Warmode % based on..?

I am quite curious how the warmode bonus is defined - for example, if all Alliance turns off warmode right now and never turns it on for the next 5 days, would we still get 400 boxie?

Additionally, I usually prep all my AP quests to 90% with warmode off, then quickly clear them with warmode on, then turn it off again. How does that impact the warmode statistics to what the bonus should be?

10+ Year Old Account
    1: yes. The way bliz explained it, the faction with the least partitipation in warmode gets more benefit and the loot quest.

2: we don't know how they count partitipation

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    1: yes. The way bliz explained it, the faction with the least partitipation in warmode gets more benefit and the loot quest.

2: we don't know how they count partitipation
    they dont at least not dynamicaly - they clearly manipulate it manualy basen on some sort of internal statistics - thats why they said that next week allience will have 25% and 385 loot.

I assume that wm stats consider just the # of players with wm activated at any given time, quests etc. won't be considered. They said in a recent interview that they've halved the gap between horde and alliance, implying that it's still there, but the bonus will start dropping. We don't know whether it's adjusted dynamically and in what granularity yet, since horde still has a massive advantage.

It's a manual button they press.

On the Q&A they said something along the lines of "it works on 5% increases/decreases.

They said the Alliance participation is better so probably next week we will see the buff being 25% and not 30% anymore.

I think this was it...could be wrong and remembering it incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    they dont at least not dynamicaly - they clearly manipulate it manualy basen on some sort of internal statistics - thats why they said that next week allience will have 25% and 385 loot.
    the question is rather if its possible to make sure alliance gets the full bonus and i400 item every week by simply turning it off on time?

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    the question is rather if its possible to make sure alliance gets the full bonus and i400 item every week by simply turning it off on time?
    This is the last week it will be a 400 item level.

Next week it will be a 385 RIP

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean blizzard has always had dumb ways to look at statistics so maybe. But the reward won't be 400ilvl again for a little while because they are intentionally lowering it, balance reasons and what not, regardless of who gets the quest.

The iLvl change is deliberate and has nothing to do with participation. They just don't think people should be getting 400s this easily in the first weeks of the season.

Also, they said "it might be 25%", not "it will be".

they also said alliance population on wm has only doubled since the buffs. which is literally nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    This is the last week it will be a 400 item level.

Next week it will be a 385 RIP
    Same was said for the current warfront going up and that you would have to wait until the next full cycle, yet alliance US got 400 reward for it too.

Same was said for the current warfront going up and that you would have to wait until the next full cycle, yet alliance US got 400 reward for it too.
    Bastards. I missed that one because im EU

Also, everyone who got 400 azerite pieces on the pvp world quest are....bastards

very possible it will happen in 2 weeks - next week nobody on allience will use WM because gear reward is shit which means it will hit in full swing in 2 weeks time

to fullfill Ion's quota of "we gotta make horde stop using WM any means possible"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Bastards. I missed that one because im EU

Also, everyone who got 400 azerite pieces on the pvp world quest are....bastards
    i guess im bastard got 400 itlv helm on my allience DH - would prefer 400 itlv weapon though weapon would have at least chance to wf to 410

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JepJepa View Post
    they also said alliance population on wm has only doubled since the buffs. which is literally nothing.
    dont worry it will be back to old numbers once 400 itlv item is gone.

i guess im bastard got 400 itlv helm on my allience DH - would prefer 400 itlv weapon though weapon would have at least chance to wf to 410
    I got a 400 weapon on my main rogue
    I would prefer an azerite piece though

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they said if one was currently active it'd stay what it was before, but as soon as the timer ticked over to the new season, any new cycle would get 400.

US alliance got 400 because their cycle started after the patch, EU alliance didn't because their cycle started before

And the US got their next cycle a few hours after the season started, so they got 400s. EU got their next cycle before the season started, so they get 385. Both will get 400 come next switch.

Blizzard just did what they said they would.