Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I rest my case lol
    I guess truth can be toxic to Star Citizen cult, yes.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I guess truth can be toxic to Star Citizen cult, yes.
    @Myobi See?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    You need to be a special kinda of retard to still think CIG will collapse at any given time.

In 3 months Star Citizen will be with it's 1st yearly big update released and the community will enjoy it while the bitter haters will be no where to be seen in this thread because they'll be to busy chewing crow and feeling sad.
    /facepalm

If I had a nickel for every time ive heard this verbatim statement about Star Citizen, Id have my 75 dollar kick starter investment back. . . like 4 years ago.

Im still waiting on the promised "optimization" patch back in 2015ish. . . . . I havent even installed the game in over a year because it runs like laughable shit on a 1050.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    DO you really honestly believe someone would invest 46 million just like that without doing a fully check on all aspects of the company
    Um yup. I take it you didn't watch the Fyre Festival documentary on Netflix? It shows just how stupid investors are.... We could write a 300 page document in 1.5pt font on dumb ass failure investments made by people over the past 10 years alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Oh, I see it alright, but jeez, if you are going to quote the same post twice and even sprinkle a mention on top of it, you could at least read the god damn thing. I’m not saying that only the backers of the project throw around insults, I’m saying people who often bring up terms such as “hate” and “toxicity” are often the ones displaying it.

I still don't understand, are we really trying to connect intelligence to wealth?
    I think some people actually do. A lot of people who are rich, are "grandfathered" into wealth. They dont have the slightest clue what to do when it comes to generating more wealth, so they just throw money at shit that sounds cool and hope for a pay day. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. Its risky, but when you're a trust fund baby, its easy to justify those risks because they're prob dumb as a box of rocks.

We could easily solve this so called "toxicity" by refraining from emotional, knee-jerk retorts every time someone criticises the game.

Fat chance.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2019-01-24 at 05:05 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    /facepalm

If I had a nickel for every time ive heard this verbatim statement about Star Citizen, Id have my 75 dollar kick starter investment back. . . like 4 years ago.

Im still waiting on the promised "optimization" patch back in 2015ish. . . . . I havent even installed the game in over a year because it runs like laughable shit on a 1050.

- - - Updated - - -

Um yup. I take it you didn't watch the Fyre Festival documentary on Netflix? It shows just how stupid investors are.... We could write a 300 page document in 1.5pt font on dumb ass failure investments made by people over the past 10 years alone.
    Sounds more like it's your problem for running a potato rig. I haven't had any issues using a 1070 and an almost 5 year old CPU. So you complaining about game performance meanwhile knowing that the game was going to push hardware doesn't help. I am not going to absolve CIG of their lack of optimizing, but in reality, what's the point if the game is continually getting updated and adding more features that will tax systems more? Doesn't make a lot of sense from a business perspective to optimize mid development.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Sounds more like it's your problem for running a potato rig. I haven't had any issues using a 1070 and an almost 5 year old CPU. So you complaining about game performance meanwhile knowing that the game was going to push hardware doesn't help. I am not going to absolve CIG of their lack of optimizing, but in reality, what's the point if the game is continually getting updated and adding more features that will tax systems more? Doesn't make a lot of sense from a business perspective to optimize mid development.

You're lying, you're not playing SC @ 60 fps on a 5 year old computer. Not even close. These kinds of lies are only going to work on the Star Citizen reddit page.

thanks for the pro tip on software design. . . . but it would be more believable . . . . if I wasn't a developer for the past 20 + years.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're lying, you're not playing SC @ 60 fps on a 5 year old computer. Not even close. These kinds of lies are only going to work on the Star Citizen reddit page.

thanks for the pro tip on software design. . . . but it would be more believable . . . . if I wasn't a developer for the past 20 + years.
    Where did I say anything about what kind of framerates I was getting? Oh wait, I never made that claim. I said it runs just fine on my system and it's far from a high end rig, and it wasn't when I built it.

I'd suggest running off and crying in the corner like the dope in your avatar, because that's basically what you are doing complaining about FPS optimization in a mid development and public testing environment.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2019-01-24 at 07:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where did I say anything about what kind of framerates I was getting? Oh wait, I never made that claim. I said it runs just fine on my system and it's far from a high end rig, and it wasn't when I built it.

I'd suggest running off and crying in the corner like the dope in your avatar, because that's basically what you are doing complaining about FPS optimization in a mid development and public testing environment.
    Well, to be fair. I am kind of crying. I'm so fkn butthurt this game isn't getting the direction it needs/deserves. For me, this game was going to be the biggest game of my life, the one game I always envisioned playing. I even did the kick starter when it was first announced. But I've been constantly let down by the development cycle, feature creep, and insanely incompetent management. It just blows. . . I have a bad feeling we will never get the ultimate space life sim we were promised almost 10 years ago.

Damn we're only in mid development now? I mean if this is the midway point hey you might have a release by what, 2024?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Most (as in 99.9%) take 2-5 years for full development to released product.

Star Citizen has been going for 8 years and is still in Alpha......

- - - Updated - - -

Yes....

Many idiots invest in stupid things, Look at how well Movie Pass is doing as a example.

Didn't know stating facts is toxic..
    The company was not fully manned until 2017, full development has only been going on the past 2 years, the company started of with 10 ppl and you expect a game of this size and complexity to be completed quicker than a standard sandbox game which is far easier than having to create all the tech to get.

Game has been in proper development 5-6 years max.

If the company was like what it is now from the start then the game should of been finished by now.

If you really believe someone would invest 46 million as a high risk investment, a few million maybe but 46 million is way too much to risk, investers don't get that rich by being stupid.

None of which you have said is fact and people are not even discussing the actual game which is the actual toxic part, people are just coming in here to bump up post counts and not actually discuss the game, if you hate the game,developer then fine if you have no interest in playing it then why are you here? At least be critical of things in game.

There is many games that have taken over 6 years to complete, Star citizen is unique and is on a larger scale than any game currently in existance, each ship has so much detail along with planets and everything. Falout 3 6 years, elder scrolls morrowind 6 years, starcraft 2 7 years, STO 6 years,
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2019-01-25 at 12:32 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

The company was not fully manned until 2017, full development has only been going on the past 2 years, the company started of with 10 ppl and you expect a game of this size and complexity to be completed quicker than a standard sandbox game which is far easier than having to create all the tech to get.

Game has been in proper development 5-6 years max.
    Which is it? 2 years or 5-6? Also no one in fucking hell is going to give the disaster that is SC credit for only being in development for 2 years because they weren't "fully manned". What is "proper" development?

- - - Updated - - -

If you really believe someone would invest 46 million as a high risk investment, a few million maybe but 46 million is way too much to risk, investers don't get that rich by being stupid.
    Dude go do some research about big money investors, they have shit fail all the time and many of them have lost more than 46 million in projects. It happens, to make super big money they gotta risk big money.

- - - Updated - - -

None of which you have said is fact and people are not even discussing the actual game which is the actual toxic part, people are just coming in here to bump up post counts and not actually discuss the game, if you hate the game,developer then fine if you have no interest in playing it then why are you here? At least be critical of things in game.
    Then report them to the mods if that is what you feel. I mean you are wrong and they are free to talk about whatever they want in regards to the game. There is no launched game to discuss. The game has been in development hell for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are still supporting this scam? How long has it been now? What's their roadmap looking like?

I'd suggest running off and crying in the corner like the dope in your avatar
    Gee, just when I thought I had solved the toxicity in this thread by asking people not to react emotionally whenever someone criticises the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    This game is so going to go the way of DayZ. Actually it sort of already there.
    Though one could argue that DayZ at least had a finished core concept.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2019-01-25 at 09:57 AM.

/facepalm

- - - Updated - - -

So you are ranting about not having an optimization patch while saying you haven't installed the game in a year.
    Well surprise in 3.4 they doubled the FPS numbers

About the investment:
    That's why CIG was valuated, because the whole company was put under a microscope before they were given 46million investment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SLSAMG View Post
    People are still supporting this scam? How long has it been now? What's their roadmap looking like?
    Lol how long it hasbeen?
    Same time CDPR spent on Cyberpunk which is just a singleplayer game.
    CIG makes 2 ganes + built up the company.
    Still it's called a scam because as a startup they haven't finished an MMO+ a singleplayer​ in the same time an established studio spent on their game.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly btw in general the denial of haters is getting to a new level of funny.

Someone who is good at businessand made billions already invest 46 million in CIG. We can say he knowsmore about running a business and investments that all of us armchair professionals.
    We know he did X-ray the company gone over tgeir books and everything because that's why they were evaluated.

Still the usual people are going to full denial saying he probably just throw in 46 million without investigation first and "rich people do dumb investments too"
    This is the total denial.

Quote Originally Posted by Malibutomi View Post
    Someone who is good at businessand made billions already invest 46 million in CIG.
    I wonder why. Maybe because Chris proved he can scam idiots quite effectively? It's nothing new. It's like many rich people became rich in a first place.

The company was not fully manned until 2017
    Was this staffing roadmap made clear to backers at the beginning?

Added for fun:

Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2019-01-25 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post

Added for fun:

Come on now, it was a typo, it meant 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post

Added for fun:

wow sad part is at the time 250 was a lot for me... now i would have jumped on it XD glad i didn't.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Come on now, it was a typo, it meant 2024.
    2024 is highly optimistic.

The game is like technically half way ready. Content wise they are in square one. At this pace 2028 looks more likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.