Incursion Rewards

Can someone tell me why the rewards are capped at 370 while we have season 2 already up?
    Did Blizzard just made content irrevelant for max level players literally in same patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Quariashi View Post
    Can someone tell me why the rewards are capped at 370 while we have season 2 already up?
    Did Blizzard just made content irrevelant for max level players literally in same patch?
    Incursions, like warfronts, are seen more as catchup mechanisms than pure gearing to endgame, using warfronts and incursions and mythic dungeons you can quickly get yourself ready for normal Dazar'Alor

Relax, Naga incursions will come along in a month or two and will probably have a higher item level.

Also they are still worthwhile to do because of how they will let you often double-up your reputation rewards. The paragon caches are a hefty moneymaker for anyone just out doing their world quests.
    Last edited by Shelly; 2019-01-31 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Relax, Naga incursions will come along in a month or two and will probably have a higher item level.

Also they are still worthwhile to do because of how they will let you often double-up your reputation rewards. The paragon caches are a hefty moneymaker for anyone just out doing their world quests.
    This. Each incursion gives 1600-1750 rep total(4-5 WQ+finale), which adds up quickly. If you have a relevant emissary, that's another 1.5k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Incursions/assaults, are just world events to implement a reward ladder for catching up. You can still get some procs from it but it isn't meant to give you the best gear just because a new season of some other feature started.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    This. Each incursion gives 1600-1750 rep total(4-5 WQ+finale), which adds up quickly. If you have a relevant emissary, that's another 1.5k.
    Oh god yeah, incursions really made the reputation gains skyrocket.. I hand in the war emissary about thrice a week.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

incursions are catch up mechanics - which means rewards from them will go up +/- 1 month before next raid will open

They probably didn't want to overshadow the emissary since incursions are also essentially daily, and they always reward a piece of gear (as opposed to emissaries which don't).

Personally I think they should have a 750-1K AP reward on the end. That's what's really missing (and that'd still help with catchup). Sort of like how the AP emissary got buffed, this could use some added AP too. Over half the time there's not enough AP to justify going out there.

The one nice thing though is the non-trivial amount of Conquest in Warmode

A couple of the end quests also just take too long, like the sub one, and maybe the end reward could be 10x Service Medals. Can do 5x Arathi quests with flying much faster, and they're all simple quests too

Overall I agree that incursions are underwhelming and should have more of a beefy AP end reward

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    They probably didn't want to overshadow the emissary since incursions are also essentially daily, and they always reward a piece of gear (as opposed to emissaries which don't).

Personally I think they should have a 750-1K AP reward on the end. That's what's really missing (and that'd still help with catchup). Sort of like how the AP emissary got buffed, this could use some added AP too. Over half the time there's not enough AP to justify going out there.

The one nice thing though is the non-trivial amount of Conquest in Warmode

A couple of the end quests also just take too long, like the sub one, and maybe the end reward could be 10x Service Medals. Can do 5x Arathi quests with flying much faster, and they're all simple quests too

Overall I agree that incursions are underwhelming and should have more of a beefy AP end reward
    They do reward about 400 AP from rep gains each. Not directly, but still.

750 to 1k would probably be to much of a guaranteed reward with how often they come up.

Also 5 medallions if you care about those mounts and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Also 5 medallions if you care about those mounts and stuff.
    Plus the 20 from the Paragon chest every 10k rep. So closer to 6 or 7.

Only sad they don't grant Azerite armor anymore. That was a pretty reliable source of Titan Residuum.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Only sad they don't grant Azerite armor anymore. That was a pretty reliable source of Titan Residuum.
    If they didn't change the chests, you can still get Azerite from it. The regular gear boxes could contain any slot, including chest, head and shoulders.

If they didn't change the chests, you can still get Azerite from it. The regular gear boxes could contain any slot, including chest, head and shoulders.
    As long as your rewardd tier was the exact correct ilevel - 350-355-370. And 385 for emissaries now.

Quote Originally Posted by neiljwd View Post
    As long as your rewardd tier was the exact correct ilevel - 350-355-370. And 385 for emissaries now.
    Since the chest caps out at 370, that shouldn't be an issue.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I see incursions as a pure profit: a lot of rep, faction tokens for that stupid cat mount (alliance side, horde probably have something horrible), enchanting materials from the reward (only for enchanters ofc and if you don't need that item as upgrade), 60 conquest point in wpvp mode and a chance to kill some horde. And all that for a small price of ~15-30 min depending how much we hunt the other side.

Huh and people complain that gaining rewards are too easy and have a too high ilvl...

They do reward about 400 AP from rep gains each. Not directly, but still.

750 to 1k would probably be to much of a guaranteed reward with how often they come up.
    I think it'd be fine considering at least half of them spawn when people are working or sleeping, potentially over 3/4 of them if a casual is only able to play within a 4 hour window each day. Yeah I'd lean towards 750 instead of 1k though.