Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhorin View Post
    It's actually not old news because Alliance was the faction dominate in PvP in WoD. No need to put a faction bias into my point as it does not belong at all.
    Yeah, everyone went alliance for racials. the "serious pvpers" anyway.
    But if you look at the entire thing, entire game population, it has always been 50:50 or very close, so tbqh, giving one side an enlistment bonus was always going to be pure horseshit.

Make it a quest for both sides, or none.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    Yeah, everyone went alliance for racials. the "serious pvpers" anyway.
    But if you look at the entire thing, entire game population, it has always been 50:50 or very close, so tbqh, giving one side an enlistment bonus was always going to be pure horseshit.

Make it a quest for both sides, or none.
    Historically being "50:50" (says you) has no relevance to current day war mode. It being 45:55 currently (9 vs 11 BG equivalent) is what is important and what drove Alliance players from the mode. Seems you're just upset that someone got an item you didn't so you want to throw a hissy fit, but at least you'll continue getting your meaningless 10% bonus while all of the Alliance turns off the mode again instead of participating in WPvP by farming you.

Historically being "50:50" (says you) has no relevance to current day war mode. It being 45:55 currently (9 vs 11 BG equivalent) is what is important and what drove Alliance players from the mode. Seems you're just upset that someone got an item you didn't so you want to throw a hissy fit, but at least you'll continue getting your meaningless 10% bonus while all of the Alliance turns off the mode again instead of participating in WPvP by farming you.
    I'm not throwing a hissyfit, lol. I'm not upset over them getting an item, what I have been saying is that 1) there has never been any tangible difference between the factions, and this (increased rewards+gear) for one faction is imbalanced. I've been rolling with the punches and my WM remains on. I still have more kills than deaths since this whole wm fiasco.

Maybe some did but a lot of PvP realms were so one sided that it was ultimately pointless (unless you liked being the underdog on an 8:1 server for some weird reason). Both of the servers I played on back int he day (Blackrock, Mal'Ganis) were horde favored by quite a bit.

Warcraft Realms doesn't paint a healthly picture for PvP realms as most of them are 2 or more : 1 ratio--and yes I concede ahead of times that warcraftrealms isn't perfectly reliable, but it still gives you an idea. 2:1 is 33% vs 66% (7 vs 13 battleground equivalent), there's a handful of decent ones that are 1-1.2:1 (still 36 vs 43 Battleground equivalent).

Here's the tallies:
    1-1.2: 19
    1.3-1.5: 16
    1.6-1.9: 17
    2+: 54

Also worth noting a good chunk of the well balanced ones are RP-PvP (5 of the 1-1.2). If you took them out it's even more skewed: 14, 15, 17, 54.
    Yet , prior to BFA I don't recall people forming raids to hunt down alliance players , encounters might have been more sporadic but most of the time it would have been a 1v1 instead of gank squads , at least in my experience

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Yet , prior to BFA I don't recall people forming raids to hunt down alliance players , encounters might have been more sporadic but most of the time it would have been a 1v1 instead of gank squads , at least in my experience
    Mine too, on both factions.

That is because before BFA all the realms had no practically no WPvP happening due to extreme imbalance (2:1) or it was limited to a PVP WQ. Even going back to Vanilla people would camp flight points and instance entrances (e.g. Blackrock Mountain). Pretending it didn't happen doesn't mean it didn't.

Also, love that you claim it is a raid group even though that has been debunked over and over again as you cannot get the item in a raid group, but keep spewing your made up BS.

That is because before BFA all the realms had no practically no WPvP happening due to extreme imbalance (2:1) or it was limited to a PVP WQ. Even going back to Vanilla people would camp flight points and instance entrances (e.g. Blackrock Mountain). Pretending it didn't happen doesn't mean it didn't.

Also, love that you claim it is a raid group even though that has been debunked over and over again as you cannot get the item in a raid group, but keep spewing your made up BS.
    okay, not a raid group, but 8 coordinated groups of 5 players each camping an area.
    So not a raid group, but a raid regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    okay, not a raid group, but 8 coordinated groups of 5 players each camping an area.
    So not a raid group, but a raid regardless.
    Highly unlikely they are even coordinated either beyond them all knowing an area is a good place to farm kills and all happen to be there at one time. You have to be delusional to think there are actually 8 5 man groups coordinating to do these quests.. lol.

Highly unlikely they are even coordinated either beyond them all knowing an area is a good place to farm kills and all happen to be there at one time. You have to be delusional to think there are actually 8 5 man groups coordinating to do these quests.. lol.
    Because seeing 20-40 alliance in one area, roaming between the same world quests, assisting each other, isn't coordination.

Sure

It's funny you say this , as if even before the 8.1 patch you didn't see both horde and alliance storming zones in raids, please... they don't go in raids NOW because of the quest , pretending it was NEVER the case is stupidly apologist of you .
    Slayer of the <enemy faction> title ? farmed in raids.
    For example , the outside of tol'dagor in 8.0 was always a spot where zerging would happen , you can argue that the people doing it were not in a raid group , doesn't change the fact that people would find 20+ people zerging the spot , grouped or not does it matter?
    Last edited by valax; 2019-01-30 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    I haven't given my opinion on the matter one way or the other. I just said you were wrong in saying they've removed an item reward altogether ... because you were wrong. Blizzard hasn't decided that and they haven't done that. This week there isn't supposed to be a reward for U.S. Alliance since the bonus is under 20%, not because they removed the reward concept completely.
    And I'm just making a statement regarding giving gear is not a fair reward to fix the issue. All that this has turned into is groups of 20+ alliance sitting at flight points slamming someone as they land server side, its really fun landing client side and already taking damage.

It's funny you say this , as if even before the 8.1 patch you didn't see both horde and alliance storming zones in raids, please... they don't go in raids NOW because of the quest , pretending it was NEVER the case is stupidly apologist of you .
    Slayer of the <enemy faction> title ? farmed in raids.
    For example , the outside of tol'dagor in 8.0 was always a spot where zerging would happen , you can argue that the people doing it were not in a raid group , doesn't change the fact that people would find 20+ people zerging the spot , grouped or not does it matter?
    Let's see..

https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/glo...category-15270

Oh wow, 6.6% and 4.7% of the population respectively have gotten the "slayer" achievements. 11.3% overall have it.. they must have been storming zones in raids really hard.

What you are describing for Tol Dagor happened on the regular in Blackrock Mountain in Vanilla, so once again, not really a valid point.

Let's see..

https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/glo...category-15270

Oh wow, 6.6% and 4.7% of the population respectively have gotten the "slayer" achievements. 11.3% overall have it.. they must have been storming zones in raids really hard.

What you are describing for Tol Dagor happened on the regular in Blackrock Mountain in Vanilla, so once again, not really a valid point.
    how small of a number do you think 11% of the population is ? assuming 1mil it would be around 110k people , not exactly an handful lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Assaults are irrelevant now with Utze new raid open.
    Assaults aren't entirely useless yet and don't forget that we'll have new naga assaults coming soon that'll provide another boosted item level.

Looks like Limit also went back to Horde, good riddance.

Uhm.. people did world pvp on pvp realms , warmode should simply be a toggle for people who want to keep their "pvp server feeling" . PVE'rs can keep staying on their pve side of the shard , and they won't be missed . This whole incentive thing generated the issues we have today , because people feel the need to have it . If you limit warmode to be pvp on/off all the crying will cease because you won't have people unwilling to pvp and surely there won't be alliance exploiting the system to get that gear advantage and then prompty retire to their comfort warmode off settings
    This is not about my opinion about what they should do, it's about how MMO's are designed in general now and specifically about what Blizzard is doing with WoW. All the content they want people to do is incentivized, that's just the way it is.

I've been playing since 6 months before the retail launch in 2004 and I've PvP'ed the whole time. I don't personally need a reward to PvP, but I don't think I'm in the majority. Personally, I don't quite get why they even care whether or not people PvP but they seem to. Maybe it's the faction conflict thing or maybe it's something else, I don't know. I don't see a problem if people just don't PvP but I'm not in charge. Beyond that, I don't personally think everything needs to be incentivized so heavily, but I've never made a successful game, so what do I know? My defense of Blizzard that you quoted is that at least they are being consistent with their overall philosophy, although most of us can see the implementation was poor. Ilvl 400 for virtual zero effort is a little mind boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    If Blizzard had been smart they would have placed in actual World PvP zones to funnel and control this shit better.
    Thank you! I miss Wintergrasp and Tol Barad. Wintergrasp was even better because it was right in the middle of the entire continent so running/flying through it and getting accidentally flagged was fun in a perilous way.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    And I'm just making a statement regarding giving gear is not a fair reward to fix the issue. All that this has turned into is groups of 20+ alliance sitting at flight points slamming someone as they land server side, its really fun landing client side and already taking damage.
    I agree with you. I have not talked about what should happen, just what I think is likely to happen.

It was 385 this week. Still a pretty good reward for turning on war mode for 20 minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    It was 385 this week. Still a pretty good reward for turning on war mode for 20 minutes!
    That's EU. US was no gear.