Celestial Alignment Change

First, here is the change

Balance
    Celestial Alignment Celestial bodies align, increasing the damage of all your spells by 15% and granting you 15% Haste granting 40 Astral Power, and increasing spell damage by 15% and Haste by 15% for 20 sec. Can't be cast in Travel Form, Aquatic Form, Flight Form. Druid - Balance Spec. Druid - Balance Spec. Instant. 3 min cooldown.
    Obviously, this seems like a great change. But what I want to know is how it affects our opener, if it does. Should we still build to 40 AsP after the initial wrath and dots to get to 80 AsP for 2 Starsurges, or simply cast after the 2 Wraths and dots immediately & go from there.
    Last edited by Argenon; 2019-01-30 at 07:26 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Note that this is in the 8.1.5 PTR patch notes. Not something to worry much about right now.

Wouldn't that run a serious overcapping risk now?

With BoN, you can't even fit 2 SWs before CA anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Wouldn't that run a serious overcapping risk now?

With BoN, you can't even fit 2 SWs before CA anymore.
    What do you mean "can't even fit"? Those 2 SWs should have been cast even before pull, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Argenon View Post
    What do you mean "can't even fit"? Those 2 SWs should have been cast even before pull, right?
    BoN+SW+CA = 98 AE.

Doesn't this change to CA make the new azurite trait even more insane? When it procs for the 6 seconds you also gain 40 AP?

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    Doesn't this change to CA make the new azurite trait even more insane? When it procs for the 6 seconds you also gain 40 AP?
    If the proc gave us 40 AP that would be absolutely insane.

I think we can safely assume that it won't. At least, not for very long. It would be far to overpowered.

BoN+SW+CA = 98 AE.
    So we wouldn't want to cast a 2nd Wrath even before pull? This seems counterintuitive to me.

I think we can safely assume that it won't. At least, not for very long. It would be far to overpowered.
    I believe it is just to make hitting the button feel more immediately impactful so I would agree it should not fire off on the proc. They seem to be adding stuff like this to the various DPS cooldowns to make them feel more immediately impactful.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    I believe it is just to make hitting the button feel more immediately impactful so I would agree it should not fire off on the proc. They seem to be adding stuff like this to the various DPS cooldowns to make them feel more immediately impactful.
    That's what I'd surmise, as well. Also, this would kind of eliminate most of the pre-pooling of AsP when CA is about to come off cooldown during our normal rotation. As an added bonus, it'll help make starting rotations smoother where we use FoN/FoE instead of starting the fights at 50 AsP with NB (especially in M+).
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

So we wouldn't want to cast a 2nd Wrath even before pull? This seems counterintuitive to me.
    What is counterintuitive about that? If anything, it's the pre-pull SWs that are counterintuitive. Probably give some tanks a start, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Note that i was talking about Pulsar, not regular CA. Getting that 9th SS for free on top of everything else the trait does would be way out of line.

With NB you can do 2xSW, SS pre-pull if far enough away, or SW,SS pre-pull if closer/to be safer. This is actually the current opener when using NB if you want to super min-max. Openers really only very very minorly impacts your dps anyway. Not too big of a deal.

What is counterintuitive about that? If anything, it's the pre-pull SWs that are counterintuitive. Probably give some tanks a start, too.
    Just seems like two free spells to me; its not like they are wasting time in fight when we would be doing something else. It's either cast those two or do nothing, and two spells has to be better than nothing.

Just seems like two free spells to me; its not like they are wasting time in fight when we would be doing something else. It's either cast those two or do nothing, and two spells has to be better than nothing.
    It's still counterintuitive to have spells in the air before the fight even starts if you're not to invested into theorycrafting.

It's still counterintuitive to have spells in the air before the fight even starts if you're not to invested into theorycrafting.
    Not that it matters, but I would disagree with this as well. This is an advantage every character uses as they level and seems to be a natural idea in a RPG world, what spells can I get off before the enemy hit engages me.

Biggest problem I see with this is the next CA after the pull. You have to set it up so that you are not getting overcapped on emp and ap.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Biggest problem I see with this is the next CA after the pull. You have to set it up so that you are not getting overcapped on emp and ap.
    Now that you say that, I would imagine that is the actual issue here. For all of mine and Huth's back and forth, I think that few AP that could be wasted with an extra wrath is really not an issue either way as it is pre-pull/start of the fight. But yes, overcapping in the middle of a fight and wasting, sometimes precious, AsP will be an adjustment of how to set up CA for its 2nd or 3rd usage.