Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    The real question is wtf is Thrall doing

Thrall is doing the correct thing in keeping his ass out of this trashfire of an expansion.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Nathanos has always been an asshole. It's nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Thrall is doing the correct thing in keeping his ass out of this trashfire of an expansion.
    He has being doing that since Cataclysm, the poor dude can't catch a break
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    His Vanilla form was good enough, but it lacked human potential apparently.
    I seriously dislike the Forsaken leadership in general and part of that is that literally none of them look like the bulk of the Forsaken. Sylvanas of course gets to keep being a sexy elf with running mascara whose cinematic model gets more gorgeous with every appearance. Nathanos is literally a human with red eyes and a pilfered Kul Tiran jacket. The Horde's Warfront commander is a Night Elf who had her traditional Night Elf armor dyed black and started hanging out at Hot Topic.

I'd like a Forsaken leader that looks like them- rotting flesh, protruding bones, maggots crawling through their belly, the whole deal. The asshats in charge getting to be special snowflakes who emulate Alliance races is boring.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2019-01-29 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    You don't get it?

Here you go.

https://i.imgur.com/ZnBZdoG.png

Basically Nathanos is a self-insert of a senior narrative designer in the WoW dev team. He considers Sylvanas to be his waifu and regularly posts cringey shit like that. Consider yourself informed.
    1.) No, Nathanos isn't a self-insert.

2.) That guy is just messing around, it's not unironic.

- - - Updated - - -

Those tweets are only a small fraction of the cringe he posts regularly.
    Glass houses, scarecrowz.

Glass house?

Last time I checked I wasn't a large neckbearded WoW fantasy writer. A dude who considers a fictional dead elf character to be his waifu and has self written himself into the current story as a gloriously overpowered character who constantly talks down to the player character and is everywhere all at once.

But I digress, continue. Tell me more about how I am like Danuser.
    Because

1.) He doesn't self-insert himself.

2.) He doesn't even have the agency to self-insert himself, he is not the sole writer of the game, or even of Nathanos.

3.) Nathanos is not overpowered and has lost every major engagement against other lore characters he's been involved with.

4.) You call this writer 'cringey', but the only one cringey is you. Glass houses.

That's just like... Your opinion man. Your subjective opinion.
    ....No? Nothing about any of this is an opinion, nor subjective.

Objective fact: He does not write the game by himself, he does not have the agency to make Nathanos a mary sue. This is a fact.

Objective fact: Nathanos simply is not overpowered. He's powerful, and his backstory might be tipping the scales of SO COOL EPIC MARY SUE just a little bit, but so do all of the Warcraft characters. They're all stupid broken op cunts with stupid masturbatory backstories. Tyrande is Elune's chosen? Malfurion is DA BEST DRUID EVER? Illidan is the epic cool over-focused golden child who does no wrong? Anduin is almost an outright mary sue? But Nathanos is the issue just because a short story said he was the only human as good as an elf? Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. Nathanos has lost every major fight he's been in. This is a fact.

Cringe?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It is weird that you think that just because a project is not run by a single person, that no one can get a few things through. I seriously doubt that Blizzard narrative is THAT micromanaged. He can simply self-insert with the tacit acceptance of other people who did not believe it was such a big deal until the community made it a big deal.
    Yeah, and they could've just used some bombs to blow up the World Trade Center.

Or, no. They didn't. And no, this guy didn't subtly scooch his self-insert fantasy through a team of other writers and programmers. It's time to put down the kool-aid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Nathanos can't be Danuser's self-insert character because Nathanos, his personality and his backstory, were all created long before Danuser was part of the team. The only thing about Nathanos directly tied to Danuser is his new model (which was designed to look just a little like the person) and the short story "Dark Mirror." Danuser made an admittedly cringy post gushing about the homage and now people believe he 100% created the character somehow. None of the major WoW characters are managed by singular authors or writers - every single one of them has various influences, flourishes, and accents plied onto them by about half a dozen people or more.

The character hasn't undergone some significant change in the hands of Danuser, Golden, or anyone else on the writing team. His snarkiness, curmudgeonliness, his affection for Sylvanas, and his status as a Ranger hearken back all the way to Classic WoW.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    If you're referring to the "Illidan" novel by William King then it's actually alright save for the ending, which I agree was just atrocious. Fortunately the events of Legion proved that that was just a vision of a future that Xe'ra desired, and thankfully not at all the actual final outcome of Illidan as a character.
    what 'good' ? from start he talks about how maiev miss Teldrassil, maiev didn't set foot in teldrassil until way later after illidan events, not to mention how he butcher almost everything regarding everyone, don't make sense, don't try to make sense
    i won't say his events aren't canon, but he is without doubt worst writer i read for
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    what 'good' ? from start he talks about how maiev miss Teldrassil, maiev didn't set foot in teldrassil until way later after illidan events, not to mention how he butcher almost everything regarding everyone, don't make sense, don't try to make sense
    i won't say his events aren't canon, but he is without doubt worst writer i read for
    I don't recall the events with Maiev you're referring to, so you'd have to point out a specific page or passage to me. Other than that the characterizations seemed fine and pretty in keeping with how the characters were at the time of WC3 and WC3: TFT up until TBC. It also gives an explanation as to why Illidan's characterization changed between WC3: TFT and TBC, which definitely helps TBC make more sense (at least to a degree).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead