guys seen this?" and nothing else. I am getting off track though.
    #GarroshDidNothingWrong #TeamLightboundGarrosh
    #EXMVP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byucknah The Red View Post
    He did have a break down, on one of his streams a good while back. Don't believe he ever uploaded the VOD of the stream in question but I do remember discussing it with others while it was happening.

Idk about some of these streamers, especially the ones trying to create movements and rally people to do what they say. People should just have their own views instead of needing someone else to think for them. Its what always baffles me whenever I see people post videos on the general discussion forums without ever adding or expanding their own thoughts on the matter, like that rage video that people kept posting and saying "You guys seen this?" and nothing else. I am getting off track though.
    Well streamers (and a lot of times Americans), do this as a part of their culture. They make things look bigger than realy are.
    Just look at british and american version of hells kitchen.

Also i dont watch this youtuber. He just show up in my recomend video list.