Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I really enjoyed the glyph system, and was bummed when they tossed it in the garbage. Plus, it made the inscription profession worth something.

Azerite - imho - is too much of a maintenance PITA. Whenever you get an upgrade, it could totally change your playstyle. I'm not a huge fan of RNG playstyle changes. I do think that if Blizz tried to streamline it a bit more and made it more flexible, then it could be more user friendly. The potential for being a great system is there....it is just not realized in its current state. Just my opinion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywan View Post
    i rather have legendaries back than glyphs. Glyphs where no choise and all mandatory to a larger degree that legion oranges were. however i would not complain if i were gíven both.
    I gotta ask isnt Azerite pretty much the same? all mandatory? I dont know about you but Im pretty much just looking at icyveins and see how each are simmed and go with that. Not much choice here.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I really enjoyed the glyph system, and was bummed when they tossed it in the garbage. Plus, it made the inscription profession worth something.

Azerite - imho - is too much of a maintenance PITA. Whenever you get an upgrade, it could totally change your playstyle. I'm not a huge fan of RNG playstyle changes. I do think that if Blizz tried to streamline it a bit more and made it more flexible, then it could be more user friendly. The potential for being a great system is there....it is just not realized in its current state. Just my opinion
    yes, i agree with you. the glyphs pretty much does exactly the same as azerite traits, in a much better system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stunstation View Post
    I gotta ask isnt Azerite pretty much the same? all mandatory? I dont know about you but Im pretty much just looking at icyveins and see how each are simmed and go with that. Not much choice here.
    exactly, azerite traits don't give you real choices either, some of them are really useless for some classes.

with glyphs, we can at least choose the most useful ones freely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunstation View Post
    with the tuning that is going to come, more choices will available in time than glyphs.

Deleted
    with the tuning that is going to come, more choices will available in time than glyphs.
    There is no choice? When ever you get a Azerite item you open your web browser quickly press in www.icyveins.com and look up your spec there u see what works best and u pick that. Where is the choice in that? Its the same with talents the last 14 years blizard have tried to avoid cookie cutter builds? Its impossible, and really who care just give us back talent trees and let us have cookie cutter builds, atleast it looked more interresting than what we got know, we still dont got much of a choice..

With the current azerite system (over bloated trait numbers and trait stacking), more choices will only make it impossible to balance.

Most players want meaningful choices, not just more traits.

I don't see any advantage of azerite traits over the old glyph system.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    Glyphs are tied to a character, and Azerite don't. This already makes glyphs better then any of Azerite/legendary items and artifacts, witch are content progression (expansion), not character (class). That's basis for this game design. THE END.
    Why do you link to your previous posts in every post? I literally just clicked links for like 2 minutes and feel like I got sucked down a rabbit hole.
    Last edited by Jambalam; 2019-01-23 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jambalam View Post
    Why do youn link to your previous posts in every post? I literally just clicked links for like 2 minutes and feel like I got sucked down a rabbit hole.
    He's a pseudo intellectual and he thinks if he uses an academic reference style by cross linking his various bullshit together it will be more credible and he'll be taken as the serious man he desires to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    He's a pseudo intellectual and he thinks if he uses an academic reference style by cross linking his various bullshit together it will be more credible and he'll be taken as the serious man he desires to be.
    citation needed

Glyphs were a better system I think.

If they were really so cut up about not giving you any new loot to be excited about... Just makes glyphs as drops.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenist View Post
    With the current azerite system (over bloated trait numbers and trait stacking), more choices will only make it impossible to balance.

Most players want meaningful choices, not just more traits.

I don't see any advantage of azerite traits over the old glyph system.
    I always thought the Azerite system was a knock off of the Relic system in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Glyphs were a better system I think.

If they were really so cut up about not giving you any new loot to be excited about... Just makes glyphs as drops.
    They were a different system with a different purpose.

7+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb

Jambalam
    citation needed
    I inserted quotes lately, but since everything is interconnected here, so it greatly increases overal message size (even if it just obvious trifles). I repeat, it's just for those who disagree or find it interesting/difficult to understand what has been said, they are redundant to the rest of you, it's just for more information and sometimes for jokes. Just "read if you need". This is alternative to repeating a million times same things regardless of whether reader needs it or not (since debate has been going on for more than 1 year; funny thing: friend spoke about core of "growth" problems almost 2 years ago and public reacted forecasts quite coolly (well, maybe it wasn't obvious enough then, who knows (although I'm sure that he wasn't the first one, even I talked about it lately, but in particular problems' order)), but it was worth "raising" this question on YouTube and everyone become very interested in it), excludes forcing and gives you choice and possibility of getting clarification out of "larger" amount of information with it.

Information can't be completely useless, only redundant - superfluous in this particular context, either false/erroneous (which is also very useful itself in healthy discussion - to see place (link) in argument's chain where person was mistaken).
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    It's enough to imagine that there is no links. That's not like "Go read my post mf!"
    ps. I don’t break any forum's rules anyway, otherwise I'd at least have been punished/get a remark long ago, and I didn't notice any special abuse of power during my presence here.
    Trend
    Rudeness usually follows from inability to argue
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2020-12-14 at 02:52 PM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked glyphs because they made my abilities do extra cool stuff and some were cool fluff as well.

Azerite is cancer, its more comparable to artifact grind for dmg buffs than glyphs.

This 8.2 Azerite power + essence system is just getting more and more idiotic.

It is literally MUCH worse than the glyph system we have 10 YEARS ago... Who'd hell in Blizzard think this shit is fun and exciting???