Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think they have a rough idea of the story for the next expansion yes, but I also think that if BfA is as much a disaster as WoD, they will change things. I think they only have very rough outlines for the story.
    I agree. Too bad the story is a lesser problem of all problems in BfA. It's not great by any means, but it's digestible at least.

Raving lunatic ... nothing to see here.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Popikaify View Post
    I thought you like to complain to make game better right?! So Blizzard did a great step forward and this '' community'' is still complaining, now tell me this isnt complainng just for sake of complainig? Hes an experienced dev who worked on CD Projekt Red for almost 13 years,The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Cyberpunk 2077. He worked as a dialogue writer, lead story designer, creative director, and narrative and settings director People act like they know **** please stick to your basements and stupid '' sinking ship'',' '' activision'' and' 'phone' ' jokes, thats all you got. Completely tierd of this community dear gooood
    A) We don't even know which game(s) he'll be working at.

B) Even if he was assigned to WoW, a game this large isn't made or killed.by a single person, no matter his/her previous achievements.

C) Even if his work does noticeably improve the game, I'll believe it when I see it. As several people have posted already, current Blizzard doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    A) We don't even know which game(s) he'll be working at.
    That is a good point. Everyone just suddenly assumes that it's WoW for some reason. It's most likely something Diablo 4 or some completely new project.

You're making a thread about someone joining Blizzard and people complaining about it, but fail to actually name the person who joined or link any evidence that people are complaining. What a waste of time.

Well yes but since this is a dev that worked on story and dialogue I would assume he would work on something similar in WoW (if he works on WoW and not on Overwatch or Diablo 4).
    Not Overwatch, but I think it's safe to say that Diablo 4 is a big possibility, considering the timing.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    That is a good point. Everyone just suddenly assumes that it's WoW for some reason. It's most likely something Diablo 4 or some completely new project.
    A WoW card game...

even if they hand him the reigns to write the story from now on, we won't see anything until the next expansion at best.

And WoW is a different beast than the Witcher. The Witcher has a clear protagonist and the choices and narrative can revolve around him. He is also built in a universe that allows for hard choices to not be clear.

WoW is not such a universe. Who in WoW has made a controversial and hard choice and be rewarded for it with something other than scorn? Who is the protagonist in WoW?

It's like suggesting that someone who writes great fantasy trilogies would also be excellent at long running fantasy series. There is just no guarantees.

But hey, he'll find it hard to do worse than Golden.

- - - Updated - - -

Activision doesn't give a shit about how WoW's story evolves. That is entirely on the devs of the game.
    oh sorry didnt see that u were only talking about story but tbh wow has much more bigger problems than story at the moment

We don't know where he's going to be placed, probably on a mobile game knowing Blizzard these days, secondly, this man will regret his actions, he's gone from a company that takes their time and does their best to make top quality games to a company that only cares about the depth of your wallet and how many micro transactions they can get away with, if this man is a gamer at heart, he'll be gone within a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    We don't know where he's going to be placed, probably on a mobile game knowing Blizzard these days, secondly, this man will regret his actions, he's gone from a company that takes their time and does their best to make top quality games to a company that only cares about the depth of your wallet and how many micro transactions they can get away with, if this man is a gamer at heart, he'll be gone within a few months.
    im sure he will wipe his tears of regret with buttload of money he will make

and idiots on internet will still belive that people do it because of ideals not because of money

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    im sure he will wipe his tears of regret with buttload of money he will make

and idiots on internet will still belive that people do it because of ideals not because of money
    Okay sheep, keep throwing your money at Blizzard.

I suggest you actually do some research about CDPR they've repeatedly distanced themselves from the likes of micro transactions and they've gained significant praise for doing so, not every company is a cop out for money and too think so, proves your ignorance.
    Last edited by Zephre; 2019-01-24 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Okay sheep, keep throwing your money at Blizzard.

I suggest you actually do some research about CDPR they've repeatedly distanced themselves from the likes of micro transactions and they've gained significant praise for doing so, not every company is a cop out for money and too think so, proves your ignorance.
    I don't think that what you just said has anything to do with what you quoted. He clearly meant this specific person's salary, not companies being into microtransactions or stuff. Not like I'm agreeing with him though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread seems unlikely to produce much in the way of constructive discussion or debate, and the topic is already being discussed in another thread here. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead