Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    That's not how Druid characters work. If it were like that, then Fandral would have never turned heel 'because Malfurion told him not to'.

- - - Updated - - -

Fandral Staghelm did just that and he was the leader of all Night Elves for the longest time.
    I knew someone would bring this up. Fandral was set up to be a villain from as early as vanilla with his questionable use of morrowgrain. The player will never be a villain in wow, so its not fair to compare the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Malfurion can't really demand anything from Hamuul, unless the matter has anything to do with druidic affairs specifically. That being said, I don't think these people will need any strong convincing if the story keeps following the current path.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I knew someone would bring this up. Fandral was set up to be a villain from as early as vanilla with his questionable use of morrowgrain. The player will never be a villain in wow, so its not fair to compare the two.
    Depends on the perspective, doesnt it?

We have yet to see if there is any legitimate value to choosing to side with or oppose Sylvanas on the horde. This is the first time we are actually given an option to side with a potentially villainous character. This is the closest thing to say having an option to side with Fandral and the flame druids during Cata, something we had no chance of doing due to story limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    The stain will never go away

Blizzard literally killed Vol'jin without knowing what to do with him
    Or maybe they knew but the whole plan and execution is utterly shit, I mean his death was to reveal some new bad guy from the shadowlands and explore more about the primordial gods
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Or maybe they knew but the whole plan and execution is utterly shit, I mean his death was to reveal some new bad guy from the shadowlands and explore more about the primordial gods
    Only to make an expansion that focus heavily on trolls, with returning themes and characters from Vol'jin's novel and the new leader of Zandalar claiming to have always admired the Darkspear. All to NOT feature Vol'jin.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Only to make an expansion that focus heavily on trolls, with returning themes and characters from Vol'jin's novel and the new leader of Zandalar claiming to have always admired the Darkspear. All to NOT feature Vol'jin.
    Like I said shitty execution and the forsakens gets more spotlight than trolls, the devs should had save them for shadowlands or to face Bolvar
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Like I said shitty execution and the forsakens gets more spotlight than trolls, the devs should had save them for shadowlands or to face Bolvar
    Or to... you know. Be Garrosh'd
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    you take it as a personal matter since your pc is an archdruid but lore-wise malfurion is and always will be (in foreseeable future at least) THE archdruid. one of my alts is a druid as well and i remember the quest series in legion, which leads you to be an archdruid. he may be weaker than the pc druid (he is captured by xavius and the pc saves him) but he was holding the pc's hand from the get go. plus, i remember the druids (there were tauren among their ranks) were in some sort of rebellion against the horde's -garrosh's- actions in ashenvale and tauren druids did not stand with the horde's warchief back then because it was against everything they see sacred. i still believe that tauren druids value druidism above all else, same goes for all druids, be it troll or nightelf.
    No, Malfurion is not THE archdruid, he's AN archdruid.. The only reason, the majority knows him, is due to Blizzard writing and he was trained by Cenarius himself.

He's an entitled prick who think his opinions matter more than other's.
    As long as his ties are so tight to Alliance, no Horde Druid will trust him in anything over the Horde's interest.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post

Meanwhile Malfurion decided to remember where he comes from and start actually helping his people not die.
    Really hard to say since he wasn't part of the night elf group that went to silithus and that group departed before any horde moved beyond the barrens.

edit:

also to be fair, Malfurion really doesn't act much in regards to any faction related BS. He's more often asleep or fucking off for no reason. It's amazing how he is even so popular.. oh right... he kamehameha'd Archimonde that one time.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2019-01-30 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Eh, that world tree was 15 years old and was created for the Old Gods by Fandral Staghelm over Malfurion's protests.

It's not like Sylv burned Hyjal.
    It was also home of the Night elves and was cleansed from its corruption during the Cataclysm. Really wanna argue that?

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Malfurion cannot demand anything; he's not a leader of the Druids, he's a member of the archdruids.

Hamuul is a Tauren first, Archdruid second. His loyalty lies with Tauren/Horde long before Malfurion.
    Considering that Sylvanas arrested Baine because of their divergencies related to a prisoner, not sure if he would still follow Sylvanas blindlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Malfurion cannot demand anything; he's not a leader of the Druids, he's a member of the archdruids.

Hamuul is a Tauren first, Archdruid second. His loyalty lies with Tauren/Horde long before Malfurion.
    I'm pretty sure it's the opposite. He's a druid, ergo a guardian of nature first and a tauren second. His duty is to nature first before any single faction, which is why he has little problem working with either faction.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    It was also home of the Night elves and was cleansed from its corruption during the Cataclysm. Really wanna argue that?
    it was cleansed in vanilla... but that didn't take. It was cleansed again in cata... it persisted. It was still corrupted going into BfA because for whatever reason the writers wanted to keep a corruption story going.

edit:

there's been a theme aroudn Teldrassil due to it's growth not being blessed by the aspects and that it has something else going on, but we won't have to look into that much anymore. We don't really get much feel for how druids view the debacle, some assume it's some huge travesty because destruction of nature.... or destruction of world tree... but world trees don't hold much sway over non-elves and Teldrassil had it's own bullshit twist on the nature angle due to it's repeated corruption events.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2019-01-30 at 02:55 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would be a more cringe worthy episode if sylvanas demanded that hammul fight the alliance while the world is bleeding to death

Quote Originally Posted by mostvp71 View Post
    We get it, you're a horde fanboy stop showing your bias Sylvanas was clearly getting owned.
    Please do quote the relevant part of A Good War then.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    You are all over the place.
    Literally nothing you say makes sense and you headcanon the rest.

Typical Horde fanboy I guess.
    There's this saying about pots and kettles that I think you should really get familiar with...

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    It would be a more cringe worthy episode if sylvanas demanded that hammul fight the alliance while the world is bleeding to death
    This... though I think it's already bad enough that one person comes in and makes a statement and everyone just unanimously agrees that they're right. I personally don't quite understand why everyone just agrees Magni is taking the correct action, DM railroading?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Hamuul is actually stronger than Malfurion.
    Lol, realy?

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    it was cleansed in vanilla... but that didn't take. It was cleansed again in cata... it persisted. It was still corrupted going into BfA because for whatever reason the writers wanted to keep a corruption story going.

edit:

there's been a theme aroudn Teldrassil due to it's growth not being blessed by the aspects and that it has something else going on, but we won't have to look into that much anymore. We don't really get much feel for how druids view the debacle, some assume it's some huge travesty because destruction of nature.... or destruction of world tree... but world trees don't hold much sway over non-elves and Teldrassil had it's own bullshit twist on the nature angle due to it's repeated corruption events.
    What are you talking about? I clearly remember it being forever cleansed since Cata. Maybe it got retconned or some dumb shit.

I think Malfurion demanding that would be counter-productive and also out of character. And it would lessen the Nightelves' efforts. They want revenge for their homes and their people and I don't think anyone would thank Malfurion for getting the Horde involved on their side.

My guess is more that Malfurion is kind of relying on Hamuul to actually take care of the wound in Silithus on behalf of the Circle, while he does something on behalf of the Nightelves for once.

Hamuul was very much involved in the cleansing of Teldrassil in Stormrage, (and no, it wasn't retconned, not even in the Cata questing when the players got rid of one remaining part of the corruption, that didn't get killed by the blessing of Alex and Ysera. As the dryad points out, the fact that Teldrassil was now clean made it possible for the tree to actually show this pocket of corruption so it could be taken care of. This would not have been the case had Teldrassil not been healthy and able to expose it. "Strangely, the growing corruption we've felt is actually a good sign. Teldrassil has been burdened with this taint for a long time, and thanks to the blessing of the dragon aspects, only now is it coming to the surface in a form that we might strike against. ") and I don't think he wasn't livid when the tree burned.
    But I do think he finds his duty towards the world as a whole more important than whatever he could do about Teldrassil. Which is nothing, because it already burned and there's nothing he can do to change it now anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Is this before the nerfs or after? Cause now its clear hes not the most powerful mortal since he ran like a bitch from Sylvanas for half the War of Thorns.
    Are you talking about Malfurion, who defended his lands for several days, in fact, alone? In the same book, it was noted that the Horde suffered enormous losses and that Malfurion constantly appeared suddenly, killed the Horde and immediately disappeared. Malfurion defended his lands along with the remaining handful of Sentinels, while the army sailed to Silithus. I very much doubt that after several days of continuous battles (well, or just killing from the shadows, in any case, he is old enough anyway), he went against Silvana with full strength. And even so, she tells Saurfang that she could not finish with him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post

edit:

Alexstrasza and Ysera blessed Teldrassil after defeating the Nightmare.