Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Not to mention states which are predominantly one side? There's something wrong with the system when people think to themselves that they might as well not even vote because they don't matter.
    Yeah that's what I meant by non-swing states.

Hell some of those states may even have more Party A voters than Party B voters, but nobody knows because every election Party B wins and Party A voters don't bother showing up. Because Party B always wins. Self-perpetuating bullshit. Just a horrible system in all respects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yeah that's what I meant by non-swing states.

Hell some of those states may even have more Party A voters than Party B voters, but nobody knows because every election Party B wins and Party A voters don't bother showing up. Because Party B always wins. Self-perpetuating bullshit. Just a horrible system in all respects.
    They found a compromise with Congress, with the House favoring states with large populations and the Senate treating them equally. Why can't they find a similar system for the Electoral College? It's not right that tens of millions of votes basically don't count.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...128-story.html

Seriously this isn't even a political thing, does this guy have ADD? A personality disorder? Or just a complete lack of basic social skills?

Reminds me of this story from 2017:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7838076.html
    We have a politics section, we have it so we could see less Trump post, please learn to use it.

I get that it is funny and all and that people really want to stick to the side that they feel ideologically represented by, but there is a limit to blindly abiding the party line. Trump is definitely not right in the head. That has nothing to do with seeing nazis everywhere or the pussy-whipped NPCs of Commifornia. The guy acts like a dementia patient and when challenged retreats back into his own dream world, he doesn't even listen to the guys that he hires to do his job. While this is akin to a highway accident and everyone wants to gawk, it might be time to put a speed limitation on the hair pin bend because having that occur weekly is starting to affect everyone's lives.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-02-01 at 01:43 PM.

They found a compromise with Congress, with the House favoring states with large populations and the Senate treating them equally. Why can't they find a similar system for the Electoral College? It's not right that tens of millions of votes basically don't count.
    There's two issues here: one is that the representation in the EC is skewed because you get one EC vote per House member and Senator. The House represent the population accurately, but the Senate doesn't, so that throws off the representation (eg, a Wyoming vote is worth ~3 times a Californian vote).

But probably worse than that is the Winner Takes All rule, which means that a state's entire EC votes go to the candidate that wins the state. Massively skews the EC votes, I mean you could win the state by 99% or 51% and you get the same number of EC votes. And ironically, favours the large states so much that the disproportionate representation actually pales in comparison. Flip one big state and you win the election - that's why the entire thing is decided by Florida and Ohio. Two largest swing states.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    We have a politics section, we have it so we could see less Trump post, please learn to use it.
    Not everything about Trump is political.

Nobody's making you click the threads.

We know for a fact he is both old and on some form opiates, what do you expect?

There's two issues here: one is that the representation in the EC is skewed because you get one EC vote per House member and Senator. The House represent the population accurately, but the Senate doesn't, so that throws off the representation (eg, a Wyoming vote is worth ~3 times a Californian vote).

But probably worse than that is the Winner Takes All rule, which means that a state's entire EC votes go to the candidate that wins the state. Massively skews the EC votes, I mean you could win the state by 99% or 51% and you get the same number of EC votes. And ironically, favours the large states so much that the disproportionate representation actually pales in comparison. Flip one big state and you win the election - that's why the entire thing is decided by Florida and Ohio. Two largest swing states.

- - - Updated - - -

Not everything about Trump is political.

Nobody's making you click the threads.
    Yeah, that's what I don't get about it. Why aren't the EC votes divided between the candidates according to the percentages? CA has 40 votes (throwing out random number) and votes 70% Hilary/30% Trump (again throwing out random numbers) then Hilary should get 28 votes in the EC and Trump the other 12.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    https://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...128-story.html

Seriously this isn't even a political thing, does this guy have ADD? A personality disorder? Or just a complete lack of basic social skills?
    There is some very strong suspicion that he definitely has an attention disorder of some kind.

Though, pretty sure you are right about social skills too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    He is the POTUS. He can do whatever the fuck he wants.
    There is doing whatever the fuck you want to, and then there is having decorum. Trump lacks decorum.

Probably made a tweet and wanted to see how long it took to hit headlines in the "news"...

15+ Year Old Account
    Trump could have a hang nail and it'd be a problem.

Yeah, that's what I don't get about it. Why aren't the EC votes divided between the candidates according to the percentages? CA has 40 votes (throwing out random number) and votes 70% Hilary/30% Trump (again throwing out random numbers) then Hilary should get 28 votes in the EC and Trump the other 12.
    There are two states that actually sort of do that. The popular vote winner in Maine and Nebraska gets two votes, and the popular vote winner of each Congressional district gets a vote. Maine's Electoral College vote in 2016 was split- 3 for Clinton and 1 for Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Miseration View Post
    Trump could have a hang nail and it'd be a problem.
    Because a hang nail is the same as not bothering to listen to the details of a policy affecting hundreds of millions of people that he campaigned on?
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

I mean . . . when you're the boss, you get to end meetings. That's how it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I mean . . . when you're the boss, you get to end meetings. That's how it works.
    But he didn't end it. He wandered out mid-sentence, watched TV, then wanders back out later and resumes the discussion like nothing happened.

If someone did this in your day to day life you'd wonder if they had some kind of mental illness.

It's almost like we elected a manchild with little interest or experience in politics. Huh, crazy that.

His fillings pick up Russian orders that are broadcast on the Fox News Channel through special audio frequencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I didn't say exclusively. In general the bad people on the left get mad for social reasons while the bad people on the right get happy when others are suffering. I know which bad I prefer.
    Keep telling yourself that. The bad people on both sides were happy from suffering so I'm not sure where you get that from.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    There are two states that actually sort of do that. The popular vote winner in Maine and Nebraska gets two votes, and the popular vote winner of each Congressional district gets a vote. Maine's Electoral College vote in 2016 was split- 3 for Clinton and 1 for Trump.
    That system needs to be examined and, possibly, expanded to more states.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    The fact that this was reported as news only makes the liberal media look even more like fools.
    Indeed. Trump acting like a child isn't news, it's Tuesday. It says something that the only thing that even got me interested at this point was curiosity on what he was watching.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    He has been professionally diagnosed with Malignant Narcissism ... meaning he lives in his own reality.

Source? I wasn't aware Trump had a clinical consultation resulting in an actual professional diagnosis. Oh, you mean a talking head on CNN? Sources familiar with the president's thinking? I mean, that's cool, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenegade42 View Post
    Source? I wasn't aware Trump had a clinical consultation resulting in an actual professional diagnosis.
    You only need in person consultation to determine the cause and treatment for a diagnosis.

The fact remains that his condition has been diagnosed ... whilst it remains true that the professionals that did the diagnosis went against established norms in doing so without the patient's permission and thus were possibly acting unethically - this doesn't change the truth of the diagnosis from hundreds of professionals in the field.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.