Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "Convicted" is kind of a stupid word to use in the title, but whatever.

Yep, he fucked up. He was old enough to know better and did it anyway. Maybe he can just tell everyone he loves beer and it'll be okay?

I don't feel like my opinion should matter since he's not my governor, but if I lived in Virginia I'd most likely want him out UNLESS he has demonstrated in his years as governor that he is working his ass off for the people, minorities included. If he hasn't done much redeeming in that time, however, it's time for him to resign in disgrace.

10+ Year Old Account
    He should resign. Democrat politicians have to take the high road and do the right thing because their supporters don’t fall in line and will abandon them if they don’t.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    And this kids is why you need to seriously watch what you put on social media today that can/will come back to bite you in the ass in 20+ years

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you've missed it VA is a blue state now. Yes we have our Trump areas but so does Vermont and other NE states
    Only Nova and Hampton roads area Blue. The rest of the state is pretty Red.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    It's weird how he's a democrat and yet this isn't a thread full of leftwingers excusing and defending his racism. It's weird how that kind of behavior only seems to plague the right wing.
    they aren't principles if you only stick to them when its easy, you'd think the "Party of Personal Responsibility" would understand that

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Richmond area and Roanoke went blue for 2018 but yeah gods country is red.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    Richmond area and Roanoke went blue for 2018 but yeah gods country is red.
    People accused of the costumes shit in OP, should have an easy way out. Just say you played the antagonist at the party. I have not heard any of them use it as an excuse, but it seems like a slick way to turn the tables. Just claim the intent was for you to be jeered and reprimanded by people in US troops and superhero costumes. We don’t just wear costumes of our heroes, plenty of people dress up as villains, without it meaning they support it. I think it’s telling that this fucktard can’t use that as an excuse.

A costume does not mean embrace... problem... solved. On to solving the next thread...

[anecdote]See, false impressions created by mass media. I never heard of Roanoke before American horror story. Now, I am shocked that the county didn’t have enough witches, to be blue for Hillary. A fun anecdote that hit me as well. If RNC wins the electoral vote in every state, the election result map will look like the USSR flag. I can still recite the first verse of USSR anthem. “Free states” is actually the first two words of the second sentence in USSR anthem... freedom!!![/anecdote]
    Last edited by Felya; 2019-02-02 at 02:49 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    The guy in "black" is smirking and enjoying himself way too much in that posture, and we all know that's not permitted.
    There is even a term for an “evil laugh”. He is also at a party... why would you go to a party and be a sour puss? Even if you are dressed as a villain for others to ridicule, you are doing it to have a good time. It’s like attacking the confederate civil war recreation LARP... after their game is over, they are still friends who get together to have fun. It’s not like they think they can win in a recreation... although, one of the best South Park episodes.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

They prevailing thought in Virginia politics is that the Dems leaked the photo to get rid of Northram and wipe away his infanticide comments from the memory of the voters. The Dems didn't curcke the wagons as they normally do, and are pretty United in calling for him to resign. Even talks of impeachment. They are desperate to change the narrative from the abortion blunder they committed to Racism

So now Northram is denying he is in the photo when he basically admitted yesterday. The caveat was he didn't admit if he was blackface or in the KKK outfit. This leads me to believe he was in the KKK outfit.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Convicted? Am I missing something?
    /s

The timing is pretty interesting. I wonder who decided that he had to go and how long whoever it was had that on him.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    They prevailing thought in Virginia politics is that the Dems leaked the photo to get rid of Northram and wipe away his infanticide comments from the memory of the voters. The Dems didn't curcke the wagons as they normally do, and are pretty United in calling for him to resign. Even talks of impeachment. They are desperate to change the narrative from the abortion blunder they committed to Racism
    Are you seeing anything that would back up your claims? The abortion issue was false, btw, the radio show clip was either taken out of context or simply not listened to by those who wanted to use it against him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not familiar with this man and honestly, I just don't care. An obviously stupid thing to do but unless he has a consistent history of racism I'm not going to pick up my pitchfork and start screaming bloody murder. This combined with the abortion comment does paint a pretty nasty picture though so it may be in his best interest to step out of the spotlight willingly. Especially in our new culture of being forever offended at everything.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, the state is turning blue more so each year. Not just two areas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I'm not familiar with this man and honestly, I just don't care. An obviously stupid thing to do but unless he has a consistent history of racism I'm not going to pick up my pitchfork and start screaming bloody murder. This combined with the abortion comment does paint a pretty nasty picture though so it may be in his best interest to step out of the spotlight willingly. Especially in our new culture of being forever offended at everything.
    And the abortion comment is being misquoted and taken out of context. Regardless of agreement on that point, however, I agree - what's he done since then.

5+ Year Old Account
    Hypocritical at best for anyone in here supporting Trump to be angered over this guy.

That being said, this guy still needs to resign.

The photo is from a 1984 yearbook.

I'd get the furore if it happened e.g. last year, but this is ridiculous. It's a bad taste costume from half a generation ago. Literally everyone has done something in their youth that could reflect poorly on them; if it's not criminal, at some point we need to move past things. Three and a half decades is certainly outside of that window.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/02/polit...oto/index.html

Plot twist: Northam is now apparently claiming it's not him in the photo.

Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam has told a source he now believes it is not him in a racist yearbook photo and, despite mounting pressure to resign, that he will not do so, according a top Virginia Democratic source who spoke to the governor on Saturday.

Northam told the source he was in touch with some of his former Eastern Virginia Medical School colleagues, who said they believed many of the pictures in the yearbook were mixed up.

Northam did not recall the picture being taken, he told the source, and said he was not involved in the production of the yearbook.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post

I'd get the furore if it happened e.g. last year, but this is ridiculous. It's a bad taste costume from half a generation ago. Literally everyone has done something in their youth that could reflect poorly on them; if it's not criminal, at some point we need to move past things. Three and a half decades is certainly outside of that window.
    True, and I am fine with people changing and getting second chances in life. But they have to own their mistakes first. He needs to do something that demonstrates that he is a different person then he was then, with more empathy toward people that don't share his skin color. So far I have not seen him take responsibility or in any way demonstrate he is anything more then an amoral politician who wants you to vote for him. He admitted it, issued a standard political apology (In a prepared statement, which just screams sincerity), then unadmitted it. Fuck this guy, we don't need him leading anything.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Are you seeing anything that would back up your claims? The abortion issue was false, btw, the radio show clip was either taken out of context or simply not listened to by those who wanted to use it against him.
    The radio show clip was not taken out of context as was Del. Trans comments on the Bill she authored. If it was , so Many Dems would not be distancing themselves from it. Almost all of the National DFems are calling for his resignation as is the Virginia Democratic party. The DNC was not happy about the Virginia Abortion Fiasco, and Northram has been a joke as a GOV and pissed off many Dems. Its looking like the DNC wants him out of the way in favor of Fairfax the Lt. Gov. Now that Northram is saying this is not him ( bullshit) and will refuse to resign , the Dems are furious because its keeping his comments on Late term abortion in the forefront

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post

Its from his Medical school yearbook. He was 26 years old

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    He does have a history of racism. While debating a opponent who was African American he refused to shake his hand at the end, a couple different times. He also aired a highly racist campaign commercial at his opponent that even caused some outrage from fellow Dems. It was a truck running down minority kids and it drew universal condemnation . His nickname in tthe Military was Coonman ...there is a pattern here

- - - Updated - - -

Northram just said he never saw the Page because he did not buy the yearbook....wut? Not one friend of his in his class showed it too him? Your discovery team did not find it when you rand for office? This guy is a inept liar. He just made himself a bigger embarrassment. Now the Dems have no choice but to remove him

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/02/polit...oto/index.html

Plot twist: Northam is now apparently claiming it's not him in the photo.
    Hilarious after his previous comments.