Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Malfurion cannot demand anything; he's not a leader of the Druids, he's a member of the archdruids.

Hamuul is a Tauren first, Archdruid second. His loyalty lies with Tauren/Horde long before Malfurion.
    i don't think this is true. druids are more like a sect and they are independant from their races' alliances. take cenarion circle for example. they merrily help the horde pc if their interests are the same and also merrily kill the alliance pc if he/she was the aggressor against the horde pc and vice versa.

add baine's obvious despise to sylvanas. not the tauren but tauren druids would heed his call imo.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    I dont think Malfurion can demand anything of him Hamuul is actually stronger than Malfurion.

The Druid has been growing quietly in power for a long time actually. He earned his title of Archdruid in less than 4 years. His eyes once were green but now have become gold with a green glow around the gold. Then after surviving his second assassination attempt which left him with with 4th degree burns over 90% of his body he was treated with highly magical items like elemental hearts and dragon scales empowering him further.

When the Flame druid Leyara captured Malfurion and was about to kill him after killing all his wardens the recovered Hamuul single handedly overpowered and killed her saving him. That was actually the second time he saved Malfurion (the first being when he defended the druid from void creatures in Stormrage).

If it wasn't for his age and hard stance for peace he would likely be one of the Hordes most feared warriors. This is why he does nothing he is so committed to peace he hardly ever strikes in anger.
    Its funny how lore doesn't translate well into game, in lore Malfurion's power is monstrous, but in game he acts like he got 2 left feet. I wouldn't be surprised if Hamuul turns out to be lowkey stronger than Malfurion.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardi View Post
    Choosing not to heal the planet as a whole is an interesting way to save his people!
    Shhhhhhh!!! Get that logic out of here, Malfs all done with that kind of shenanigans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hamuul wouldn't take part unless Sylvanas leaves the Horde for her evil purposes that evolve destruction of the planet/nature in general. Until then he will probably remain neutral - ish trying to preserve Azeroth and heal it.

I doubt Malfurion would demand this of him. Hamuul is helping to heal Azeroth as are many other druids. He has no reason to enter the war. Malfurion didn't have the same luck after his home got attacked and Sylvanas ordered him killed.

I will just be glad when Peace Mode is implemented to counter dumb people in War Mode and I can play with people of both factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    I dont think Malfurion can demand anything of him Hamuul is actually stronger than Malfurion.
    why are you even saying this lol? malfurion taught hamuul everything he knows, is older and is considered a demigod by folks like saurfang. he's ULTRA powerful, so powerful he's scary to people who aren't scared of anything else on earth. he's a bad motherfucker and the short stories did a good job fleshing that out a bit. there are only a handful of entities on azeroth who could go toe to toe with malfurion and win, just his ability to drag a full grown orc underground by vines and crush him is scary enough.
    Last edited by sopeonaroap; 2019-01-29 at 03:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    i don't think this is true. druids are more like a sect and they are independant from their races' alliances. take cenarion circle for example. they merrily help the horde pc if their interests are the same and also merrily kill the alliance pc if he/she was the aggressor against the horde pc and vice versa.

add baine's obvious despise to sylvanas. not the tauren but tauren druids would heed his call imo.
    But there is no ranks within archdruids. Malfurion might have some power over the majority of archdruids, due to them being Night Elves, but Elothir, Hamuul and ME (yes, the player) are all archdruids, and NOT Night Elf, and we cannot be commanded to do ANYTHING by Malfurion.

And my loyalty as a Troll Archdruid does NOT lie with Malfurion; it lies with the Darkspear Trolls, Horde and it's warchief, the welfare of nature (i.e. Druidism), IN THAT ORDER.
    I owe no loyalty to Malfurion, except in matters that help where my priority lie.
    So, if Malfurion command me to take action against Sylvanas, I'll show him my middle finger.. Well, one finger, since Trolls doesn't seem to have 5...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    But there is no ranks within archdruids. Malfurion might have some power over the majority of archdruids, due to them being Night Elves, but Elothir, Hamuul and ME (yes, the player) are all archdruids, and NOT Night Elf, and we cannot be commanded to do ANYTHING by Malfurion.

And my loyalty as a Troll Archdruid does NOT lie with Malfurion; it lies with the Darkspear Trolls, Horde and it's warchief, the welfare of nature (i.e. Druidism), IN THAT ORDER.
    I owe no loyalty to Malfurion, except in matters that help where my priority lie.
    So, if Malfurion command me to take action against Sylvanas, I'll show him my middle finger.. Well, one finger, since Trolls doesn't seem to have 5...
    you take it as a personal matter since your pc is an archdruid but lore-wise malfurion is and always will be (in foreseeable future at least) THE archdruid. one of my alts is a druid as well and i remember the quest series in legion, which leads you to be an archdruid. he may be weaker than the pc druid (he is captured by xavius and the pc saves him) but he was holding the pc's hand from the get go. plus, i remember the druids (there were tauren among their ranks) were in some sort of rebellion against the horde's -garrosh's- actions in ashenvale and tauren druids did not stand with the horde's warchief back then because it was against everything they see sacred. i still believe that tauren druids value druidism above all else, same goes for all druids, be it troll or nightelf.

10+ Year Old Account
    He solo's Xavius, gets caught in a trap and helps you defeat him later.
    You never solo'd Xavius, you needed a whole army and his help... and welcome to game mechanics. It wont be much of a game if NPCs do your raids for you.

Each line of your post is dumber than the last.

This is why giving titles to Archdruid should be taken with a grain of salt. You would have never risen to that rank without complete devotion to nature and druidism above all. Some Archdruid supporting someone who wants to destroy all life over nature is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Tbh Hamuul and co. shouldn't even have to be asked, they should have rebelled against Sylvie the very moment she burned a world tree. Or after seeing her raise her own soldiers into undeath, Tauren included. But Baine is just a pansy, and has always been, and it looks like Hamuul isn't much better.
    No druiid cares that the fake world tree got torched. Because you batch of loons never bothered to read story text in game, you are oblivious to the fact that teldrassil only exits because a few druids were butthurt that saving the world cost them their immortality and tried to make a new one so they wouldnt die of old age or disease like the mere mortals they always look down on in disgust.

PS: malf was against the very idea of teldrassil from the start, so he REALLY doesnt care about the tree going up in smoke
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

Even if the tree wasn't blessed after the fact, which it was, it was still the home of the night elves. Are you really saying that Malfurion wouldn't care that it burnt down? The thread keeps delivering quality people posting quality things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    He solo's Xavius, gets caught in a trap and helps you defeat him later.
    You never solo'd Xavius, you needed a whole army and his help... and welcome to game mechanics. It wont be much of a game if NPCs do your raids for you.

Each line of your post is dumber than the last.
    lore-wise, there is only 1 player character. next time, focus on your wow 101 before name calling and kindly disappear from my internet. thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Even if the tree wasn't blessed after the fact, which it was, it was still the home of the night elves. Are you really saying that Malfurion wouldn't care that it burnt down? The thread keeps delivering quality people posting quality things.
    and the ONLY reason it got blessed was to keep it from fully corrupting like shaldrissil did
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    lore-wise, there is only 1 player character. next time, focus on your wow 101 before name calling and kindly disappear from my internet. thank you.
    You are all over the place.
    Literally nothing you say makes sense and you headcanon the rest.

Typical Horde fanboy I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    and the ONLY reason it got blessed was to keep it from fully corrupting like shaldrissil did
    Sure, but it was still blessed. You also didn't address that the tree was the home of the Night Elves, most of which were burning during that entire. Your assertion that Malfurion didn't care is still grossly incorrect on that point alone.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    No druiid cares that the fake world tree got torched. Because you batch of loons never bothered to read story text in game, you are oblivious to the fact that teldrassil only exits because a few druids were butthurt that saving the world cost them their immortality and tried to make a new one so they wouldnt die of old age or disease like the mere mortals they always look down on in disgust.

PS: malf was against the very idea of teldrassil from the start, so he REALLY doesnt care about the tree going up in smoke
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowpedia
    The new tree was not blessed by the Dragon Aspects at its birth, unlike its predecessor Nordrassil, which would ultimately leave it vulnerable to corruption from the Emerald Nightmare. However, just before the Cataclysm, it would receive the blessings of Alexstrasza and Ysera. All known lingering corruption was finally purged during the Cataclysm.
    L2Lore before lecturing others, kkthxbye.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Of course, if Alliance loses their king, it's only fair that Horde loses their warc... Owait
    They always balanced leader losses.
    Cairne and Magni both died back in...Oh no, wait
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

That's not how Druid characters work. If it were like that, then Fandral would have never turned heel 'because Malfurion told him not to'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    This is why giving titles to Archdruid should be taken with a grain of salt. You would have never risen to that rank without complete devotion to nature and druidism above all. Some Archdruid supporting someone who wants to destroy all life over nature is hilarious.
    Fandral Staghelm did just that and he was the leader of all Night Elves for the longest time. He sided with Ragnaros and the Old Gods and he was still gaining followers for it.