Post [Poll] What Overwatch Character do you want to be added to HotS next?

Meh, u could cut most of them because 99% won't be added:
    - heroes who are too similar to existing ones - Soldier 76 (Raynor), McCree (Greymane), Roadhog (Stitches), Mercy (Morales/Auriel), Torbjorn (Gazlowe), Widowmaker (Nova), Mei (Jaina), Zenyatta (Stukov), Bastion (Hammer), Reaper (Valla), Ashe (Tychus/Raynor)
    - heroes with unimplementable mechanics - Orisa, Reinhardt, Winston, Brigitte, Symmetra (inpenetrable shield), Hammond, Pharah (3-dimensional),

So u are left with - Doomfist, Sombra and Moira

10+ Year Old Account
    All I want is Reinhardt with a Blackhand skin. ^^

Reinhardt would be my first choice.

I voted for Moira because I am heavily biased, but I admit that Zenyatta is a more deserving hero out of the two to be included.
    It's also probably to do with the difficulties of implementing a 'rotatable damage absorbing shield', but it is quite surprising that Reinhardt isn't already in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by skorpio View Post
    Meh, u could cut most of them because 99% won't be added:
    - heroes who are too similar to existing ones - Soldier 76 (Raynor), McCree (Greymane), Roadhog (Stitches), Mercy (Morales/Auriel), Torbjorn (Gazlowe), Widowmaker (Nova), Mei (Jaina), Zenyatta (Stukov), Bastion (Hammer), Reaper (Valla), Ashe (Tychus/Raynor)
    - heroes with unimplementable mechanics - Orisa, Reinhardt, Winston, Brigitte, Symmetra (inpenetrable shield), Hammond, Pharah (3-dimensional),

So u are left with - Doomfist, Sombra and Moira
    I think there is an arguement for Zenyatta and Mei that could warrant their inclusion. These are just some immediate ideas that sprang to mind:

Zenyatta could be a 'carry'-heavy support role, with only being able to target one hero for an indefinite heal-over-time. To alleviate this weakness, his trait could provide a burst of healing when he swaps his Orb of Harmony from one teammate to another - the catch being that Orb of Harmony has a 1 or 2 second cooldown, and the burst healing only occurs if Orb of Harmony has actively healed a hero for a certain amount of time. So, effectively, Orb of harmony charges up a burst heal for the next target of Orb of Harmony AFTER it has accumulated enough healing from the initial target, which would use up the stocked healing, and it would need to charge up again.
    Talents could provide Orb of Harmony with more healing on the next swap, or a pulse of healing to anyone next to the Orb of Harmony target. Orb of Discord could provide lifesteal on its target after being talented.

As for Mei, 'Force Wall' as part of a hero's base kit seems strong, but people also said the same about 'Divine Shield' on a 9-second~ cooldown with Medivh, so it could work. Anywho, Ice Wall would be her W (perhaps it could have health to make it breakable). Her Q could be a targeted spray (like Tychus' Overkill) that freezes [stuns] an enemy after 2 or 3 seconds of cast time. Her E would be her Ice Block, but to balance this out, it could be breakable, like Kerrigan's Chrysalis (available as stasis later in the form of a talent or quest after enough damage has been absorbed). Her trait could provide some additional damage to heroes afflicted by slows or 'freeze', as she lacks damaging abilities.

To clarify, these aren't necessarily the heroes I WANT in the game, but I think there is certainly enough creativity in their designs that would help set them apart from the others you have compared them to. Plus, theorycrafting hero kits is fun.
    Last edited by Arachnophobia; 2019-01-25 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Replying

7+ Year Old Account
    All I want is Reinhardt.

Old Crusader Knight of Overwatch would be Awesome to have in the Nexus.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Reinhardt, bay-bee! There are a few others I'd want (Pharah, Mei, Bastion) but I love that big guy.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Gotta throw another vote towards Reinhardt!

Aren't most Overwatches heroes annoying to play against with a tendency to suck the fun out of a match?

I vote none.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    Voted Rein since 1) He is my favourite Overwatch hero and 2) If he was implemented I'd actually play HotS.

Mei.

Watch the world burn.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Aren't most Overwatches heroes annoying to play against with a tendency to suck the fun out of a match?

I vote none.
    Yes, because Blizzard doesn't just take the Overwatch heroes and use them as 'inspiration' for a HotS-a-fied version of the character. Rather, they try to keep the hero 1:1 functioning the way they do in Overwatch, which results in terrible fucking design and characters that are either top tier broken or unusuably bad.