Page 1 of 2
LastLast

There are no major class overhauls planned in 8.1.5, have to wait for a new expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    • There are no major class overhauls planned in 8.1.5.
    • Complete overhauls of a spec (such as rotation and resource alterations) will most likely not happen in a patch and have to wait for a new expansion.
    Enhancement overhaul,
    Turns into number crunching,
    No major class overhauls announced for 8.1.5,
    Wait till next expansion.

BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    • All on the bench, all on suicide watch!
    • When they're actually just 2-3% behind.

Not understanding the frustrations or the feedback that was given.
    Last edited by Razaron; 2019-01-25 at 02:34 AM.

This fact is not new as of BfA.

But, anything to fuel that hyperbole.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post

More like calling drama queens out on their hyperbole.

What people fail to understand is that no matter what we feel, Blizzard's got access to actual facts and figures on everything ranging from player participation down to the very crunch of numbers among classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    This fact is not new as of BfA.

But, anything to fuel that hyperbole.

- - - Updated - - -

What people fail to understand is that no matter what we feel, Blizzard's got access to actual facts and figures on everything ranging from player participation down to the very crunch of numbers among classes.
    yes we know they care about metrics, in fact metrics above everything else; things like like fun.

It's not a damage issue so just addressing numbers is completely misleading and against any of the feedback that was given since alpha.

He's correct though. Stop being dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    yes we know they care about metrics, in fact metrics above everything else; things like like fun.
    What's fun or not is subjective.

Name the time that they managed to design the game in such ways that everyone found it fun. I'll wait.
    Hyperbole seems to be the only fun some of people know, so no wonder it's difficult making them happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Oholyknight View Post
    He's correct though. Stop being dramatic.
    Most of what I posted were direct quotes and a run down on what happened. My own opinon was stated at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron
    I hardly call that dramatic, if you wish to discuss the issues at hand please reply again. (If anyone was being dramatic it was Ion at blizzcon.)

It's not a damage issue so just addressing numbers is completely misleading and against any of the feedback that was given since alpha.
    What people tend to forget is "feedback" is only that, the company has literally zero obligation to view it as gospel and take said feedback to heart and make changes accordingly.

I say this as someone not thinking her class is very well designed in BfA. My feels =/= their numbers and feedback given from others that might not even agree with me, some probably including developers themselves.

But just to harken back to the original point since classes always had these crowds and discussions: Major class overhauls not happening in patches is NOT new as of BfA, so excluding it from the usual "worst expac evah according to x subgroups based on y metrics"-song is probably wise.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-01-25 at 02:19 AM.

Their response is not surprising at all. They've said many a time that they only do reworks for new expansions, and that enhance and shadow priest were completely fucked up for BFA release. Holding out for anything other than number tuning is pointless. If I hated my fav spec and didn't find any others enjoyable or even find any other classes fun I would quit. They're really not going to do anything until 9.0.

What people tend to forget is "feedback" is only that, the company has literally zero obligation to view it as gospel and take said feedback to heart and make changes accordingly.

I say this as someone not thinking her class is very well designed in BfA. My feels =/= their numbers and feedback given from others that might not even agree with me, some probably including developers themselves.
    I understand this, I never said they had to act on any feedback it's just they ignored it and when confronted we were given a generic response about damage numbers. This showed a clear lack of understanding of our frustrations, also mentions of a rework turning in to talent tuning and now with the, wait till next expansion a lot of people feel betrayed.

We're allowed to voice our concerns, this is all I'm doing.

Tbh BFA has been one failure after another, I dont think class overhauls are on the top of their to do lists. I would be happy if they just focused their efforts on the major stuff like Azerite and dropping small changes every now and then, from what I understood they are doing something to Ascendance according to Ion earlier today to make big CDs feel better with the current GCD lock.

I get that Enhancement feels clunky to play but both Enhancement and Elemental are putting out some monster DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I get that Enhancement feels clunky to play but both Enhancement and Elemental are putting out some monster DPS.
    It's not just clunky it's also what we bring to the table compared to other classes, it's why enhancement shamans often don't get picked for groups. I mean there's so much feedback out there from the top players who play the spec...

It's not just clunky it's also what we bring to the table compared to other classes, it's why enhancement shamans often don't get picked for groups. I mean there's so much feedback out there from the top players who play the spec...
    I think its not a shaman only issue, its a general issue with the game atm look at M+ in the past season.

Eh try playing DK dps. You have an AoE stun at least for M+ but I know what you mean. Not everyone plays Rogue and DH for melee dps

and the cycle continues

Quote Originally Posted by Cque View Post
    Tbh BFA has been one failure after another, I dont think class overhauls are on the top of their to do lists. I would be happy if they just focused their efforts on the major stuff like Azerite and dropping small changes every now and then, from what I understood they are doing something to Ascendance according to Ion earlier today to make big CDs feel better with the current GCD lock.
    I agree up to a point. I want them to abandon BfA and go full steam ahead with the next expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    The fact Blizzard are trying to pretend everything is fine is bewildering to me - they realise BFA is destroying the game and it's reputation right?
    So...what other games are still played as heavily as wow that were released in 2004?
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

5+ Year Old Account
    Didnt Blizzard state that they didn't have time to revamp Shamans like they did with the other classes when the Xpac came out & that changes would be coming? Months after release all we've got was some dmg increases and nothing else. Damage wasn't the problem. Now they're saying we have to wait til a new expansion for major class changes??? Wow thanks Blizzard. Glad I unsubbed lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Blame players that uses metric for doing basically anything in the game.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-01-25 at 06:30 PM.