Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I really don't get Blizzard. Why wouldn't they just put these mounts to be obtainable in-game so people have to pay their monthly sub for even longer in order to obtain them? Especially when they know players are getting tired of these things. But hey, maybe DSP might end up giving this another try now. >_>

There's nothing really new nor unique with those things you mentioned at all, spare from the blood troll mounts. They are all reskins. The store mounts are all unique.
    Sure ? Wasn’t the dog a quilen reskin and the pig looks like a bee mount reskin.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Holy store mounts Batman.

Used to be like 2 or 3 in an entire xpac. We're already gonna be at 3 and the expansion not even through its first major patch.
    The last time I remember it being this bad was WoD. That's pretty self explanatory for the state of the game right now. Notice how you point this out and the whales start getting super defensive in the comments, just look at this thread lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I really don't get Blizzard. Why wouldn't they just put these mounts to be obtainable in-game so people have to pay their monthly sub for even longer in order to obtain them? Especially when they know players are getting tired of these things. But hey, maybe DSP might end up giving this another try now. >_>

There's nothing really new nor unique with those things you mentioned at all, spare from the blood troll mounts. They are all reskins. The store mounts are all unique.
    witch mount on the store is unique???
    maybe the animation, but the pig mount use the same model and skeleto as te Quilen.

There is no unique mount on the store. Even the Fox mount use the same model as the ingame fox+flying that all.
    tell me witch one is unique

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I'll take, your personal feels for 600, Alex!

Invincible is a badly animated horse based on the same skeleton as Hippogryphs. If you truly don't believe there's been special, unique mounts added since then, that's too bad. As a collector, I've only had issues during WoD. And even then they still added the Voidtalon, the Blackhand mount, the Solar Spirehawk and the Infinite Timereaver. All mounts I've coveted so SO much more than any store iteration.

And yes, I label it for what it tends to be in 9 out of 10 cases.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for sharing?

I've got 424 mounts and I don't think store ones are a problem since the WoW token entered the picture and WoD ended.
    It's resources used to make money rather than improve the game.

Pretty sad when the game is at it's worst state since 6.1

They need to bolster the store up before they drop the sub fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    The last time I remember it being this bad was WoD. That's pretty self explanatory for the state of the game right now. Notice how you point this out and the whales start getting super defensive in the comments, just look at this thread lmao.
    You know that's not how that works. The amount of mounts on a shop is not an equivalent to how bad that game's state is. If were that much of a case, why didn't they just make the frog mounts a three pack on said shop? This was likely a decision made before the game launched to prep for the Chinese New Year, as was the mount previous for the same reason and likely will be that way for next year.

The whole "they did a thing I don't like, therefore proves me right" never holds water. It comes off the same way as saying a console I'd dead/dying because they received a port of a game as proof. And this is coming from a dude who is not about stare mounts at all.

I've bought the odd mount and pet in the past. Why? Well, in some cases it was an odd "treat" and in others it was peer pressure. Others had it, so I wanted it. I realised then I was part of the problem and not the solution and stopped buying them.
    I used to defend store items also. It was a way of deflecting my guilt or embarrassment at buying something totally for vanity reasons. I realised 2 factors with regards flying mounts. 1, I can only fly one at a time. How many do I really need. 2, Blizzard hates us flying as it reduces the life span of expansions and our time in game. So they sell us flying mounts, then ground us for years on end, except in old content areas. But those areas are acceptable as you're doing extra curricular activities, and we're back to time in game again.
    So no, I won't buy anymore mount from the shop, whether its ships that don't float, or mounts I can't use in current content.

If you choose to buy a mount, then that's your own personal choice. But in the long term, you're adding to the problem of a reduction of content in game in return for more in the shop.
    Pigs will fly before they tempt me to another micro transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    You know that's not how that works. The amount of mounts on a shop is not an equivalent to how bad that game's state is. If were that much of a case, why didn't they just make the frog mounts a three pack on said shop? This was likely a decision made before the game launched to prep for the Chinese New Year, as was the mount previous for the same reason and likely will be that way for next year.

The whole "they did a thing I don't like, therefore proves me right" never holds water. It comes off the same way as saying a console I'd dead/dying because they received a port of a game as proof. And this is coming from a dude who is not about stare mounts at all.
    Nah they just did a 'see you later' bundle instead and have temporarily removed store items, which they have NEVER done before. It can work like that because it's common sense for business. Blizzard are a business and will use financial tactics. They're not your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    You just compared spending money on drugs, to spending money on a cosmetic item having no bearing on gameplay. Let that sink in for a while and then also realize that that’s not how applying logic works.
    But it does impact how the game designers and money grabbing CEOs look at the future of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Oh yeah because buying a fucking mount is the equivalent to buying some harmful drugs that can potentially kill you....

Bloody hell......

I mean I don't agree with the pricing of mounts/the store in a sub based game but that's just a whole new level of straw grasping.
    It's just a way to show how spending money on drugs supports the production and sale of those drugs, same way spending money on shiny pixels supports where this game is heading. The most unique looking mounts are exclusive to gamestore where in some form you need to spend money ( either via tokens - 2nd hand, recruit a friend, or by spending real money )....
    Last edited by markos82; 2019-01-30 at 02:43 PM.

Is Hogros a Wild God?

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Whats the problem?
    We pay a subscription based game for them to create content for us to play and earn in game. Anyone who doesn't understand these things are part of the problem with how gaming prices ended up to where they are today.

Would have been cool as a new lunar event mount. Can't have that though.

As far as I am concerned, this is just Blizzard trolling the people who are criticising/hating/insert-your-own-word.

"Flying pigs you say? Well we'll release such a mount and we will make money out of it, too!"

Which is quite a sad state of affairs from my perspective, because one way to guarantee an unhealthy relationship with your customer-base is to start trolling them. Others have done that plenty of times in the past (for example the SWTOR devs on its release where particularly happy to do so), but nobody is going to tell you it was a good idea in the long run.

What ever happened to updating the holiday events. The outfits are cool but another hearthstone toy? Now they add a year of the pig mount to the store. Why not make it cost festival currency.

im glad - gonna instantly buy it to piss off all whiners in game

it looks really funny

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Apply that same logic to people who use drugs, their money and they can do whatever they want. I mean putting out unique looking mounts that are only available via game store is just pathetic.
    only in eyes of irl scrubs who cannot afford to toss couple of euro monthly on hobby.

also your argument is flawed since you can just buy it via gold . here you go problem solved anyone playing game can have it for like 300-500k depending on region

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    I know right LOVE IT can't wait to get more of these sweet suckers!
    i kinda wish they released new mounts/pets monthly

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I mean it's their money to do with as they see fit really.

Not yours.
    of course, that doesn't make it any less dumb

15+ Year Old Account
    Ohh they are getting clever. Buy this store mount with a placebo effect! It gives you good fortune! (More drops, more gold)

Brawlgar Arena loading screen is not new, it already existed in MoP at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    Nah they just did a 'see you later' bundle instead and have temporarily removed store items, which they have NEVER done before. It can work like that because it's common sense for business. Blizzard are a business and will use financial tactics. They're not your friend.
    Never said they were my friend, but the shop actions are not responsive to the game's problematic state, nor is it a fail safe to practice such to "cash grab."

The telltale signs are more of how the in game economy and AH flux. Which have been extremely sluggish as of late, which reflect how small the active community is.

Just cause the shop practiced something doesn't equate to the action as a response to saving face and hunting whales. Likely it served as a way to boost overall sales figures to investors. This is Activision, they will find a way to attempt to sell you extra of anything no matter how popular their games are or aren't.

Wow... another store mount... Blizzard sure got their priorities straight... ugh...