Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    So we have different kinds of servers that you have to pay to enter and leave. And Blizz introduces a way to effortlessly change from one to another for free, and they're somehow still the bad guys?
    Well I paid hundreds of Euros transferring to PvE servers and now that was completely pointless, because there is no distinction between PvE and PvP servers. Of course they're not gonna give me my money back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    this was the case when uldir launched horde got a free 370 and could farm 340 and were far ahead of alliance didnt see people bitch this much however
    I assume you mean warfront? Which has absolutely nothing todo with warmode. Not to mention that you act like alliance didnt get warfront 10~ days after horde and alliance had darkshore warfront before horde so your comment means absolutely nothing in the first place.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2019-02-03 at 06:45 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Except that high end raiding scene was largely focused on PvP servers, so no, it didn't. Especially back when PvE<>PvP transfers were an issue.

Boom! I'm back. If the alliance has an advantage now, I am rejoining the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    I'm all for world PvP, I love it... however... when it's 1v40 on a daily basis, it's kinda shit. Yes i've turned it off to avoid the headache (especially with how fucking far away the spawn points are)
    Exactly how I always felt as Alliance on Stormrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    It’s hilarious because the Horde crying about the Alliance in Warmode are hypocrites. Were you fighting for the Alliance when it was them getting farmed by raid groups or were you perfectly content with it until suddenly they started fighting back and you were the one getting farmed? And the bonus is there to entice to Alliance players into WM and it’s working. This week it dropped to 15%, a measly 5% more than Horde has. It’s not the most elegant solution but it is balancing out the faction disparity.
    You realize it doesn't work when you hear words from the same alliance saying they promptly turn it off as soon as they are done with the quest .
    I do not have the slayer title nor have partecipated in ganks , I play horde . I mostly go for 1v1 but most of the alliance I fought just stood still emoting me stuff while I killed them , admittedly the most fun I had was during hyper spawn farming in vol'dun when a 5 man ally group tried to kill us multiple times but got served each and every time they tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Horde did not camp fly points though in a group. The quest did not improve warmode in the slightest when the only people that joined are the ones that show up to gank fp/wq areas in a group and then turn it off again. Fly points need heavy guards again atleast so you dont get killed the moment you jump of the taxi.
    ? Horde used to regularly camp the tortollan fly point in stormsong, and I have also seen huge horde groups roaming in the invasion areas.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k16 View Post
    Maybe try forming your own group to fight back?
    Do you even play this game? ..No, of course not. You're just a loud forum mouthpiece with no actual insight.

If you try to form a counter raid, you just get phased to a different shard. Every. Single. Time.

Warmode is a failure of a system, in a failure of an expansion.
    Last edited by Sithalos; 2019-02-03 at 08:19 PM.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Speaking more so from a Horde P.O.V.

Having WM on is pointless, It's a headache, for anyone trying to just go about doing their WQ's it's impossible because you have a raid of allies camping your flight paths across the map. I'm a PvPer and I have WM turned off on every single toon I have.

WM started off pretty cool and I enjoyed the occasional group fight which involved no more than 5-6 people. Now it's quite literally 1 Horde vs 30+ Alliance. Every. Single. Day.
    Do what I did, turn it off. I'd had it on from day 1 until the 8.1 patch day. When the Alliance had 40 people at every WQ, every FP and every dungeon entrance, it just wasn't worth the 10%. That's what you have to equate it too, is the probably pvp and the time cost going to be worth the meager 10% gain. If no, then off it goes.

WM is an abject FAILURE.

There's no way to balance PVP numbers in world pvp. It is impossible.

Should've kept PVP realms. I don't care at all about PVP - PVE realm recruitment. I've transferred in and out of PVP realms for high end prog raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    It’s hilarious because the Horde crying about the Alliance in Warmode are hypocrites. Were you fighting for the Alliance when it was them getting farmed by raid groups or were you perfectly content with it until suddenly they started fighting back and you were the one getting farmed? And the bonus is there to entice to Alliance players into WM and it’s working. This week it dropped to 15%, a measly 5% more than Horde has. It’s not the most elegant solution but it is balancing out the faction disparity.
    You do know there is a possibility that it isn't the same Horde players now complaining about being ass-fucked by Alliance raid groups, that was forming the raid groups early BfA, right?
    And either way, it's not good. Horde have all rights to complain as much as they want. Blizzard didn't fix anything with this "baind-aid" fix they implemented, they merely flipped the EXACT same problem over to the other faction AND gave ONE faction a HUGE boost to using WM.

And what will happen now when it drops back down to being about equal? Alliance will turn off WM, and Horde will be back to dominate. Problem still not solved. Then Blizzard will have to tune up the reward for Alliance again.

It's a shit show. World PvP doesn't work with current WoW, simple as that. Remove cross servers and all that jazz from Warmode, perhaps then it will be a bit more balanced, balanced in the way World PvP have always been 'balanced', the faction with highest population on the server wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I'm all for world PvP, I love it... however... when it's 1v40 on a daily basis, it's kinda shit. Yes i've turned it off to avoid the headache (especially with how fucking far away the spawn points are)
    Welcome to world pvp since vanilla where unless you and someone you knew were able to communicate and instigate actual battles it always delved into 1 vs multiple

Warmode serves exactly the same purpose as world pvp did before it was added, including faction imbalances. The only thing it changed was the fact that you can turn it off now without paying 30 bucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Warmode serves exactly the same purpose as world pvp did before it was added, including faction imbalances. The only thing it changed was the fact that you can turn it off now without paying 30 bucks.
    Except there was no faction imbalance on every server, and even if there was, then people could pick whether they wanted faction imbalance to be in their favour or not. I had most of my Alliance characters on servers with more Alliance than Horde characters on it, and most of my Horde characters on servers with more Horde than Alliance characters on it.

Now, you turn on warmode, see that you're outnumbered, turn it off and never turn it on again, because your gaming experience is determined by something that is 100% outside of your control.

If you really like world pvp then just join a horde raid to go smash the alliance fools. You should be psyched that the alliance are finally joining the fray.

Quote Originally Posted by FLANOFETT View Post
    If you really like world pvp then just join a horde raid to go smash the alliance fools. You should be psyched that the alliance are finally joining the fray.
    Only ones you will find now are the few left using it for the 15% exp buff, everyone else has pretty much bailed.

As for the Op, I have barely ran into many Alliance and the ones I do have just left me alone. In fact my poor Sp has been ganked more times while leveling the my Horde Pally and its further along then my Sp lol..
    Last edited by darklogrus; 2019-02-03 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
    Except there was no faction imbalance on every server, and even if there was, then people could pick whether they wanted faction imbalance to be in their favour or not. I had most of my Alliance characters on servers with more Alliance than Horde characters on it, and most of my Horde characters on servers with more Horde than Alliance characters on it.

Now, you turn on warmode, see that you're outnumbered, turn it off and never turn it on again, because your gaming experience is determined by something that is 100% outside of your control.
    The faction imbalance was on the vast majority of servers. PvP servers were ironically where most of the hardcore raiding happened, and were mostly all horde dominated (by a large margin). PvE servers were not great (with the exception of a few) in terms of raiding and were typically alliance dominated by a large margin.

Keep in mind, the above is taking into account the "popular" servers. A.K.A the mega servers, the ones were 75% of the regions population played. No one cares about the faction balance of a dead server.

I also find it funny how you said "well I could choose for that faction imbalance to be in my favor." Great! So that fixes YOUR problem, but does not fix the problem as a whole and in fact makes it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by kneehidude View Post
    The faction imbalance was on the vast majority of servers.
    Go to one where it wasn't. My main server was balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    Do you even play this game? ..No, of course not. You're just a loud forum mouthpiece with no actual insight.

If you try to form a counter raid, you just get phased to a different shard. Every. Single. Time.

Warmode is a failure of a system, in a failure of an expansion.
    Sucks to suck I guess.

You don't know how sharding works yet say I don't play the game?

Ironically I am playing the game as I type this as well, but good try on the guessing game?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    People were only willing to turn it when they have a clear advantage. Now that the advantage is on the other side, the effect was inevitable.
    Easily half the folks using WM were doing it solely for the bonuses. I can't tell you how many opposite faction players I'd crossed paths with that didn't engage at all. The same thing happened when there were PvP servers.

It's a zero risk gameplay mode, and really not worth getting aggravated over. Soon enough the alliance additional bonus will be removed, and we'll be back to people arguing that the alliance are outnumbered in player population (they aren't).

Speaking more so from a Horde P.O.V.

Having WM on is pointless, It's a headache, for anyone trying to just go about doing their WQ's it's impossible because you have a raid of allies camping your flight paths across the map. I'm a PvPer and I have WM turned off on every single toon I have.

WM started off pretty cool and I enjoyed the occasional group fight which involved no more than 5-6 people. Now it's quite literally 1 Horde vs 30+ Alliance. Every. Single. Day.
    So essentially what you are saying is it was great when horde was camping alliance but now that the tables turned it's not fun anymore.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"