Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    I have explained in great detail in this thread what it is wrong with it. Put some effort into your reading comprehension.

"Other classes got pruned too" so that's supposed to make up for the fact that Rogue is less fun and less interesting to play? Guess what we've been pruned tremendously since WoD as well, what other class got dumpstered as badly as we did since then?

Furthermore once again you are missing the point completely by bringing up other classes. Is this a conversation about balance? If every class in the game is less fun to play, does that make it somehow less shitty that Rogue is less fun to play?

And who said anything about just Cata and MoP being the baseline of comparison? Compare to TBC Rogue gameplay:

Even compared to the TBC era the class as it is designed now is boring, pruned garbage, one dimensional garbage. The biggest element of skill remaining is 1. sticking to a target and doing a rotation, and 2. getting value from each stun DR.

I'm sorry that you're apparently too unintelligent to appreciate what a massive, massive loss this has been.
    Ah well, not much point in arguing my point any further, it seems that OP got a couple of cool ideas and had the wisdom to avoid engaging with you .
    You take care now

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    preforming clinical blind/sap combo's and CCing people to death.
    Because that took HUGE SKILLZ amiright.

Also, for everyone else in the thread: Ignore shoegazing. I know I'm kind of breaking the flaming rule with this, but the dude is either legitimately just trolling or is uironically a giant asshole. Don't let him derail stuff.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2019-02-05 at 04:27 PM.

If this thread has taught me anything, it's that knowing what you are talking about will get you labeled a troll by those who have no idea.

Anyone who doesn't see what I'm describing must have only begun playing Rogue in Legion.......
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

-snip advertising-

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2019-02-05 at 08:33 AM.

If this thread has taught me anything, it's that knowing what you are talking about will get you labeled a troll by those who have no idea.

Anyone who doesn't see what I'm describing must have only begun playing Rogue in Legion.......
    I am also labeled a troll by everyone i feel your pain
    Its ok, i really dont understand where you were bashing me.
    I never felt offended by your posts.

If this game is garbage now, why still visit?
    That's like showing up to a date your ex GF is at, just to talk trash about her. But hey, what do i know, i'm just a paintlicker i guess.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2019-02-05 at 04:28 PM.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

I don't think rogue ( especially assa ) has ever been so faceroll as it is right now, don't try to reinvent the wheel, just do your basic rotation, use feint when necessary and it'll do

Quote Originally Posted by Chillside View Post
    I don't think rogue ( especially assa ) has ever been so faceroll as it is right now, don't try to reinvent the wheel, just do your basic rotation, use feint when necessary and it'll do
    One day of gathering footage and all i got was:

-Death from Above immunity frames on a impossible to interrupt Shadowfury cast from a Warlock.

But dammit im determined to gather footage of me using DfA on kidney shots and and other stuns plz wish me luck

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    One day of gathering footage and all i got was:

-Death from Above immunity frames on a impossible to interrupt Shadowfury cast from a Warlock.

But dammit im determined to gather footage of me using DfA on kidney shots and and other stuns plz wish me luck
    It's really disappointing and kinda hurts to be honest, my rogue is 13+ years old, but i don't play on him anymore, just use it for alchemy. "PLAYS" that are considered to be amazing and mindblowing right now was just a casual thing that every rogue above 2k would do on a regular basis back in tbc, wrath, or even cata, but they've dumbed the game down sooo much that it's just.. i don't know man, I don't wanna turn this into a rant

gl tho

You can do a lot of fun things in WPvP with outlaw, but in arena...

It's really disappointing and kinda hurts to be honest, my rogue is 13+ years old, but i don't play on him anymore, just use it for alchemy. "PLAYS" that are considered to be amazing and mindblowing right now was just a casual thing that every rogue above 2k would do on a regular basis back in tbc, wrath, or even cata, but they've dumbed the game down sooo much that it's just.. i don't know man, I don't wanna turn this into a rant

gl tho
    Might I recommend turning it into a rant? If you could for instance give one or more examples of what big plays 2.4k+ Rogues were pulling off back then that were blowing everyone's socks off, OP probably won't be able to recreate them (Being only 1850 - and mechanics limitations) but certainly they can serve as inspiration, much appreciated.

With the new server tech most iconic rogue tricks are no longer possible.

Haven't been possible for a while now. So unless they downgrade the servertech themselves (or emulate the spellbatching) they won't even be possible in classic. You can't really do the old tricks without spellbatching.
    Last edited by glowzone; 2019-02-05 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillemus View Post
    Might I recommend turning it into a rant? If you could for instance give one or more examples of what big plays 2.4k+ Rogues were pulling off back then that were blowing everyone's socks off, OP probably won't be able to recreate them (Being only 1850 - and mechanics limitations) but certainly they can serve as inspiration, much appreciated.
    There used to be classics like shadowstep charge/intercept, vanish coil, bait the fakecast with kick and then do a sidestep and interrupt actual cast with deadly throw ( this one is deep tbc, needed to be few yeards away to use deadly throw and it had kick built in ), mouseover kick/ mouseover step kick succubus, don't let the lock summon another pet with fel domination, sap healer out of gouge, sap enemy rogue's vanish mid combat.
    With wotlk we got few more interesting "glitches" like you could ambush the guy and sap him right after, do that twice in a row with cold blood/prep and you'd end up vs the guy with 30% hp and still sapped, then cata introduced redirect and smoke bomb, with new amazing opportinities to sap the healer out of kidney or even out of stepkick + bomb, sometimes you wouldn't even need to kick the healer, you'd just wait for him to start something long, bomb your target at very last 0.1 second, it would take the healer at least 1 second to react to what happened, another 1-2 seconds to get close to you and by the time he'd get to you he'd already be out of combat - another opportunity to sap.
    I'll just add that entire assassination kit on tbc was just something else, you needed to be standing behind the target to use mutilate, deadly poison had stacks which you had to wait forever to reach maximum of 5 and then use envenom, it took some balls to play assa back then
    I probably can't even remember most of the shit we used to do, but there was alot more

There used to be classics like shadowstep charge/intercept, vanish coil, bait the fakecast with kick and then do a sidestep and interrupt actual cast with deadly throw ( this one is deep tbc, needed to be few yeards away to use deadly throw and it had kick built in ), mouseover kick/ mouseover step kick succubus, don't let the lock summon another pet with fel domination, sap healer out of gouge, sap enemy rogue's vanish mid combat.
    With wotlk we got few more interesting "glitches" like you could ambush the guy and sap him right after, do that twice in a row with cold blood/prep and you'd end up vs the guy with 30% hp and still sapped, then cata introduced redirect and smoke bomb, with new amazing opportinities to sap the healer out of kidney or even out of stepkick + bomb, sometimes you wouldn't even need to kick the healer, you'd just wait for him to start something long, bomb your target at very last 0.1 second, it would take the healer at least 1 second to react to what happened, another 1-2 seconds to get close to you and by the time he'd get to you he'd already be out of combat - another opportunity to sap.
    I'll just add that entire assassination kit on tbc was just something else, you needed to be standing behind the target to use mutilate, deadly poison had stacks which you had to wait forever to reach maximum of 5 and then use envenom, it took some balls to play assa back then
    I probably can't even remember most of the shit we used to do, but there was alot more
    Gosh....your post really brings me back to the old days. Thanks for that

(your good luck wish paid off. I DID IT! I avoided a kidney shot with Death from Above just now. Second day of recording)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lodravel View Post
    Here's what I can think of atm.

• Winning a 1v2. The classic. Through the skillful use of focus target, accompanying macros and CC abilities, you will be able to hold your own in a 1v2 situation. Sometimes even win them. This is most easily done as subtlety, though, as you have access to stuns and sap through shadow dance. Plus, Smoke Bomb and Shadowy Duel help.
    • DfA, to counter crowd control. Especially masterful if you duel a warrior and manage to evade his Stormbolt.
    • Tricking people with the use of Shadow Step. Juking them to jump off ledges and such.
    • The 90° trick. If you angle yourself orthagonally to your target while in stealth, you can still use your abilities but you won't auto-attack, making it possible to put Garrote/Nightblade/any other dot on your sapped target without Sap breaking until the first tick. This buys you a precious second of CC. It was common knowledge back in the day but nowadays, I see quite a lot of rogues unaware of this little move.

Outlaw is perhaps not the right place to look for skillful plays. Rogue is already a shadow of its former self and not in the good way.
    I made the video and thanked you at the end.
    I hope you dont mind
    Thank you so much for the Death from Above idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I made the video and thanked you at the end.
    I hope you dont mind
    Thank you so much for the Death from Above idea!
    Thank you, there's no need. I enjoyed watching your shenanigans.

This is a fantastic post. Thank you for bringing me back.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

I don't know why some people are so outraged by shoegazing's posts. There's nothing controversial there and it's been the main critique of pvp design and specifically rogue pvp design for years. Rogues used to be "playmakers" (leaving aside that awful ARprep period) and the difference between a good rogue and an elite rogue was enormous. These days rogues are rotation-bots.

I'm guessing it's a bunch of younger players who started the game late on and get butthurt when 30 year old boomers remind them that the game used to be a lot better back in the day. I can see how that can get annoying, but it's true.