Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

DKs rock bottom again in Dazar'alor?

Hi, just checked out Warcraftlogs and while these numbers are subject to change due to a relatively small sample size compared to Uldir what the hell happened?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/21/

Last I checked FDK was king in Uldir (dmgwise) and now both Frost and Unholy are pretty far down making DKs the worst dps-class once again (closely followed by monks).
    Last edited by Galathir; 2019-01-25 at 08:48 AM.

Yepp Frost DKs did gain a new ability this season, "free fall" in the DPS charts. Sooo booring after all the work i did put in my DK Well...i have a shaman alt lvl 110....time to put on the leveling gloves again the only class/spec thats even worse is arm warriors.
    DPS charts on Noxxic based on Simcraft tell us the same story...
    Last edited by Misstight; 2019-01-25 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Misstight View Post
    the only class/spec thats even worse is arm warriors.
    Indeed with Fury not being a lot better, however as of right now every other class has at least one specc that's better than the highest DK specc which is a spot we have unfortunately been in more than once.

I am just confused because there were no relevant nerfs that could cause Frost to fall this far down. I guess the biggest cause is many bosses in Dazar'alor being single target without the kind of big addburst that Frost shined at.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2019-01-25 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Indeed with Fury not being a lot better, however as of right now every other class has at least one specc that's better than the highest DK specc which is a spot we have unfortunately been in more than once.

I am just confused because there were no relevant nerfs that could cause Frost to fall this far down. I guess the biggest cause is many bosses in Dazar'alor being single target without the kind of big addburst that Frost shined at.
    According to Noxxic based on Simcraft we did deacent DPS on single target before the patch. With BIS gear we where on the 9th place, not far behind no1. We did most aoe damage on 3 targets though...and now its realy bad.

Frost is only decent if you can tunnel the boss and keep BoS up, if you cant tunnel the boss, like most fight in dazar you wont pull top dps. Also not many adds where you can pad with Frostwyrm fury like uldir had.

Sometimes you're king sometimes you're shit.. stop crying... you can't be top of the charts all the time. End of story.

Hi, just checked out Warcraftlogs and while these numbers are subject to change due to a relatively small sample size compared to Uldir what the hell happened?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/21/

Last I checked FDK was king in Uldir (dmgwise) and now both Frost and Unholy are pretty far down making DKs the worst dps-class once again (closely followed by monks).

Well the Major issue is that all of our spec related Azerite traits suck so getting 2x class traits is a larger leap in DPS for other classes (this goes for blood as well as the best blood traits dont stack in all facets) however Unholy should start gaining on Frost since it actually has an issue with too many good (or nessecary if you want to call it) traits.

like Fury warriors can now get 6 traits that all increase the dmg of a single ability(rampage) and add extra utlity in proccing there Major Cooldown.
    Enhance Shamans basically get Momento of Angerboda built into there class by tripple stacking a single trait.

and then they nerfed BoS by 10% to counter its scaling improvement it would gain from higher STR/Crit/Mast/Vers/Haste that comes with the ilvl jump we will all get. outside of Mage the specs that are strong now are just the ones with really overtuned azerite traits and that they can now run 3x3 of there best ones.

15+ Year Old Account
    DPSing in this expansion is a joke. Multidotting ranged and rogues are the only things designed with these types of encounters in mind.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Azerite and encounter design are the major problem here, and this actually encompasses all DK specs, not just the DPS ones. To be fair however, encounter design for the most part doesn't really fuck blood DKs that much.

Dazar'alor has a lot of movement, few add fights, and the add fights that are present benefit classes who can multidot far more than either DK spec. Opulence is about the only encounter where DKs might shine from a DPS perspective. I actually like frost, but the spec itself requires you to sit on a target for a decent amount of time to actually do worthwhile damage. Again, due to encounter design this isn't really possible on a lot of the encounters, especially the ones that matter.

The common problem with all DK specs is Azerite traits though. Frost and Unholy both have really piss poor class specific traits in regards to raiding with the exception of Festermight (which isn't exactly OP on the majority of raid encounters). Unholy actually has very good traits in M+, but that's because M+ is centered around AoE usually. Frost by comparison has terrible raid traits, and simply okay M+ traits. On the tanking side, Blood arguably has the worst traits in the entire game.

When you add this altogether you see why some classes start to fall, without their actually being any major class changes. Adding an extra Azerite ring is fantastic for classes with 2-3 strong options, especially if those options are great in both M+ and raiding. When you have classes with sub-par class specific traits and you can suddenly have six of them total, balance issues really start to arise.

It makes me puke currently as a blood DK being forced to take a blood specific traits on the outer ring. Additionally the excitement level of the raid drop Azerite pieces is low, considering treacherous covenant is pretty dangerous to take (not that the uptime would be good anyway), bonded souls is meh, and running around finding Bwonsamdi isn't exactly an option all of the time if you're tanking a boss.

I miss the days we were at least mid pack with 1 spec. But yep looks like we will be lower tier dps.

And Blizzard does its usual bandaid fix to Unholy...

And Blizzard does its usual bandaid fix to Unholy...
    They will probably keep buffing DC every single patch like they did in legion lol.

When will they ever learn.

See just bring back Blood DPS and DK 's will be king once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    They will probably keep buffing DC every single patch like they did in legion lol.

When will they ever learn.
    Exactly what I thought. Pretty sure it was buffed at least three times during Legion. God forbid they do some actual work and buff some talents to give us more choice on different encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    Exactly what I thought. Pretty sure it was buffed at least three times during Legion. God forbid they do some actual work and buff some talents to give us more choice on different encounters.
    20% extra damage on top of the one we are getting on death coil and buffing gargoyle to actualy be good on pure ST fight we would be golden.

Yepp Frost DKs did gain a new ability this season, "free fall" in the DPS charts. Sooo booring after all the work i did put in my DK Well...i have a shaman alt lvl 110....time to put on the leveling gloves again the only class/spec thats even worse is arm warriors.
    DPS charts on Noxxic based on Simcraft tell us the same story...
    if you want to play enhance i would strongly suggest not playing a shaman...If you enjoy both elemental and enhance then it's a decent class to change to, just play elemental in any meaningful content. I expected a drop for DKs so decided to level my mage when i resubbed. Enjoying frost mage a lot. Also, frost dk is boring af to play so i just dont see myself playing my dk much anymore outside of trying to finish pathfinder achievements then doing pathfinder part 2 on it since he's probably going to be the closest to it.

- - - Updated - - -

According to Noxxic based on Simcraft we did deacent DPS on single target before the patch. With BIS gear we where on the 9th place, not far behind no1. We did most aoe damage on 3 targets though...and now its realy bad.
    using noxxic as a resource is just bad....they're always wrong and they always suck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Sometimes you're king sometimes you're shit.. stop crying... you can't be top of the charts all the time. End of story.
    spoken like someone who doesn't play a DK....it's perfectly fine to fall down some spots....going from a top three to bottom five spec(Frost, unholy was always middle at best) isn't really something that should be acceptable...it means scaling is an issue...and has been since cataclysm...and instead of them actually fixing the spec they just say shit like things are fine
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2019-01-27 at 11:04 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's far too early to judge, wait a few weeks once people start getting the new gear and the combinations of traits before you cry about dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidywoidy View Post
    It's far too early to judge, wait a few weeks once people start getting the new gear and the combinations of traits before you cry about dps.
    this is said every single time....and every single time DKs get even worse since our scaling sucks...and has always sucked since cataclysm....Frost more than unholy...but they both suck scaling wise. In order for frost to be good in Antorus they had to give us a set bonus that increased damage by two of our main abilities by 15%(that's a huge amount of scaling needed on a set bonus). Things won't get better for DKs, they will get worse...that's how it's always been when they drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always sad since dps dk's get ignored most of the time about balance since blood is always good, so people just see op dk even though its just our tank spec.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Yepp Frost DKs did gain a new ability this season, "free fall" in the DPS charts.
    While this is very funny the real joke is

According to Noxxic
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."