Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Angry Which mage tower skin are you being sorry for not getting it?

I always twinked a lot. And i played most of them on max level. But, as i work full schedule, have a gf and other hobbies too, my time ingame is, lets say, limited.

That was the reason why i didnt do the mage tower challenge for all classes/specs and i picked the ones that were, naturally, the most beautiful, for specs that i intended to play, which were all 3 warlock specs, balance druid, both demon hunter specs, frost mage and unholy DK.

In BFA i picked up my long forgotten rogue as i am heavily into M+ and it angers me so much that i didnt get the outlaw skin (the fencer) which i really dig. I didnt play my rogue at all in legion, and not really before, just leveling and leaving him on max level.

I should have gotten that skin!!!

Which one is it for you?

5+ Year Old Account
    The Prot Paladin one... I never set aside the time for that, damn work
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    Guardian druid.
    I never found time to give my poor druid much time during Legion and that skin was pretty unique.

Happy to say that I got all the ones for every 110 I had for the specs I play.

DH - both specs
    Paladin - Prot and Ret
    Warrior - all specs
    DK - all specs
    Hunter - all specs
    Monk - BrM and WW
    Shaman - Elemental and Enhance

And that's where I capped and I'm pretty happy with it all around. It was a good trial and I really hope it makes a comeback in some fashion.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only 3 ones I really regret not getting are the Demon Hunter, Frost Mage, and Demo/Afflic Locks.

Got all the ones I really wanted other than that such as all 3 Pally specs, all Druid specs, and Enhance and Elemental Shammy.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Didn't play Mage and Druid during Legion, I don't miss Druid forms since I will be playing Zandalari and their awesome dino forms, I do kinda regret not getting the Mage one. The Frost one in particular, it looks real sweet.

I got all the ones I wanted. All 9/9, paladin, shaman, and monk. Had to teach myself how to play elemental and all three monk specs. I don't play any other classes enough to care about the skins.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Which one is it for you?
    Frost mage.

I got about 21 of the challenges done, but my mage was very far behind in gear and I never play them enough to really know anything other than basics. On top of that, I hate the twins fight the most from that mage tower.

But damn does that staff look great.

The only ones that were great imho were:

Prot pala and Warr Prot (for flail)
    Bear form (duh and super ez with wrist legendary)
    Disc priest - beautiful and ez too
    Blood DK - good looking
    Affli Warlock - stands out as well
    Demon Hunter dps - stands out too.

I think these were +/- the absolute gogogo for any player out there (don't like the rogue ones that much).

OT: I got them all 36/36.

Got the only one I cared about

none.

i still have plenty of skins to farm up from balance of power and other things and dont really care about those enough to start farming them before 9.0 when legacy buff kicks in .

this plus i dont really use any of artifact skins on my current weapons i like the theme of this expansion especially the glavies on allience from dakrshore side imo beat 3/4 of DH skins from legion just because they are unique

Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    I always twinked a lot. And i played most of them on max level. But, as i work full schedule, have a gf and other hobbies too, my time ingame is, lets say, limited.

That was the reason why i didnt do the mage tower challenge for all classes/specs and i picked the ones that were, naturally, the most beautiful, for specs that i intended to play, which were all 3 warlock specs, balance druid, both demon hunter specs, frost mage and unholy DK.

In BFA i picked up my long forgotten rogue as i am heavily into M+ and it angers me so much that i didnt get the outlaw skin (the fencer) which i really dig. I didnt play my rogue at all in legion, and not really before, just leveling and leaving him on max level.

I should have gotten that skin!!!

Which one is it for you?
    I got all the healer ones which is what i really wanted. (Pally/Druid/Monk/Shaman/Priest all specs)

Regret not getting all the tank ones done. Couldn't care less about dps ones, although i did warlock/hunter too.

Havoc DH

Other than the legendary warglaives that Illidan drop in BT, there aren't any other ones that look good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    Didn't play Mage and Druid during Legion, I don't miss Druid forms since I will be playing Zandalari and their awesome dino forms, I do kinda regret not getting the Mage one. The Frost one in particular, it looks real sweet.
    The art of that staff doesn't go with anything in the game the pixel quality is so far ahead of the armor types it just doesn't fit. Maybe when they get past the painted on chest looks something will work.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I regret not doing prot pally and prot warrior. I'm quite the fan of the mace/flail look. But the whole "Somewhat tanking but mostly DPS" of it, I was put off by the scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    36/36

Same. I had to level a couple (level 92 was the lowest), and I had to get most of them to a respectable gear level (~X95, I forget what hundreds we were in at the time, 795?), but I did all 36 just so that I wouldn't regret not getting one.

Currently I use Guardian only, and I don't even play my Druid that much.

I have done most of it but the balance dudu and spriest I wish i tried a tad bit more
    S.H.

7+ Year Old Account
    I got all the DPS skins on all my characters at the time, so I'm pretty okay with that. It gave me something to do for the last 4 months of the expansion playing alts I don't normally even bother with. I would have liked to get some of the tank skins too (like guardian druid), but that was just way more effort than I was willing to give. Gearing up and learning to tank on characters I don't normally play would have been a very large investment for me.

I did all of them so none I suppose? As for which skins I'm most glad that I got listed in no particular order:
    Prot paladin + warrior, guardian and feral druid, vengeance and havoc demon hunter as well as affliction and demonology warlock. Honorable mentions to outlaw rogue, marksman and survival hunter, unholy death knight as well as brewmaster and mistweaver monk

It's unfortunate that I've more or less always mained my shaman as I wasn't particularly impressed by any of the mage tower skins, but obviously I got them nonetheless. I hope they introduce another solo challenge this expansion. I like the idea of such time-sensitive exclusive cosmetic rewards, though I'd prefer it in the form of cosmetic armor to compliment our weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*