Thread: Metro Exodus

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Which is why I wrote: “you CAN”.

You people are so worried about “winning” an argument, you continuously fail to understand what you read.
    what you mean with "you people"? and yes You can profit from lower retail. If you are currently use the american dollar to pay. We sadly don't know if this is a one thing or will happen more. The odd part is that only the Dollar is reduced to 49.99.

No Tusk Club.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I really don't care how it's purchased.
    The first two were great, so I'ma pick this up and play the shit out of it.

And lol @ the whole "store" argument.
    Back in my day, I had to drive to a toys r us and stand in line to pay $70 for a SNES game.

A new launcher? So. There goes what, a minute or two of my time to sign up.
    Darn. That ruins it all. Game-changer. I'm done with this series. STEAM 4 LYFE!
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    what you mean with "you people"? and yes You can profit from lower retail. If you are currently use the american dollar to pay. We sadly don't know if this is a one thing or will happen more. The odd part is that only the Dollar is reduced to 49.99.
    Thanks for repeating the same thing slightly differently in a new reply. Very useful.

“You people” refers to what I consider emotionally biased, irrational individuals who jump on the band-wagon and spout out venom without taking the time to objectively form an opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post

Back in my day, I had to drive to a toys r us and stand in line to pay $70 for a SNES game.

/s
    I know, right?

Pray tell, what exactly do you need to “manage”?

You guys are hilarious, I give you that ^^
    Tracking where are your bought games, where new interesting releases will be, when and where are the sales.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Tracking where are your bought games, where new interesting releases will be, when and where are the sales.
    Yes, yes, that’s all very hard. I haven’t played Assassin’s Creed in months because it’s just too complicated to remember in which launcher it resides, even though the shiny game icon directs you to the correct one. /s

I’ve got games spread across five launchers, never have I had to manage anything.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2019-02-01 at 02:25 PM.

Yes, yes, that’s all very hard. I haven’t played Assassin’s Creed in months because it’s just too complicated to remember in which launcher it is, even though the shiny game icon directs you to the correct one. /s

I’ve got games spread across five launchers, never have I had to manage anything.
    Install 500 games and come back later with your nice icon method.
    Looking for Raid.

Install 500 games and come back later with your nice icon method.
    Believe it or not, but most people don’t struggle with alphabetically sorted lists. If you do, you have bigger problems than having to install another launcher.

But never mind, I won’t make fun of you for finding such trivial things challenging.

10+ Year Old Account

/s
    Pretty much.

I'll just treat it like another shitty launcher we get with a ton of games anyway.

Believe it or not, but most people don’t struggle with alphabetically sorted lists. If you do, you have bigger problems than having to install another launcher.

But never mind, I won’t make fun of you for finding such trivial things challenging.
    You have game in one of the dozen launchers, what alphabetically sorted list are you refering to?
    Looking for Raid.

You have game in one of the dozen launchers, what alphabetically sorted list are you refering to?
    The neat “Games” folder in my start menu, which keeps all my games, regardless of launcher, alphabetically organised.

No wonder you guys struggle...

/s
    I already have seperate launchers for Steam, EA, Activision-Blizzard, Ubisoft, Elite: Dangerous, Mech Warrior Online and Star Citizen, and if that got too complicated I'm pretty sure I can get Steam to run shortcuts for individual games. If not Windows allows you to make shortcuts either on the start screen/menu, your desktop or in a folder.

The neat “Games” folder in my start menu, which keeps all my games, regardless of launcher, alphabetically organised.

No wonder you guys struggle...
    It doesn't even have games I have installed right now, but OK. You still haven't answered:
    1) How does it help with the games that are not installed? Or never launched?
    2) How does it help track where new interesting releases will be or when and where are the sales?
    Looking for Raid.

It doesn't even have games I have installed right now, but OK. You still haven't answered:
    2) How does it help track where new interesting releases will be or when and where are the sales?
    Are games you haven't installed, interesting releases and sales kept in the same alphabetical list, or is this a shift in goalposts?

An argument doesn’t mean we care. It means we’re able to discern why particular choices have been made.

Besides, you can profit from it of it results in lower retail prices.
    I'm from germany, i still have to pay 60€.
    Besides, be realistic, that lower price is not a result of the cut, it's just advertisement. Or else all their games would be cheaper than steam&co. But they aren't.
    If they were, that would be actual competition to steam.

Game looks good. I look forward to picking up next year on Steam for $20.

The Epic Store is too new, too bare bones, and I haven't been a fan of Epic for years, so I'm in no hurry to use their service.

I still haven't answered? Don't pretend you've already asked those questions, because you haven't.

It doesn't have games you have installed now? What doesn't? The "Games" folder? Did you even make one to begin with?

You're attempting to shift goal posts, which is typical for your kind, but I'll indulge you anyway.

1. You don't need to manage that which you haven't installed.
    2. Keeping track of interesting releases can be done more efficiently via websites like RPS which announce all noteworthy releases and sales. If that's not enough, you can always list your e-mail address and never miss a deal. If you refuse to do either, tough luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I'm from germany, i still have to pay 60€.
    Besides, be realistic, that lower price is not a result of the cut, it's just advertisement. Or else all their games would be cheaper than steam&co. But they aren't.
    If they were, that would be actual competition to steam.
    I never said the price cut was due to the lower developer fee. Fact is neither of us knows whether it is or isn't; one can only assume.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2019-02-01 at 04:46 PM.

Post-apocalyptic theme is one of my favorites. I was truly waiting for Exodus. Now I don't know what to do. Have no wish to download it from Epic Games, but also can't wait one year more. So what is better - to play against my principles or be patient and avoid spoilers for 12 months?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Game looks good. I look forward to picking up next year on Steam for $20.
    Yup, exactly same thinking here. I have dozens of games in backlog, why I would go out of my way to get this one on another DRM (If it was GoG, it would be another story), especially since it will comeback on steam.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Quote Originally Posted by time killer View Post
    Post-apocalyptic theme is one of my favorites. I was truly waiting for Exodus. Now I don't know what to do. Have no wish to download it from Epic Games, but also can't wait one year more. So what is better - to play against my principles or be patient and avoid spoilers for 12 months?
    If you don't abide by your own principals, then why have them to begin with?

I still haven't answered? Don't pretend you've already asked those questions, because you haven't.
    You've ignored half of my post earlier to try to belittle my opinion and now pretend that never happened at all. I don't know why I even bothered to try argumenting with people like you with your "it's not a problem for me, so it's not a problem at all" motto. Go troll someone else.
    Looking for Raid.