Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Camodo View Post
    Not remotely a success, a kill switch yes..why did they interfere with gearing up in other pvp aspects, why couldn't they just target it for WpVp

What exactly is WpVp now ?? raids spamming flypoints and turning WM off after the reward..good job...gooooooood job...telling you its the crack pipe
    *alliance wpvp

and yes, complaining till you get a reward sums it up pretty much

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    No, Horde has changed it because Horde does NOT spawn camp places in raid groups for a fucking quest.
    Simply not true. There have been literally dozens of posts on the forums complaining about this. Both sides do it. Whichever side has the larger group on a particular shard ends up pushing into a graveyard or city because it's the fastest way to get kills/farm honor...

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    If Blizzard had been smart they would have placed in actual World PvP zones to funnel and control this shit better.
    A lot of the issues with war mode could've also been fixed if they just added proper guards in neutral zones (like in the old times, where you could actually get killed)

- - - Updated - - -

No, Horde has changed it because Horde does NOT spawn camp places in raid groups for a fucking quest. They do Wpvp more organically in WQ's/etc. Today alone, I was doing the incursion of vol'dun, and alliance spawn camped people who would finish the incursion and spawn at a specific point with 20 ally's. I liked it a lot when there were big fights between horde/alliance for the bounties in BfA's first few months than the shit fiesta it is now. And no, I don't turn off pvp, cause destruction + cds + focused chaos = 2 shot even tanks, so if I have some hordes to keep allies busy, I can take down 10 enemies in 20 seconds seriously. Alone I can take 2-3 on.

So horde has turned it off because the 10% is not worth the amount of retarded griefing. Alliance had it turned off because the majority is afraid of pvp with hordes, leading to quite often an overwhelming opposition from Horde.
    I can't believe you're this fucking delusional. The Horde has been doing this ALL THE TIME, they've been doing this since vanilla dude (and not in a way where just a couple of people would group up and do this, but in actual organized raid groups... even I've participated in these when I was playing Horde). And yes the Alliance has been also doing this.

I also remember those times during MoP and WoD where multiple horde raid groups would just camp the Alliance hubs in Ashran and in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

Also:
    I can take down 10 enemies in 20 seconds seriously. Alone I can take 2-3 on.
    hahaha... That's exactly the type of shit that someone would write who always gets ganked and never pvp's (and 14 yr olds)
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-01-30 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    What? You mean like maybe assaults that encourage large groups of players in small areas?

Or maybe world quests where the opposing factions will compete for resources such as azerite power or even war resources?
    Assaults are irrelevant now with Utze new raid open.

Quote Originally Posted by Camodo View Post
    Not remotely a success, a kill switch yes..why did they interfere with gearing up in other pvp aspects, why couldn't they just target it for WpVp

What exactly is WpVp now ?? raids spamming flypoints and turning WM off after the reward..good job...gooooooood job...telling you its the crack pipe
    People been camping flight points since forever.. and also Alliance weren't doing it in raids because you didn't get credit for it in a raid (or the reason wasn't the item, choose one). Seems like someone has a crack pipe but it isn't blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhorin View Post
    People been camping flight points since forever.. and also Alliance weren't doing it in raids because you didn't get credit for it in a raid (or the reason wasn't the item, choose one). Seems like someone has a crack pipe but it isn't blizzard.
    I guess Blizzard is into more expensive stuff, since they definitely dont spend money on games.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    and then literally no one will ever turn it on because alliance will be insanely outnumbered, and there will be no point, leading to it being wentirely pointless cause it will only be filled with horde.
    World PVP has never had any other point than killing. It should stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    Typical Horde bias from Blizzard.

Horde outnumber Alliance due to advantages already gifted to them.
    Takes until 8.1 until Blizzard lifts a finger to address the issue with War Mode.
    Literally less than a week Horde starts crying because Alliance fights back.
    Blizzard steps in within a week to protect their Horde.
    what advantages? Racials? That equate to maybe 1-2% of your DPS? Have you ever dealt with an alliance druid in pvp with flying? Lolshadowmeldlolimfreelolflyaway. The gap seriously isn't that large. Humans back in the day could go double DPS trinkets in pvp because of their racial. That was huge compared to anything any other race got. This is literally about faction. One should not get more because of lulmyfactiondoesn'twanttopvp. You want to focus on pvp, roll horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Who would level up with warmode ON if there were no XP bonus?
    And that's all you need to know about World PvP.

The faster Blizz would see real numbers as opposed to screams of WPvP vocal rabid fans, the faster this shit would be removed.
    Right now tons of people who carefully avoid each others but keep WM on for bonus are contributing to skewing those stats.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbleach View Post
    what advantages? Racials? That equate to maybe 1-2% of your DPS? Have you ever dealt with an alliance druid in pvp with flying? Lolshadowmeldlolimfreelolflyaway. The gap seriously isn't that large. Humans back in the day could go double DPS trinkets in pvp because of their racial. That was huge compared to anything any other race got. This is literally about faction. One should not get more because of lulmyfactiondoesn'twanttopvp. You want to focus on pvp, roll horde.
    Alliance have had the better pvp racials since emfh in wotlk (perception in vanilla/tbc was also broken but was more a specific counter)

Quote Originally Posted by Reeferbution View Post
    Unsubbed and requested a refund on my subscription fee.
    Good, one less whiner on the forum. Oh wait..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    So if you're Horde, you should continue to stay out of warmode until you get the 400 gear quest like Alliance did? LOL so glad I stopped playing months ago, what an abortion of an expansion.
    LOL, someone takes time and effort to complain about a game they don't play...

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Appears to be a 15% bonus (as opposed to 30%) and no gear reward.

I'm guessing Alliance go back to turning off war mode this week and it will be back up to 30% + gear next week.

Do you agree? Think this will just yo-yo back and forth?

edit: talking about US servers, not sure about EU or elsewhere
    Poor ally kids not getting free 400 ilvl loot anymore for no effort at all :/

No, Horde has changed it because Horde does NOT spawn camp places in raid groups for a fucking quest.
    Holy fucksticks what color is the sky in your world? That is some serious fucking delusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    In fairness to Blizzard this doesn't work / isn't consistent with anything else in WoW or any other MMO I can think of. Everything is incentivized, else people don't do it. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think they incentivized world PvP in a way that is enjoyable and good for the game long-term, but going back to what clearly wasn't working isn't the answer that will bring happiness IMO.
    Uhm.. people did world pvp on pvp realms , warmode should simply be a toggle for people who want to keep their "pvp server feeling" . PVE'rs can keep staying on their pve side of the shard , and they won't be missed . This whole incentive thing generated the issues we have today , because people feel the need to have it . If you limit warmode to be pvp on/off all the crying will cease because you won't have people unwilling to pvp and surely there won't be alliance exploiting the system to get that gear advantage and then prompty retire to their comfort warmode off settings

Quote Originally Posted by Pooti View Post
    So to the people saying "turn off all rewards", would you be satisfied with the wpvp system if you almost NEVER saw any of the opposing faction because they do not enjoy it enough to do it? I do not think that would make for super fun world pvp. So what is your way of getting more of the alliance players to turn on wpvp?
    I would. Because I want WPvP to die horrible death it deserves.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Uhm.. people did world pvp on pvp realms , warmode should simply be a toggle for people who want to keep their "pvp server feeling" . PVE'rs can keep staying on their pve side of the shard , and they won't be missed . This whole incentive thing generated the issues we have today , because people feel the need to have it . If you limit warmode to be pvp on/off all the crying will cease because you won't have people unwilling to pvp and surely there won't be alliance exploiting the system to get that gear advantage and then prompty retire to their comfort warmode off settings
    Maybe some did but a lot of PvP realms were so one sided that it was ultimately pointless (unless you liked being the underdog on an 8:1 server for some weird reason). Both of the servers I played on back int he day (Blackrock, Mal'Ganis) were horde favored by quite a bit.

Warcraft Realms doesn't paint a healthly picture for PvP realms as most of them are 2 or more : 1 ratio--and yes I concede ahead of times that warcraftrealms isn't perfectly reliable, but it still gives you an idea. 2:1 is 33% vs 66% (7 vs 13 battleground equivalent), there's a handful of decent ones that are 1-1.2:1 (still 36 vs 43 Battleground equivalent).

Here's the tallies:
    1-1.2: 19
    1.3-1.5: 16
    1.6-1.9: 17
    2+: 54

Also worth noting a good chunk of the well balanced ones are RP-PvP (5 of the 1-1.2). If you took them out it's even more skewed: 14, 15, 17, 54.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhorin View Post
    Maybe some did but a lot of PvP realms were so one sided that it was ultimately pointless (unless you liked being the underdog on an 8:1 server for some weird reason). Both of the servers I played on back int he day (Blackrock, Mal'Ganis) were horde favored by quite a bit.

Warcraft Realms doesn't paint a healthly picture for PvP realms as most of them are 2 or more : 1 ratio--and yes I concede ahead of times that warcraftrealms isn't perfectly reliable, but it still gives you an idea. 2:1 is 33% vs 66% (7 vs 13 battleground equivalent), there's a handful of decent ones that are 1-1.2:1 (still 36 vs 43 Battleground equivalent).

Here's the tallies:
    1-1.2: 19
    1.3-1.5: 16
    1.6-1.9: 17
    2+: 54

Also worth noting a good chunk of the well balanced ones are RP-PvP (5 of the 1-1.2). If you took them out it's even more skewed: 14, 15, 17, 54.
    Alliance generally playing pve and horde generally playing pvp is old news.
    If you add in faction imbalance as a general point, not just limiting to pvp servers (which don't exist anymore) you'd see that there are 100:1 alliance:horde realms.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    Alliance generally playing pve and horde generally playing pvp is old news.
    If you add in faction imbalance as a general point, not just limiting to pvp servers (which don't exist anymore) you'd see that there are 100:1 alliance:horde realms.
    It's actually not old news because Alliance was the faction dominate in PvP in WoD. No need to put a faction bias into my point as it does not belong at all.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Not that all Horde players are this way, or all Alliance players are perfect (not even hardly, lol). I'm just saying, the whole situation is asinine but it's going to be the Alliance who actually have to deal with shit. It's far more reasonable to argue "I am being camped constantly as Alliance, war mode isn't worth it" versus "I'm jealous that the Alliance has shinier rewards than I do "
    TBH, I'm tired of the whole thing.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    I don't care the number of horde vs alliance servers this is a conversation about war mode (PvP servers)