Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    so did i and everyone with allience alts. 7.5 min for 400 itlv azerite helm on dh , on hunter 400 itlv weapon in 12 minutes .

siting on flightpath with 50 other people and 200 groups to choose in group finder "farming flightpath X "

ofc everyone will do this - its free hc raid gear

and its breaking game. on purpose . by lead game designer.

wow hit low like never before

makes you wonder - if in 8.2 they will start giving away mythic raiding loot - because why not ? what is stoping them now ?
    Yes, because Blizzard when made this quests didnt take in consideration "the path of least resistance"...which is this...

Also didnt take in consideration that World PvP in the past was almost always random 1v1's.
    World PvP at its best is a solo experience.

Ofcourse "group content" can be fun. OFCOURSE. Sporadically!!!!

The main thing is WPVP never had any bonuses to it and all of a sudden playing on a pvp shard needs a shit ton of extras? Why throw 14 years of experience away?

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    The main thing is WPVP never had any bonuses to it and all of a sudden playing on a pvp shard needs a shit ton of extras? Why throw 14 years of experience away?
    They are probably afraid that the overwhelming majority of players would never turn it on if it were not for some kind of bonus. Hell, Alliance won't even turn it on for 30%. Though I imagine if there was no bonus it would level out since a similar percentage of players would have it on from both factions (say 5-10% of each faction) and you would see a lot more small encounters (1-5 vs 1-5) since there would be a lot less players on there in general.

Also, in the past people got around PvP servers by having servers with 4-10:1 faction ratios which means there is basically terrible for the "1" side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Its kinda weird. Are horde complaining that they are getting farmed by better geared players who unfairly got gear? Or are they complaining that using gear as an incentive to kill horde is unfair?

I logged in, saw the quest, turned warmode on, killed some horde, got my piece, turned warmode off. I assume most non WM ally are doing the same.
    Complaining they are getting farmed by the Alliance because they get a piece of equipment, nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poppets View Post
    Ive been experiencing this as well since there were FP's to camp, as a Horde...the only difference is I never got a free 400 and 30%.
    Of course you didn't get 30%, Horde is still a higher number than Alliance in Warmode.

And there's no 'free' 400 ilvl piece, you still have to go get the kills.

- - - Updated - - -

"We want horde to stop using WM" ("because allience are to big cowards to use it otherwise and i wont see my next quaterly bonus if i dont change it")

Ion 2019
    Horde who doesn't wish to PvP, to be exact.

nobody is complaining about getting killed in pvp
    But, there is, many of them. Just look at the thread.

but allience doesnt do pvp
    Apparently they do, just look at the thread.

they farm people on flightpaths.
    What is the thread? Pot calling kettle black? Or is it more, vengeance? Thought Horde were hooked on that.

but its typical for weaker welfare fraction
    You say weaker, yet here we are, the Horde complaining about Warmode and Alliance, yet can't accept the same answer that the Alliance got when they complained.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalerender View Post
    'eh, Alliance turn it on, get their free loot, turn it off.

Horde keep it on and leave it on, even when being farmed to give the Alliance a leg up.

So the 'swing' stays blue. Oh well.
    Warmode is on 24/7 on 8 of my 24 characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I mean this proves that there was no advantage given to the horde since Alliance are fully capable of forming groups. Only difference now is the alliance get a 30% buff and an extra 400 ilvl piece.
    The advantage falls short once your group of 10 meets a Horde group of 30.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    It's not the alliance raids I'm annoyed about, it's the tangible iLvl 400 loot that has caused the 2nd best guild in the world to transfer to alliance for half a week. Isn't that concerning to anyone? It really should be.
    Nope, not a concern. Slightly greedy but else not a concern.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not the alliance raids I'm annoyed about, it's the tangible iLvl 400 loot that has caused the 2nd best guild in the world to transfer to alliance for half a week. Isn't that concerning to anyone? It really should be.
    Why? No, seriously, why should that mean anything to the playerbase? One of the top guilds in the world spending massive amounts of gold for a potential minor edge means literally nothing to me. It's not even widespread among top guilds...

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Buddy, did you even listen to the Q&A or do you just hear what you want to hear?

They delayed Kul Tirans because it required them to create a completely new model with new animation rigging, rather than using an existing rig like with every other Allied Race. They thought they couldn't finish them in time for launch so they were considering other options, but ultimately decided they could have them finished in time for 8.1.5 so they moved Dark Iron dwarves up to launch and delayed Zandalari trolls to 8.1.5 and moved Mag'har up to 8.0.1 so they could release the Zandalari at the same time as Kul Tirans.

That is not an afterthought. That is the new Alliance Allied Race taking longer because they actually got the "full new race" treatment. They said it took as much time and resources to make the Kul Tiran models as it did to make the pandaren models. And at the same time, the most anticipated Horde Allied Race got delayed to accommodate it.
    Making a new race takes a long time to do, and they weren't sure they could do Kul Tiran at launch. The original intent was to have Dark Iron Dwarf and Zandalari as Allied Races at Battle of Azeroth's launch. Since they now are able to do Kul Tiran, it made sense for the story and with Zandalari Troll, they'll unlock when each faction gains their trust in 8.1.5.
    Aka....they already had zandalari ready. And they did not have kul tirans ready. And yes rigging does take time...so does making complete new druids forms for zandalari.
    Yes they needed more time the butt ugly alliance race. ( hate everything about them 2behonest). But they are still a after thought. And btw...the kul tirans body's where already ingame as npcs...so a good portion of the work was already done.

It is concerning... that people are that pathetic.

The answer if you don't like it is to turn off warmode... That will mean less horde in warmode, which means the alliance warmode buff will eventually lessen and over time the alliance that are only doing it for the buff will turn war mode off.

Why?
    Do you not remember WoD and the bmah fiasco?
    So a top guild transferred for a single piece of heroic level loot that for likely half of them is a downgrade

Gonna laugh when they fail to get world first

Heck the loot is maybe the same as a vantus rune worth of a buff at most and it will last a week

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    It is concerning... that people are that pathetic.
    You ain't wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    They are back to the horde, like most of the mythic raiding guild, happy now? What really concern me is that everybody fine with having an all red mythic race.

On the main subject, what funny is the Alliance still have the buff, so the Horde are still over numbering in WM. Yet, you still complain you get farmed. Who is bad now?
    You obviously don't understand how Blizzard's sharding system works. Sadly, anyone trying to explain it again in a manner you might possibly understand would be wasting their time and effort.

This isn't about Horde or Alliance, this is about Blizzard and their idiotic handouts, specifically ones that favor one side or the other due to their bullshit ideas.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    The answer if you don't like it is to turn off warmode... That will mean less horde in warmode, which means the alliance warmode buff will eventually lessen and over time the alliance that are only doing it for the buff will turn war mode off.
    Doubtful. If our buff hasn't lessened after us outnumbering them on most shards at this point, we aren't likely to lose it for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    This isn't about Horde or Alliance, this is about Blizzard and their idiotic handouts, specifically ones that favor one side or the other due to their bullshit ideas.
    Sorry, not sorry. Blizzard has favored the Horde since vanilla. The horde has outnumbered the Alliance since vanilla. The Alliance finally gets something to even the odds and the Horde complains.

Cry me a river.
    In my day we didn't have World of Warcraft or Guild Wars. We had World War 2, and when you shot at the Germans it aggroed five thousand of their friends!

"A blind, deaf, comatose lobotomy patient could feel my anger!!"

Here, let me reply as all the other horde have done so in the past.

Waa. Waa.
    Born too late to explore the earth
    Born too soon to explore the galaxy
    Born just in time to browse dank memes

Quote Originally Posted by Gendibal View Post
    Did it tonight, no WM on until they give 30% and free ilvl to the horde. Tonight Vol'dun was alliance territory, literally 5 bountys on my shard, 2-3 partys camping every FP. 10% increased reward doesnt payoff for the total amount of time I've been unable to do WQs.
    haha, thats how it was past 4 months on alliance side, doesnt it feel nice right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Doubtful. If our buff hasn't lessened after us outnumbering them on most shards at this point, we aren't likely to lose it for a while.
    Do you have any actual proof that Alliance has outnumbered Horde on any shards let alone "most"? Even if a shard has 50 horde and 40 alliance players and there is 35 alliance in Dazalor killing the 25 AFK/straggler horde players while another 25 horde is off doing WQ and 5 alliance doing WQ.. that is still Horde out numbering Alliance even if people in Dazalor see it the other way. Gonna guess you just pulled that out of your ass though, especially the "most" part.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maglen View Post
    Sorry, not sorry. Blizzard has favored the Horde since vanilla. The horde has outnumbered the Alliance since vanilla. The Alliance finally gets something to even the odds and the Horde complains.

Cry me a river.
    Alliance had more during WoD, so this is incorrect. It is hard to demonstrate with current tools, but if you look @ level 100 players only on realm pop you'll see a shitton of abandoned Humans.
    Last edited by Bhorin; 2019-01-26 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Typo + fixing numbers to add up correctly.

Cry me a river.
    what do you mean out numbered since classic? clearly you didnt play it back then from that statement.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    When you're out in the world there is a tension, you can attempt to stick around other players, you can prepare, you can see them coming, you can escape. Even if only for the sense of danger that comes with it, I would say that there is something to having WM on in enemy territory where enemies could come over the horizon and swarm you, even if nothing actually comes from it.

When you come in from a FP, you have no way of knowing what's coming, no means to fight back or escape. When you're flying in to Terrace of the Devoted as a Horde player to knock out a Shell Game quest and a dozen Alliance players phase in around you at the moment you land and gank you, before you even have time to react.

There is no gameplay there. It's completely one-sided.

Don't tell me that this is the kind of wPVP that Blizzard wants to promote. It obviously isn't the intended result.

What's worse, many of these Alliance players are just going to turn wPVP back off after they get the reward, so it's doing jack shit to actually balance things.
    Well, sticking to other players is hard when there are none. That is kind of the problem on alliance side, haha. But the one-sided-ness is kind of the point here. For me, being ganked on a FP is just as one-sided as being killed by incoming horde trying to do that worldquest. a 1v3+ is just as one-sided as being mulched after stepping off of the FP. It just takes a little longer. The only real counterplay there, if no one ever comes over to help you, is to either wait until there is no Horde about, or just drop WM. Same as the FP issue. Only a bit worse, since being camped on a WQ means you cannot get stuff done. Being killed once or twice on a FP just slows you down a bit. But quick rez and run away and you can get stuff done, whereas hoping for a moment when no horde wants that CoA boss can take much longer.

Cry me a river.
    Are you high? Alliance in the US have always had a ever-so-slightly higher population than the Horde since forever.

I'm can't believe this thread and at the same time I'm laughing so hard my family is looking at me like I'm crazy. All the times Horde players insulted Alliance players with "Git Gud""lrn2play", etc, etc. For all the years of camping flightpaths and all the things Horde have done they are now whining and crying about Alliance doing it to them! What hypocrisy! And calling us cowards and other petty insults on top of it for not turning on WM to get away from all that camping so we could actually play the game without being dead all the time! Or how the Horde would be so much better geared because of the better gear they had from all their ganking/camping and their complaining about 1 or 2 pieces that the Alliance is getting!? LMAO!

I'm sorry, at first I wasn't going to say anything, but the more I read of this thread, the more I had to say what I thought. I'm dying from laughter here. The Karma!

I do agree with others though, in the end I don't think WM should have any rewards. It really does mess things up. It should be for those who truly want to be involved in the PVP scene. People on both factions took advantage of the rewards that really are not that interested in PVP.
    Karma always has the last laugh.