Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Such a shame, I was leveling my 2 void elves pretty fast(1 is gonna be a nightborne after reaching max level), hope the next week the buff comes to 30% again or blizzard intercharge the whole thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, yes, alliance will definitely turn off war mode again.
    Here is something to believe in!

My guess is it will go back up to 20 or 25% as most Alliance turn it back off and a number of Horde keep it off. Then it will get stuck at the 20 or 25% forever since the item is gone and most Alliance will not want to bother with War Mode for the silly bonus alone (especially considering a lot of people barely even do WQs at this point).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FecundDecay View Post
    Snip
    First off, the warmode bonus is not extra gear or reroll tokens it’s war resources, Azerite, gold, and pet charms. Things that you would get pretty passively anyway. War mode is literally just an extra risk for an extra reward. You are risking getting killed by the opposite faction while going about your business in order to get more of those resources. The rewards are uneven to encourage the side that has fewer people participating to participate more. I will admit that 30% may be a bit too much. 20% should probably be max. If you think that both sides having exactly the same bonus has good results you need only look to the bfa launch when alliance couldn’t go twenty feet without getting killed by horde. And as a side note, not getting the extra bonus is not “punishing” the horde. Horde players still get the same ten percent bonus they always did albeit now with more resistance which there are ways of addressing.

The free 400 is being addressed as best they can. They can’t very well remove the 400s from people who got it already. But if your issue is that they did nothing to get it, then maybe fixing the raid group issue would work out. My question here is: if the reward remained the same (400 ilvl) but the alliance players had to join 5 player groups or raid groups phased with other raid groups and had to fight the horde fairly, would that be okay with you?

As for lowbies getting killed, turn off warmode. I’d be open to making the capital cities area (tradewinds market/great seal area) and the flight master spot into a sanctuary, but if you’re getting killed by a raid group you need only turn off war mode and be done with it. Three days ago I was trying to level my dark iron dwarf. It took me nearly an hour to make it from the elwynn/redridge border to lakeshire because the horde were camping any lowbie trying to level. So I turned war mode off. It’s a simple solution. You cant get the rewards without taking the risk and even low level players don’t get a pass.

On the subject of raid groups, I somewhat agree. Raids should be phased into their own shards with other horde raids whenever possible. Believe me I was camped a lot before too it’s not fun to play against. But the whole “griefing” thing and “making the capital unusable” has a very simple solution: turn war mode off.

Turning on warmode is a conscious choice you make and while I agree that griefing shouldn’t be a part of it, some comes with the territory (ganking lowbies). Maybe Blizzard can address the whole raid group issue at some point because I agree with you on that point.

If you want to continue this conversation it’ll have to be later I hate writing essays from my phone.
    Last edited by Bailine57; 2019-01-29 at 11:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaftyMcShaft View Post
    Metzen: Magic rainbow ponies.
    Developer 2: Brilliant.
    Metzen: That's why they pay me the big bucks.

Warmode is trash. You either gank in a huge group or get ganked by a huge group with very little inbetween.

Turned WM off a few weeks back. So much more chill. If I want to PvP ill jump into a BG or the arena. World PvP isn't actually PvP anyway, its mindless ganking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhorin View Post
    My guess is it will go back up to 20 or 25% as most Alliance turn it back off and a number of Horde keep it off. Then it will get stuck at the 20 or 25% forever since the item is gone and most Alliance will not want to bother with War Mode for the silly bonus alone (especially considering a lot of people barely even do WQs at this point).
    I am curious what they consider "turning it on". A lot of us Alliance players will be logging in with it turned on from last week

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    alliance will cry.
    literally happened 2 months ago
    Then we had the horde tears for 2 months. Your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    I am curious what they consider "turning it on". A lot of us Alliance players will be logging in with it turned on from last week
    If I were to guess it is amount of time spent in combat with War Mode on. Or at least that is how I would try to do it. I cannot imagine they count people AFK in town being part of war mode.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Then we had the horde tears for 2 months. Your point?
    See the major difference is, alliance as a faction cry when it's not about them.
    When the rewards were identical yall cried.
    Horde complained when you got an unfair advantage. There was no unfair advantage when horde gets 10% and alliance gets 10%.

But, permanent victim faction full of goodbois will never admit it. Whatevs

Hoping Vanilla servers revive real world PvP. Warmode is honestly toxic. It was good for the first couple weeks when things were balanced, now it's no fun for either side. A system that can just be toggled on or off at will to exploit bonuses.. just sucks. Less emphasis on world PvP going forward please Blizzard, and the faction war. I honestly don't care about the pissing Alliance, I want to fight the Legion, the Scourge, Old Gods.

So many Alliance tears in this thread. 30% was TOO much and so was the free 370 -->400 item level piece.

Welcome back to reality, and you still have 5% bonus over the Horde. Quit crying. I struggle-bused my way through all the camping of quest givers, and cheap shot areas you guys chose to do throughout your HUGE boost.

And look, still no FREE loot for Horde, or anything higher than 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Ya hopefully they also add in Peace Mode so we can team up and ignore the failure that is the after though of PvP in WoW.
    Yeah! With cool bonuses because we miss out on I don't know, insulting the other faction, and we're in constant risk of good times and new friends. EVEN IF WE DON'T MAKE FRIENDS, we should have a bonus. Because we could. Then the faction with less friends gets a huge bonus and gear so that they make friends on top of the mailbox.

And Peace Talents that change abilities in cool ways or give us new abilities, and they're disabled in normal or war mode.

As always normal mode will remain the inferior game, with lamer rewards, less abilities and talents, and slower leveling. Because they chose wrong.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah some people were able to grab it for a moment, but its only 385
    do you still have the quest or have you already finished it? i want to see if it is shareable...
    Finished it.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    TThe horde aren't complaining about wpvp happening like you cupcakes.
    Not this week of course, the Alliance are doing the rational non Warmode thing with only 15% and no other reason.

I'm referring to last week - when Horde were complaining about us walking all over their flight points... the once might horde lowered to quivering jelly... lol

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Appears to be a 15% bonus (as opposed to 30%) and no gear reward.

I'm guessing Alliance go back to turning off war mode this week and it will be back up to 30% + gear next week.

Do you agree? Think this will just yo-yo back and forth?

edit: talking about US servers, not sure about EU or elsewhere
    They already said they'd be removing the gear reward because it was a an awful idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhorin View Post
    People should have war mode on because they enjoy it not to get a PvE bonus from it. This isn't a valid argument against no bonus from WM on/off.

- - - Updated - - -

Cause WPvP sucks and most people don't want to participate in it. Even on the horde side given how many horde has now turned it off, it should be pretty obvious this is the case.
    No, Horde has changed it because Horde does NOT spawn camp places in raid groups for a fucking quest. They do Wpvp more organically in WQ's/etc. Today alone, I was doing the incursion of vol'dun, and alliance spawn camped people who would finish the incursion and spawn at a specific point with 20 ally's. I liked it a lot when there were big fights between horde/alliance for the bounties in BfA's first few months than the shit fiesta it is now. And no, I don't turn off pvp, cause destruction + cds + focused chaos = 2 shot even tanks, so if I have some hordes to keep allies busy, I can take down 10 enemies in 20 seconds seriously. Alone I can take 2-3 on.

So horde has turned it off because the 10% is not worth the amount of retarded griefing. Alliance had it turned off because the majority is afraid of pvp with hordes, leading to quite often an overwhelming opposition from Horde.

Wonder when they'll just make shards that cap at a number of horde players and funnel in enough alliance players to match the amount of horde currently in the shard.

Because as of right now they're just wasting resources all in the name of being lazy.

Turned on WM.
    Completed quest in 5 man group.
    Turned-in quest for free 400 gear.
    Turned off WM.

System working as intended. See ya in 2 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    They already said they'd be removing the gear reward because it was a an awful idea.
    While you may be quite confident in your statement, you are quite incorrect.

Ion, in the interview said ilvl 400 was too high, at least for now. And on Twitter today they clearly say the gear rewarding quest is still in, it just won't pop unless the bonus is 20% or more. And, in fact, the quest was there for the first 30-45 minutes of the servers being up ... the reward for those who got it was an ilvl 385 piece.