Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    All of the RPG elements of actually being a Rogue. I really feel the class has been diluted massively.

I used to LOVE Rogues when I started in Vanilla. Despite the massive inconvenience of it, I didn't realise how much I'd miss things like mixing up my own poisons and filling my bags with them, poison and class trainers hiding in the basements of buildings, stocking up on flash powder, carrying around my lock picking tools, levelling up lock picking as a skill... all of these things made a rogue FEEL like a Rogue.

Now from an RPG perspective we're just a pretty generic DPS class.

(also I miss Pandaria Burst of Speed, it was so useful for getting around old dungeons)
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

More recently: Kingsbane. Sub 1 minute cooldowns that line up with other shit is fun. Gutted for no reason, just like the rest of the game.

From the old days: Cataclysm Subtlety. Give back SND and Recoup juggling, and let me have a find weakness that actually matters.

What do i miss :

1. you had to be standing behind the target in order to use mutilate ( only players with high enough skill and good connection would play assa, succesfully ), + cold blood while we're at it.
    2. deadly poison had stacks, which was directly correlated to envenom damage.
    3. be able to shadowstep in los, but they universally changed the entire los perception, so it's not just rogue thing
    3. gouge, shiv, slice & dice, ambush - baseline
    4. good old shadowtep/hemorrhage/preparation/premeditation build
    5. recuperate, redirect, dismantle, glyph of sprint ( i think ) that allowed you to run on water surface
    EDIT: I just remembered, deadly throw used to interrupt the cast ADD THAT TO THE LIST ASAP, ASAP!
    What do i not miss :

blinding powder
    flash powder
    actually making poisons ( even later when poisons were added to vendors, still annoying )

I still have my rogue semi-active ( he's 13 years old ) but not maining him anymore, it's just not the same class... not the same at all
    Last edited by Chillside; 2019-01-31 at 10:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss certain specs and eras of rogue.
    WotLK Sub, any era of Combat, WoD Assassination.
    Say what you will about WoD as an expansion, but I personally found both Sub and Assassination to be very fun to play.

7.2.5 with boots 3MA assa
    T_T CD juggling T_T
    Last edited by omeomorfismo; 2019-03-02 at 09:33 PM.

I miss a slower paced Combat from back in the days with having to keep up snd and rupture. Its too spammy nowadays. Also preferred the old strike animations to the strikes now it looks like its swinging wildly and loose balance and falls over.

1. Backstab (and by extension Mutilate) used to be very hard hitting abilities. They were the main source of damage while finishers were mostly buffs. I liked that. I am totally fine with builds that emphazise finishers as a source of damage, but in the currrent game Backstab to me feels so underwhelming to use...it's actually depressing and turning me off from playing Sub. Hitting that button, hearing this horribly dull sound and feeling absolutely no impact at all is just not my cup of tea.

2. Gearing for white hit-cap was something i genuinely enjoyed on my combat rogue. Yes, it is not the most engaging gameplay. But i still miss it.

The new Rogue sounds are super weak.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Sub DFA in Tomb of Sargeras was pretty fucking fun.

wrath and cata combat, i miss them, but it might just be nostalgia and that it was shit.

I do miss slice and dice and i HATE roll the bench (hyperbole)

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    All of the RPG elements of actually being a Rogue. I really feel the class has been diluted massively.

I used to LOVE Rogues when I started in Vanilla. Despite the massive inconvenience of it, I didn't realise how much I'd miss things like mixing up my own poisons and filling my bags with them, poison and class trainers hiding in the basements of buildings, stocking up on flash powder, carrying around my lock picking tools, levelling up lock picking as a skill... all of these things made a rogue FEEL like a Rogue.

Now from an RPG perspective we're just a pretty generic DPS class.

(also I miss Pandaria Burst of Speed, it was so useful for getting around old dungeons)
    I agree the rpg aspect is gone and i don't bother upholding a subscription to the game anymore since im a pure rogue main, mainly. its very boring.

Where do I start.

First off I miss poisons, I dont care if they were just buffs requiring a reagent. I liked the idea of rogue using poisons. Which got butchered so assassination could have "class fantasy" even though poisons were a staple of rogue and why I loved it in the first place.

Cold Blood and its animation effect of making your hand blue. Its a fantasy game I like cool visual shit.

I miss the control factor of rogue, This one is more hard to explain but its how the rogue played overall. Energy wasnt so spammy and decision making was more important and the results of good decision making were clear to see.

Weapon skill/stats removal. They have gutted all the RP flavor out of the game and this is highlighted in the rogue who used to be able to a "master" a type of weapon. Like swords having a chance to double hit, maces stunning, daggers having more crit chance.

All that flavor gone for what?

burst of speed and legion dfa sub.
    Last edited by Djanco; 2019-03-03 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    Combat and pre-weapon normalization, using barman shanker in SS/TM on drinking mages.
    I'm with you - picking off weakened enemies is exactly the class fantasy of an assassin rogue imo. That and sapping people as they were trying to bandage made me feel like a proper infiltrator in those oldschool world pvp fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    I never found one shotting clothies due to un-normalized AP contribution to weapon damage to be challenging
    interesting way to phrase it... though I don't think the normalization ever messed with ap contribution so much as weapon attack speed.

There was always a variation on how much benefit from ap/sp abilities got depending on some factors. instant skills getting a different amoutn and slower skills getting more benefit, and that also held true for weapon dmg and abilities based off weapon damage. 'Normalization' just made it so basically all weapons of a given type were the same speed. So you stopped seeing 2h's with swing times over 3.6s. Main hand 1h's turned into about 2.4~2.6 and daggers were all like 1.8. No more 1.0 melee weapons and no more 4.2's either (not factoring in haste effects).

Personally I miss picking pockets and picking locks as being useful activities. oh and the dance you'd do with hunters between flares and traps and positioning.

I also miss the level of fuckery you could watch a sub rogue pull with all their cooldowns and preparation. Their damage was trash, but they could do some shit most people wouldn't think of.

I miss using bandages also.

Not a fan of recuperate/leech tbh.

anticipation (the 5 xtra cp version, and should be baseline, not a talent).
    smoke bomb.

Dismantle. I don't pvp but I loved disarming mobs in dungeons.

Brewing my own poisons. Bringing this back would do more for "class fantasy" than any new pirate theme ever could.

old combo point system, old energy regen. Not having subterfuge(fuck that shit), having snd as every spec, having rupture as every spec, having gouge as every spec, having garrote as every spec, poisons in every spec, prep, prem, backstab actually requiring to be behind the target, dismantle and smoke bomb baseline(not pvp talents)

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    I saw the Warrior forums had a thread like this and I decided to start one here as well. What do you miss about being a Rogue in WoW that no longer exists?

For me it's all the fundamental Rogue abilities I had for so long that were pruned. Keybinds I'd loved for so many years, like:

2 (Stealth Bar) - Garrote
    3 - Hemorrhage
    4 - Gouge
    5 - Shiv
    Shift 1 - Premeditation
    Ctrl 1 - Slice and Dice

Also a very big thing I miss is the old pre-Cataclysm Vanish behavior. You had to be a lot more careful and precise to use it, but the upside was tremendous if you got good at using it to immune incoming attacks.
    I don't really miss anything about rogues.