Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Back in BC and Wrath I enjoyed paladins. They had like 9 lives! Then Blizz catches on and suddenly we have 2, one which you just stand there.

So I switched to Hunter. I could lock you down in PVP! Stun city and a slow death. Blizz put a stop to that by removing my hunter abilities. Wholesale melee combat removal! WTF

Warlock... OK. Welp here comes Demon Guys... taking your skills.

Quote Originally Posted by oland138 View Post
    How about make it so guilds have to progress through uldir no matter what. Have profession recipes and mats drop from Uldir so people in that guild can craft for members. Have the crafted gear bind to guild and require a certain reputation level with the guild to use.

This way older tiers can remain relevant to guilds/players who never cleared it in the first place, and maintain a sense of progression.
    No thank you, not everyone has as much time as you and others do, and to be always able to progress in the latest raid and not having your guild rush you through content that they don't want to do anymore (and some of them don't have the time also) is one of the few things they have changed that are good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelliaind View Post
    but their communities are better, the people are nicer
    As much as people want it to spin it this way, the community being toxic and less nice, is not 100% fault of blizzard, as much as the random guy in League of Legends that starts being unpolite just because you are owning him.

Everyday I have less and less faith in humanity, as much as the dev team are failing, to lose all rationality, ask someone to be fired while insulting them is just... so sad that the human being is so... small, to the level that some don't even realize that because of a video game they are insulting ans saying stuff that... damn, they need some fixing. And is not that they are not right, because they are, it's the manner and how they talk...

Example from this thread, and this is one of the soft " 'Feedback comes from a place of emotion.'. Gee, YA THINK, Ion? I'm so glad you finally learned what emotions are. Grats."

And the Dev team, I think in some cases they are indeed listening, but sometimes for the most important things It seems like they don't want to, we see that with feedback for azerite in beta and they are fixing it in 8.2 not for 8.0, and other things. Oh well, at least the raiding, art and music team are still doing a great job, the second raid is awesome.
    Last edited by eduwneso; 2019-01-29 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiacla View Post
    Alright then.
    You act like you're superior yet you're going to sit here and misquote me by deleting my words and then further progress your strawman. Intellectually dishonest and just plain scummy to boot.

That was a direct response to aiko's own words, and I directly answered my own posed question in the next line, that you conveniently deleted.

Shameful that I have to even say you shouldn't lie in a civil discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Feel free to call me a Blizzard shill or whatever other buzzword people are using.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post

Are you a shill? Who knows
    PS - Welcome to my ignore list for literally lying and intentionally misquoting me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    I think people have a right to be mad about the current state, but he is not completely wrong. Hell look at the subreddit, any single bug that makes it through people act like it is the end of the world. Honestly at this point nothing they do will fix this. They could fix every problem of BFAs but this community holds a grudge, and so long as Ion is there people will complain.
    I think it's more of a straw that broke the camel's back scenario. There is a ton of unpolished stuff in the expansion so when new bugs reappear they get highlighted. If it was one or two little errors or oversights people wouldn't care as much.

As for people hating Ion, his job title means that he deals with this kind of backlash. At the end of the day he is the final say on most things and he has been part of some of the most disliked changes in WoW's history.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2019-01-29 at 10:02 AM.

The only bad thing that came out of this was this;

The internet is a place that has become a bit more polarized, and it's become more about getting anger out there and less about finding common ground.
    Which really is a faulty statement to begin with, but it gives those really desperate WoW players a faulty quote to spam followed by a “ “ emoji as if it changes how bad the game actually has become.

The internet is a place that has become a bit more polarized, and it's become more about getting anger out there and less about finding common ground.
    Understatment of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by relaxok View Post
    I can’t believe people’s solution for gear rng is just having currency vendors where you buy all your bis gear.

That is the exact thing Blizzard added before that everyone complained about as a casualization.

Now even people like Asmongold want vendors for everything again... hilarious.
    Vendors are better than the current system... deal with it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    I think it's more of a straw that broke the camel's back scenario. There is a ton of unpolished stuff in the expansion so when new bugs reappear they get highlighted. If it was one or two little errors or oversights people wouldn't care as much.

As for people hating Ion, his job title means that he deals with this kind of backlash. At the end of the day he is the final say on most things and he has been part of some of the most disliked changes in WoW's history.
    I agree with the straw that broke the camels back, though i think it almost applies to the whole industry right now. That said, even the most loved expansions had lots of bugs. I just find it funny people come out to complain about everything now. I really don't know how things can evolve now because i doubt people will ever forget, or ever let Blizzard forget.

I could live with many bugs and imperfect azerith armor and so on.
    I did unsubbed because the game completely lost its high-fantasy feeling in favor of a kid-friendly mix for super-heroes, cyborgs and theme park.
    Nothing new for me in this interview - he still wish to "please everyone" - aka, the youngsters.

So not subbing back, and enough said.

If they just made the loot more desirable, it would solve half of their issues. Doing LFR then a warfront once a week have me top tier loot without even trying. Once you acquire loot that easily half the end game is gone. Gearing is a really fun part of the experience and it’s no where near challenging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    "The team wants everyone to be as happy as possible"

This right here is the issue. The focus shifted from making a good MMORPG to making people happy. The game became heavily casualized and a total joke. All the depth is gone. All the RPG elements are gone. Not only is the game as shallow as a puddle in the Sahara, but the guide websites like Wowhead and MMO-Champ make it even moreso.

What he wanted to say is "The team wants every activision chairman to be as happy as possible with our projections" .

You don't focus 120% on cancerous rng designs to inflate "mau" at the expense of everything else if you are truly interested in making players happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokhal View Post
    If they just made the loot more desirable, it would solve half of their issues. Doing LFR then a warfront once a week have me top tier loot without even trying. Once you acquire loot that easily half the end game is gone. Gearing is a really fun part of the experience and it’s no where near challenging.
    True.
    I'm dreaming about challenging group zones that will drop not items, but rare materials tradable only to the members of the group that was there, and mush be forged in special places inside the dungeon, while the rest of the group must fend the crafter from increasing violent mob attacks.
    This, with much more diverse crafting recepies and possiblilies (opposite with the simplification of everything now) - more possible attributes like resistance, boosting combat run-speed, and many more, which will demand different items for different challenges.

Not that it will ever happen.
    Ion will make his usual blah-blah, everyone happy, and by the will of his Activision masters, will keep cattering for those that demand instant gratification and top-loot without effort.

Catch up mechanics should not be the same as "make all content other than this patch worthless". Each Xpac should not make all the old content before it worthless ether, now we are on that topic.

So say we are talking classic instances just to make it easy for everyone.

If we are on the BWL patch no catch up is required
    On the AQ patch make it so you can skip MC
    On the Nax patch make it so you can skip BWL

Too much catch up mechanics just frustrates existing players, you work your ass off for several weeks to get gear and then someone comes along a month or so later with a patch and is handed what you worked hard for with zero effort, thats not good, its even worse when they do the SAME content and get better gear.

You also have the problem that players dont have anything to do , i am not surprised if you give them the ability to skip all the content a few months after it comes out.

What is so bad about working up to a goal anyway ? Its not as if it will only be you, many many players will be in the same situation.

This will also let you remove some levels of difficulty from the game that just make the whole thing a mess quite frankly.

The stupid azerite system simply does not work at all. You should not have to lose a trait you like when you get new gear. The gear that drops should unlock that ability for use via the neck and then you get to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    I think people have a right to be mad about the current state, but he is not completely wrong. Hell look at the subreddit, any single bug that makes it through people act like it is the end of the world. Honestly at this point nothing they do will fix this. They could fix every problem of BFAs but this community holds a grudge, and so long as Ion is there people will complain.
    That also wouldn't change anything. Everyone before Ion was complained about, and the same will happen to everyone after him.

This thread is surprisingly woke and in a good way. Blizzard, I hope you're listing because if you don't check yourself, you're gonna wreck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    No thank you, not everyone has as much time as you and others do, and to be always able to progress in the latest raid and not having your guild rush you through content that they don't want to do anymore (and some of them don't have the time also) is one of the few things they have changed that are good.

- - - Updated - - -

As much as people want it to spin it this way, the community being toxic and less nice, is not 100% fault of blizzard, as much as the random guy in League of Legends that starts being unpolite just because you are owning him.

Everyday I have less and less faith in humanity, as much as the dev team are failing, to lose all rationality, ask someone to be fired while insulting them is just... so sad that the human being is so... small, to the level that some don't even realize that because of a video game they are insulting ans saying stuff that... damn, they need some fixing. And is not that they are not right, because they are, it's the manner and how they talk...

Example from this thread, and this is one of the soft " 'Feedback comes from a place of emotion.'. Gee, YA THINK, Ion? I'm so glad you finally learned what emotions are. Grats."

And the Dev team, I think in some cases they are indeed listening, but sometimes for the most important things It seems like they don't want to, we see that with feedback for azerite in beta and they are fixing it in 8.2 not for 8.0, and other things. Oh well, at least the raiding, art and music team are still doing a great job, the second raid is awesome.
    You're assuming I raid mythic. I'm suggesting they split the playerbase in order to design a full experience without having the resort to ilvl scaling and without having to deal with the massive ilvl inflation. It would benefit everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by oland138 View Post
    You're assuming I raid mythic. I'm suggesting they split the playerbase in order to design a full experience without having the resort to ilvl scaling and without having to deal with the massive ilvl inflation. It would benefit everyone.
    Oh no I'm not even taking mythic into account, since my guild progress normal then HC. The problem with having to re-clear uldir for you to do the new raid is that you will be left behind, or you find pugs for uldir or you find a guild that wants to help you clear uldir for you to gain Ilvl, and then you can go to the new raid.

To think in a solution for:

-Not inflating ilvl
    -But also you progress and feel more powerful
    -and give the players something from the new raid that makes them do it apart from new bosses.

That is hard, I'm thinking it this way "I've beaten uldir so I'm more powerful than before and I've paved the way for others, This new raid will make me more porwerful" I agree that every patch "negates" the time you spend gearing to defeat the raid and be more powerful, but the way I see it every patch is like a mini expansion but the diference is that I don't have to lvl up and my stats won't scale down from that, so I will become more powerful and my dps/healing/tanking will be better.

It was fun going into emerald nightmare geared with HC ToS, made me feel more powerful, yeah, I could achieve that also if I waited for the argus patch... But it won't feel the same having that ilvl because of catch up than while the content was more relevant, as it don't feel the same, doing ICC now that you "outgear" it than during it's prime.

I know my opinion is not the most popular, I completely understand every player that hates it, but the way I see it, my character evolves and it ends up being a beast at the end of the expansion, I like it :S

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    Oh no I'm not even taking mythic into account, since my guild progress normal then HC. The problem with having to re-clear uldir for you to do the new raid is that you will be left behind, or you find pugs for uldir or you find a guild that wants to help you clear uldir for you to gain Ilvl, and then you can go to the new raid.

To think in a solution for:

-Not inflating ilvl
    -But also you progress and feel more powerful
    -and give the players something from the new raid that makes them do it apart from new bosses.

That is hard, I'm thinking it this way "I've beaten uldir so I'm more powerful than before and I've paved the way for others, This new raid will make me more porwerful" I agree that every patch "negates" the time you spend gearing to defeat the raid and be more powerful, but the way I see it every patch is like a mini expansion but the diference is that I don't have to lvl up and my stats won't scale down from that, so I will become more powerful and my dps/healing/tanking will be better.

It was fun going into emerald nightmare geared with HC ToS, made me feel more powerful, yeah, I could achieve that also if I waited for the argus patch... But it won't feel the same having that ilvl because of catch up than while the content was more relevant, as it don't feel the same, doing ICC now that you "outgear" it than during it's prime.

I know my opinion is not the most popular, I completely understand every player that hates it, but the way I see it, my character evolves and it ends up being a beast at the end of the expansion, I like it :S

Cheers!
    But what if they designed it in a way where you don't have to "re-clear" uldir for a new tier even if you have new raiders, but a group starting fresh still had to progress?

I get the problems that used to exist, but blizz has this habit of using a nuclear bomb solution for so many things. WoW is not the game that got them their playerbase in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Psygon View Post
    Back in BC and Wrath I enjoyed paladins. They had like 9 lives! Then Blizz catches on and suddenly we have 2, one which you just stand there.

So I switched to Hunter. I could lock you down in PVP! Stun city and a slow death. Blizz put a stop to that by removing my hunter abilities. Wholesale melee combat removal! WTF

Warlock... OK. Welp here comes Demon Guys... taking your skills.
    You enjoyed Paladins when they were broken, once they are no longer broken, they are no longer fun. Fair enough, I guess? I mean I miss reckbombing players from 100 to 0; once I could no longer do that, I was kind of disappointed, too.

You enjoyed hunters when you could dominate players. Okay. But what I don't get is your complaint about melee abilities. Hunter melee abilities really sucked. They were removed and replaced with ranged attacks at any range, even removing your deadzone entirely. And now you have a melee spec, which few hunters take advantage of anyways... lol...

The real highlight of this post is complaining about warlocks. Demon hunters literally took a single ability away from warlocks; metamorphosis. Sure, this in turn changed up demonology a bit, but it's not a big deal. Demonology for a time really sucked but it wasn't because of a lack of metamorphosis, it was because of the 'demonic empowerment dance' which is no longer a thing. IMHO demonology, mechanically at least, is in a good place right now and has gone back to its roots -- being the pet spec. It sounds like you were playing warlocks for the wrong reasons.

What it sounds like is that you really liked metamorphosis, so instead of complaining about its removal, you probably should have just rerolled demon hunter once it became available. Personally, I welcomed the change on my warlock because it made demonology fun... or at least, aside from the demonic empowerment nonsense. Again, now that that one grave error is fixed, I'm completely happy with them.

Warlocks have 99 problems, lack of metamorphosis is not one of them.

For me the last great expansion was MoP.

Class synergy and flexible spell choices had more ways for players to tune and find a play style that they enjoyed.
    We had tokens to help those unlucky players that never got the drops they wanted.
    The tokens also allowed "causal" players to also progress their gear to enable them join groups and raids to get even better gear through drops.
    Reforging allowed player to further tweek gear to better match their play style.
    World bosses that were fun to hunt and fight for.
    The last expansion that didn't treat flying as a method to nickle and dime players.

There are many more examples from expansions up to and including MoP of systems that allowed players to have fun in the way they wanted to play.

I want to believe that WoW can change back into a game that I want to play, but I believe that with the current dev team and the management WoW will continue to tell me that I am having fun the wrong way.