Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TickerDS View Post
    A good step in the right direction.

The Witcher franchise has been able to tell a solid, complete story that has taken itself seriouosly -- but also knows when to relax and have fun...all while providing an evolving gameplay standard that still stayed loyal to what started in the first game as it continued to evolve into a better playing game.

Almost every franchise at Blizzard right now lacks a steady hand to guide it. His role is unknown of course, but if he can help refocus the efforts of the staff and help teach/force teams to work together and communicate to create cohesive games again that would be the dream.

Also worth it to note he has been at a company that basically has focused on single player content 100% of the time that has also made fully fleshed out games not dependent on DLC or micro transactions. (though they have had some solid DLC)

Perhaps he is developing that dark souls like Diablo that was rumored and fell apart?

- - - Updated - - -

While you may be right, sometimes all it takes is having someone a few rungs down from the top that can convince those above them that it is WORTH doing something to get it done.

If someone can convince the big wigs that games can stand by themselves as a singular product and are worth the time and money to develop, not needing microtransactions or rushed releases, and then follows through with it -- it could shift things back.
    I was about to chime in with something similar to Wolfman31, as I agree with what he said and I am pretty apprehensive about what this will mean for Blizzard right now.

But you make a pretty good point. The old adage of "All the real work is done on the golf course" comes to mind. If this guy makes friends with those above him, he could definitely influence their decisions. I dare say you've managed to nudge me just a small bit toward hopeful here.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually....I just realized. Has anyone considered a scenario where perhaps he made the move to Blizz because he had been fighting the others at CDPR for years to increase monetization, create more paid DLC, and/or <insert whatever here> and this was merely the opportunity for him to join an organization whose values more closely resemble his own?
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    That's not precisely all you initially said.

Claiming I 'have absolutely no idea' based on a guess which is supported by reports about the salaries from people working or that worked at CDPR no less, is really absurd and a tad pedantic.
    You have absolutely no idea.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2019-01-25 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You have absolutely no idea.
    Well, now you're just trolling. Not surprised though.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alopex Major View Post
    Hope this means we'll finally get a single-player RPG but as others have said, they seem to be focused on esports now.
    Blizzard is hell-bent on MUH ESPURTZ today, and has been for quite some time. The funny part is that they keep failing at that: only OW had managed to get a decent viewership, and it's getting stale af as of late.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Blizzard is hell-bent on MUH ESPURTZ today, and has been for quite some time. The funny part is that they keep failing at that: only OW had managed to get a decent viewership, and it's getting stale af as of late.
    More like they have only succeeded when they weren't actively trying.

A beautiful, creative voice that will most likely be drowned by louder voices from upper high in the chain. Such a shame.

What a downgrade lol must be more cash.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Actually....I just realized. Has anyone considered a scenario where perhaps he made the move to Blizz because he had been fighting the others at CDPR for years to increase monetization, create more paid DLC, and/or <insert whatever here> and this was merely the opportunity for him to join an organization whose values more closely resemble his own?
    In theory possible but those people that exclusively want to increase the profit of a company do not work in the creative department, they usually work in the financial department or Sales and Marketing, where money is actually made.

It's people whose job it is to directly increase the profit of a company that generally push for these things, not the people that want to increase profit by creating a good product.

Besides, people on the creative team, unless they're also a higher up in the company, rarely have a say in such matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Considering they've ditched HotS and use it to cross promote other Blizzard products in the future, think Blizzard might be leaving the E-sport train.
    OW E-sport scene also seems like a Giant with the feet of clay.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    What a downgrade lol must be more cash.
    Well, while CDPR are doing awesome games, reports from people working here are not that good. I personally know one guy who worked there and he said it was mixed bag of good and bad experience and he would prefer to work in better conditions even if it would mean to work on much more smaller or less know projects.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully Blizzard tries their hand at an RPG

That's all i take this as! Give me that Warcraft RPG, screw the fucking RTS at that point

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    Hopefully Blizzard tries their hand at an RPG

That's all i take this as! Give me that Warcraft RPG, screw the fucking RTS at that point
    We know a Diablo 4 is in production, tho far off, likely he will work on that.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    We know a Diablo 4 is in production, tho far off, likely he will work on that.
    Oh I know, but I'm still deciding to take it as a sign that an RPG will come out of this

too bad anyone with creativity level of a potato or higher will be placed on shitty mobile games and Overwatch while WoW remains with some old devs who ran out of creativity few years ago.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    In theory possible but those people that exclusively want to increase the profit of a company do not work in the creative department, they usually work in the financial department or Sales and Marketing, where money is actually made.

It's people whose job it is to directly increase the profit of a company that generally push for these things, not the people that want to increase profit by creating a good product.

Besides, people on the creative team, unless they're also a higher up in the company, rarely have a say in such matters.

Considering they've ditched HotS and use it to cross promote other Blizzard products in the future, think Blizzard might be leaving the E-sport train.
    OW E-sport scene also seems like a Giant with the feet of clay.
    Oh dear.

I was definitely just trying to make a satirical joke about Blizz there. Wasn't being serious. XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Hopefully is is taking Ions job
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

7+ Year Old Account
    can someone tell me how we spin this as a negative?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    The culture of the company has to change from the top down. Someone in the middle can't make much of a difference.
    wait nevermind, commented before I read -- carry on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully he'll make impact of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Hopefully he'll make impact of some sort.
    I read being creative director, he has control over storytellig and decisions about gameplay/microtranscions over all the company games, this could mean by the next expansion and the upcomings games of blizzard, he could had a heavy control in their developments, my guess they want the next expansion being a big hit alongside diablo inmortal and some new game that is probably in early alpha
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Hopefully is is taking Ions job
    Ion isn’t the creative director. Asfariabi is.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    People change jobs.
    Sometimes they conform, hopefully not