Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Unhappy What do you miss?

I saw the Warrior forums had a thread like this and I decided to start one here as well. What do you miss about being a Rogue in WoW that no longer exists?

For me it's all the fundamental Rogue abilities I had for so long that were pruned. Keybinds I'd loved for so many years, like:

2 (Stealth Bar) - Garrote
    3 - Hemorrhage
    4 - Gouge
    5 - Shiv
    Shift 1 - Premeditation
    Ctrl 1 - Slice and Dice

Also a very big thing I miss is the old pre-Cataclysm Vanish behavior. You had to be a lot more careful and precise to use it, but the upside was tremendous if you got good at using it to immune incoming attacks.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Infinite SnD from WoD.

I essentially started playing in WoD (yikes) but I really miss Subtlety during HFC. Getting gud then being great at it was awesome for raids.

I miss the old Hemorrhage we had in Black Temple and TBC. I gotta be honest and say I don't remember it THAT good but I do remember loving the specc at the time. My current one, Assassination is fine and all but not the same feeling
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrilina
    Do we girls get an E.B.O.O.B.S. (Equipment-Based OverpOwered Best-in-Slot) number?

Recuperate and wrath assassination i guess. But its fine as it is now.

Poisons as a profession, although I will admit its easier now and nice to not have to worry if you are going to have vials while running behind for a raid.
    Pick pocket being unique and more than just a way to get 50s, remember pick pocketing every boss, just in case they had something unique.

10+ Year Old Account
    Old school posion and old school lockpicking. Also Burst of Speed, god I miss that ability!
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!

Quote Originally Posted by Drub View Post
    I essentially started playing in WoD (yikes) but I really miss Subtlety during HFC. Getting gud then being great at it was awesome for raids.
    While WoD Subtlety wasn't the masterpiece in PvP that previous versions (TBC, WotLK, Cata) were, it was still a great balance between a fantastic PvE spec and fantastic PvP spec that everyone could enjoy. I understand they redesigned it to make it more appealing to casuals in both PvE and PvP but this is peak foolishness because Rogue is a pure melee leather agility dps class with 3 pure melee leather agility dps specs, and Combat and Assassination were already fantastic accessible options.

There is no need to apologize if you started playing the game in WoD, unless you are going to be one of the uninformed people holding very strong opinions about the design of the spec with no understanding of the historical context. Thanks for sharing your experience as a new Rogue who started in WoD.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Combat and pre-weapon normalization, using barman shanker in SS/TM on drinking mages.

Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    Combat and pre-weapon normalization, using barman shanker in SS/TM on drinking mages.
    I never found one shotting clothies due to un-normalized AP contribution to weapon damage to be challenging, interesting, rewarding, or fun, particularly compared the very interesting and engaging PvP gameplay that existed for almost every iteration of the class until 7.0.3 patch.

For example https://youtu.be/xF4Rx1sQYQU

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    I never found one shotting clothies due to un-normalized AP contribution to weapon damage to be challenging, interesting, rewarding, or fun, particularly compared the very interesting and engaging PvP gameplay that existed for almost every iteration of the class until 7.0.3 patch.

For example https://youtu.be/xF4Rx1sQYQU
    One shotting someone that thought they got away was both hilarious and fell into the "assassination" 1 shot 1 kill RP of attacking someone in a moment of weakness. Was it the same feeling of hitting gladiator or hwl rank? No, but it didn't have to be. Of course, YMMV and you asked a very subjective question. Sorry if my comment somehow angered you.

Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    One shotting someone that thought they got away was both hilarious and fell into the "assassination" 1 shot 1 kill RP of attacking someone in a moment of weakness. Was it the same feeling of hitting gladiator or hwl rank? No, but it didn't have to be. Of course, YMMV and you asked a very subjective question. Sorry if my comment somehow angered you.
    Angry isn't the correct word, I was just a little bit disappointed :P

Cheers and have a great day

― Douglas Adams

RIP Swirly ball.
    TBC - Combat Sword or getting to be the hemo buff bot in Black Temple.
    WotLK - Mutilate with weapon swapping. Get 5 stacks of deadly, then DW daggers with dual instant poison. Made for some silly numbers.
    But I think the most that bothers me is WoD subt (and abusing NElf shadowmeld as a way to stealth and get an additional ambush). I did steady raiding with my rogue through most expansions (either as main or alt). WoD subt and combat was some of the most fun I had on my rogue. Subt in Legion was ok, but just didn't compare. I played enough of it to get challenge appearances for outlaw and sin, but that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimzum View Post
    RIP Swirly ball.
    TBC - Combat Sword or getting to be the hemo buff bot in Black Temple.
    WotLK - Mutilate with weapon swapping. Get 5 stacks of deadly, then DW daggers with dual instant poison. Made for some silly numbers.
    But I think the most that bothers me is WoD subt (and abusing NElf shadowmeld as a way to stealth and get an additional ambush). I did steady raiding with my rogue through most expansions (either as main or alt). WoD subt and combat was some of the most fun I had on my rogue. Subt in Legion was ok, but just didn't compare. I played enough of it to get challenge appearances for outlaw and sin, but that was it.
    Swirlyball: The Original Anti-Prune Movement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUeMoaTzghU

With that being said, Swirlyball currently exists as the minor glyph of detection. When you activate the glyph, you learn the ability in your spellbook.

The lesson from all this is that organizing against pruning WORKS and gets results.

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    While WoD Subtlety wasn't the masterpiece in PvP that previous versions (TBC, WotLK, Cata) were, it was still a great balance between a fantastic PvE spec and fantastic PvP spec that everyone could enjoy. I understand they redesigned it to make it more appealing to casuals in both PvE and PvP but this is peak foolishness because Rogue is a pure melee leather agility dps class with 3 pure melee leather agility dps specs, and Combat and Assassination were already fantastic accessible options.

There is no need to apologize if you started playing the game in WoD, unless you are going to be one of the uninformed people holding very strong opinions about the design of the spec with no understanding of the historical context. Thanks for sharing your experience as a new Rogue who started in WoD.

No I can't comment something I never experienced lol. I do wish I had though, I barely had any play time during vanilla and the older expansions . Anyways as far as the first paragraph, I agree about the massive overhaul that happened as far as Legion. Sure it seems necessary for the weapon artifact but before I enjoyed each spec having their specific/only strengths.
    Now everything's even more homogenized, trying to make each spec do everything. What's the point. I preferred each spec represent a class as a whole, not just each spec on it's own.

GOUGE, having more choices than spaming eviscerates on dance (like using expose armor / slice / rupture to fight a plate enemy or garrote to cc chain) and disarm, now if you're assa just spam your PVE rotation, at least subt and pirate has some cc capabilities... And hemorrage... with big swords... being able to switch weapons in combat... Oh god why do I keep playing this game?

EDIT: Oh I almost forgot, freaking disarming traps! (and being able to see them)... And vanish eating cc/damage if you used it properly... I remember when I played duels/arenas against hunters and they threw a trap to me and I vanish/disarmed the trap and open back with a cheap shot and they had no way to run/kite over a freezing trap <3
    Last edited by drentzlet; 2019-01-30 at 11:06 AM.

I miss proper combat-time. Sometimes after I get out of pvp combat it can take like 25 seconds to really get out of combat...

41/5/25

The best thing that happened for me in this game.

eeeeeeeeeeasy

Recuperate
    +
    Glyph of Recuperate
    +
    Full geming stamina in all slots of gear
    +
    Stamina Tank Trinkets

(This was in Cataclysm)

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    eeeeeeeeeeasy

Recuperate
    +
    Glyph of Recuperate
    +
    Full geming stamina in all slots of gear
    +
    Stamina Tank Trinkets

(This was in Cataclysm)
    Oh I remember the wotlk prepatch to cata were resilience was buffed by a lot and you could stack a lot and be almost unkillable with that gliph, literally i was killing people 1v10 on a graveyard on WSG was as fun as it had to be for retrys between TBC and WOTLK, they oneshoted people literally xD