Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    There's a lot of faults with WoD, but the storytelling and quests were great imo. Shame they cut it short and rushed it out, would of loved to seen what they would of done with Tanaan.

I liked Ga'nar better than Durotan. Durotan came off as kind of a pussy for an orc chieftan imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Jesus, don't remind me. It makes me incredibly salty that Zelling died for Baine's sins and that fuck will be sitting in the chair by the end of this narrative.
    Gets me bitter too since Zelling could have been a reason Forsaken are taken under Horde with new leadership and a way for their story to get the fuck out from under Sylvanas and Nathanos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    I'm out of the loop here and you've made me curious. What was the original Orgrim questline supposed to be?
    Him not dying within 5 minutes. So same as kargath.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    If you don't remember,Ga'nar was Durotan's brother,who died with "Blood and Honor" on his lips in the Frostfire Ridge campaign. That was an epic moment - I would say,on par with the Varian's sacrifice. The problem is,that in modern Horde,there a true lack of such heroic characters - yes,there's Saurfang,yet he appears in way too many situations. Are there no honorable orcs left in the Horde these days,only the old veterans such as Saurfang and Eitrigg? Is the Horde these days only about the elves and the rotting corpses,and not the races,which originated the new Horde - trolls,tauren and orcs?

The Horde needs more characters such as Ga'nar,such as Dranosh.
    Thank god for the lack of such heroic characters. They are usually the most boring ones. Like half of the human kingdom always felt copy pasted to me, almost like they would always be the same person just with different name and shade of their skin. Heroism is so overrated and the ultimate hero concept is just old.

I like more complex characters.
    Last edited by Big Mama; 2019-02-01 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Him not dying within 5 minutes. So same as kargath.
    Maybe it's for the best. Him survivng to latter half of WoD would only put him at risk of turning into even bigger idiot, considering how everything else turned up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    This is a meme and we need to stop it.

The "New Horde" isn't real, there is only the Horde. It has continuity with the Horde established on Draenor by Blackhand and Gul'dan. The Horde was re-established by Warchief Orgrim Doomhammer in Southern Lordaeron years before Vol'jin and Cairne came into the picture. The latter two had no meaningful impact on this re-establishment and shouldn't be taken into consideration.

OT: Ga'nar was one of the few good things to come from WoD. It's a pity they're consciously choosing not to write any Orcs with staying power like that.
    The forsaken inquisition has been made aware of your heresy.

just you wait! just youuuu waiit!

now that you have said this, blizzard is probably like
    "hmm they still dont hate sylvanas enough guys, what can we do?"
    "I know, make her go back to draenor and make an undead orc out of Ga'nar!"
    "Yea! thatll do it! morally grey time machine! activate!"
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's for the best. Him survivng to latter half of WoD would only put him at risk of turning into even bigger idiot, considering how everything else turned up.
    Like growing additional beard-skulls ?

Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    Gets me bitter too since Zelling could have been a reason Forsaken are taken under Horde with new leadership and a way for their story to get the fuck out from under Sylvanas and Nathanos.
    Better Nathanos than Calia. Sylvanas is bound to kick the bucket. Voss is middling fare, but also better than Calia. The fact that she had to be completely rewritten to work for the role does make me dubious, as is the fact that she's set up to have been a double agent for the Uncrowned the entire time.

But whatever ends up happening, Zelling could have stayed a part of it. He was a good spin on the Forsaken while maintaining their core elements and we needed more of that, rather than just sad humans with a skin condition like the Desolate Council or Sylvanas-tier caricatures.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Like growing additional beard-skulls ?
    His Doomplate armour would grow Forsaken skulls on it, hinting at how he too was inherently evil all along until Thrall reeducated him in ways of honor.

10+ Year Old Account
    His Doomplate armour would grow Forsaken skulls on it, hinting at how he too was inherently evil all along until Thrall reeducated him in ways of honor.
    Sasurfang: Boy, let me teach you about orc-guilt.

Better Nathanos than Calia. Sylvanas is bound to kick the bucket. Voss is middling fare, but also better than Calia. The fact that she had to be completely rewritten to work for the role does make me dubious, as is the fact that she's set up to have been a double agent for the Uncrowned the entire time.

But whatever ends up happening, Zelling could have stayed a part of it. He was a good spin on the Forsaken while maintaining their core elements and we needed more of that, rather than just sad humans with a skin condition like the Desolate Council or Sylvanas-tier caricatures.
    I never considered Calia since it is obvious Blizz written her shitbag story for the Alliance to deal with. Voss is the Shadow the Hedgehog of the Forsaken, so he being a leader would be a collective nightmare of character butchering. Zelling seemed to have the empathy of the remaining Horde at his side, from the player and many key characters' perspective.

I never considered Calia since it is obvious Blizz written her shitbag story for the Alliance to deal with. Voss is the Shadow the Hedgehog of the Forsaken, so he being a leader would be a collective nightmare of character butchering. Zelling seemed to have the empathy of the remaining Horde at his side, from the player and many key characters' perspective.
    He lacks leadership qualities. If they did a Desolate Council that wasn't shit, he'd have been a decent fit for that side of the Forsaken and he introduces a cool angle of people choosing to become Forsaken before death. Voss went from "Nothin personnel kid" to a fairly decent character in BFA, but she's still a bit disconnected from the Forsaken. She also admits herself she doesn't have the parts for it. Nathanos would be my pick if he manages to avoid getting Nazgrim'd. He's had enough screen time. More than enough, in fact.

I wish I could be so sure about Calia, but I hope they manage to segregate her to the Alliance instead of inflicting holy undead on us. That they introduced a cool new Forsaken character and then killed him for cheap shock value does annoy me though.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    now that you have said this, blizzard is probably like
    "hmm they still dont hate sylvanas enough guys, what can we do?"
    "I know, make her go back to draenor and make an undead orc out of Ga'nar!"
    "Yea! thatll do it! morally grey time machine! activate!"
    You know what would really make me hate Sylvanas? If she were to kill Baine Bloodhoof. I mean, I just can't imagine any Sylvanas poster defending her if she killed off Baine Bloodhoof. I'm pretty sure we'd all be more than happy to uh... avenge Baine if she did that.

I thought Ga'nar was extremely annoying. But I pretty much found the Frostwolves arc the least interesting story in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    You know what would really make me hate Sylvanas? If she were to kill Baine Bloodhoof. I mean, I just can't imagine any Sylvanas poster defending her if she killed off Baine Bloodhoof. I'm pretty sure we'd all be more than happy to uh... avenge Baine if she did that.
    this is quickly becoming one of those "objects in mirror are closer than they appear" scenario.

maybe reverse psychology works. i mean they did say "the alliance will do mean things" "morally grey" and "this is not MoP". MAYBE they are using reverse psychology on us!
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    I rememeber there was some cinematic in Frostfire Ridge. Was it a shaman like orc and some mountain passage that he blocked?

Never heard his name before. Guess not reading quest texts does that. Though I had leveld around 8 Alliance chars before my first horde char in WOD.. So guess I was tired of it.

Anyways. Sounds like a chill dude. When I think of the Horde, I think of fierce warriors that wouldn't hesitate to sacrifice themselves in battle, for a honourable and glorious death.

I wonder if Sylvanas would've done that..
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I rememeber there was some cinematic in Frostfire Ridge. Was it a shaman like orc and some mountain passage that he blocked?

Never heard his name before. Guess not reading quest texts does that. Though I had leveld around 8 Alliance chars before my first horde char in WOD.. So guess I was tired of it.

Anyways. Sounds like a chill dude. When I think of the Horde, I think of fierce warriors that wouldn't hesitate to sacrifice themselves in battle, for a honourable and glorious death.

I wonder if Sylvanas would've done that..
    It's this cutscene:
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

He lacks leadership qualities. If they did a Desolate Council that wasn't shit, he'd have been a decent fit for that side of the Forsaken and he introduces a cool angle of people choosing to become Forsaken before death. Voss went from "Nothin personnel kid" to a fairly decent character in BFA, but she's still a bit disconnected from the Forsaken. She also admits herself she doesn't have the parts for it. Nathanos would be my pick if he manages to avoid getting Nazgrim'd. He's had enough screen time. More than enough, in fact.

I wish I could be so sure about Calia, but I hope they manage to segregate her to the Alliance instead of inflicting holy undead on us. That they introduced a cool new Forsaken character and then killed him for cheap shock value does annoy me though.
    I definitely understand all that. I actually see Zelling having a council style leadership than being a patriarch to the whole race he was ultimately not a part of for so long. So that is reasonable to have those with more empathy for his newfound kind lead the way.

Hell it would beem neat is they helped him signal the lost undead of Kul Tirans to return and become Forsaken. It'd be a neat angle to fight against the void and play the whole "lost and forgotten" angle the edgeloed race had for many years.

But all that is moot. And we are likely going to have edgethanos by the time leadership changes roles.

I definitely understand all that. I actually see Zelling having a council style leadership than being a patriarch to the whole race he was ultimately not a part of for so long. So that is reasonable to have those with more empathy for his newfound kind lead the way.

Hell it would beem neat is they helped him signal the lost undead of Kul Tirans to return and become Forsaken. It'd be a neat angle to fight against the void and play the whole "lost and forgotten" angle the edgeloed race had for many years.

But all that is moot. And we are likely going to have edgethanos by the time leadership changes roles.
    Edge is par for the course. You don't roll around with a compound ballista that has skulls on it and shoots poison and go for much pathos. The kind of hammy shit is key. The issue is they also are exploring a lot of the other aspects of being Forsaken this expansion and it'd be a shame if it all gets tossed at the end for either a hamhanded redemption or to put everyone except one dude in the background again. It's already annoying that established Forsaken characters are playing second-fiddle to Sira, who's every line is whining about how life is pain.