"Introduced the Void to the Emerald Dream"

Bellular keeps making this absurd statement that we, the players, introduced the void to the Emerald Dream, because of that void flower in the cave at the end. How on earth did he reach this bogus conclusion? Xal'atath speaks of it like "almost gone, as if it never existed", the damn thing is called remnant of the void. It's more implied that it's the original seed of corruption that Yogg Saron planted to create the Emerald Nightmare, and that's all that remains of it.

I keep asking it on youtube, and never get a response.

Probably Novel nonsense.

5+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's just speculation, or maybe Blizz dropped the ball (again) story-wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

i don't know what are you talking about, this is a faction war expansion, there are no old gods in this expansion

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    For lore questions try asking experts like Nobbel or Blizzard Watch. With that said I'd place my money on Xavius sneaking it in or perhaps Staghelm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    For lore questions try asking experts like Nobbel or Blizzard Watch. With that said I'd place my money on Xavius sneaking it in or perhaps Staghelm.
    "experts" ha! Good one
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

well, if he did say that, he is wrong.

it was yogg-saron that did it. his void/death magic hybrid is what created the nightmare, that is void.

Why ask us? He has a twitter and usually replies back. Ask him there.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm turning that idea over in my head, but I just can't see how it could be our fault. Nightmare's been there way before we got involved. Unless Old God stuff doesn't fully count as 'pure' Void stuff? Maybe getting rid of the Nightmare is what allowed the pure Void to manifest?

Dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Yeah, I'm turning that idea over in my head, but I just can't see how it could be our fault. Nightmare's been there way before we got involved. Unless Old God stuff doesn't fully count as 'pure' Void stuff? Maybe getting rid of the Nightmare is what allowed the pure Void to manifest?

Dunno.

So I was mulling this over too because I didn't understand it, and after talking with some people I RP with, we think he's referring to 'we' as 'mortals' in general, not necessarily 'we' the player.

Fandral Staghelm, 4,500 years before the first war, took branches from Nordrassil, the world tree, and planted it over patches of saronite that had begun to appear around the world. The largest patch of Saronite was in Northrend, and the branch grew into a mighty world tree called Andrassil (now: Grizzlemaw.) This worked, containing the saronite and everything seemed fine... until strange and horrifyingly barbaric wars brokeout between the usually peaceful Taunka and Forest Nymphs of Northrend. When the druids investigated, they found that Andrassil's roots had pierced the prison of Yogg'saron, and Yogg'saron had flooded it with his foul corruption, which caused the Nymphs and Taunka to fall to madness. The druid's destroyed the tree, knowing that without the Blessing of the Aspects it was vulnerable to corruption, and so they destroyed it.

But it was too late. This is when Yogg'Saron used Andrassil (and perhaps the other trees Fandral planted over the saronite patches) to access the Emerald Dream and to plant the void flower/the seeds of the Emerald Nightmare. 'We' mortals gave Yogg'Saron and in turn, N'Zoth and the Void, access to the Emerald Dream. If Bellular meant 'we' the players, he's wrong as the players didn't do this, it happened thousands of years ago. But I -think- based on his wording throughout recent videos, he is simply referring to 'we' as in the mortal races of Azeroth.

Made an account to answer this, hope it helped.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    We the player did in a Legion questline.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    When, from what I remember when we first see Xavius he was already working with the void.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    When, from what I remember when we first see Xavius he was already working with the void.
    What we the player did was plant the seed to give the Void it's own way to corrupt the Dream without needing the now dead Xavius.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What we the player did was plant the seed to give the Void it's own way to corrupt the Dream without needing the now dead Xavius.
    The void never left the Emerald Dream after Xavius' death, if you follow the spirit of Ysera she takes you to a small piece that still exits.

The Void never needed Xavius to begin with. We didn't do shit. If anything, Xavius introduced a vulnerability into the Nightmare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Bellular keeps making this absurd statement that we, the players, introduced the void to the Emerald Dream, because of that void flower in the cave at the end. How on earth did he reach this bogus conclusion? Xal'atath speaks of it like "almost gone, as if it never existed", the damn thing is called remnant of the void. It's more implied that it's the original seed of corruption that Yogg Saron planted to create the Emerald Nightmare, and that's all that remains of it.

I keep asking it on youtube, and never get a response.
    I was wondering that too.. There's nothing of it being our fault in previous content, I mean, Malfurion was fighting off the Emerald Nightmare and Xavious for a looong time.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    he's grasping

the "remnant" was already there

come on, it 's bellualar, he needs to content/talking points to continue to make videos -> get views -> be successfull. the "remnant" was just a plot point to remind us of the threat we will (back then) eventually face

What Questline? The flower was already there well before we entered the dream/nightmare.

Bellular is an idiot