21 guilds at 8/9. This is Royal Rumble now lol.

Just for fun.

Jaina hp = 147m.
    1 - If we assume fight ends at 5% and no secret phase, then raid needs to do 25% of her hp in damage (30% -> 5%) aka ~37 million hp
    2 - Players gain natural stacks of chilling touch every 5 seconds aka 100 seconds until 20 stacks, starting from when nathonos is freed from his iceblock.

If we ignored all fight mechanics in p3 (keep elemental up and ignore, ignore prismatic images etc) it would take 370 000 rdps to get her from 30->5% in 100sec, or about ~24k each assuming 2/4/14 (and assuming 2 tanks = 1 dps). This is wholly unrealistic because:

- Players dont have the full 100 sec, assuming the p3 jaina interrupt is instant from when nathonos gets freed from his block and stacks start being gained (said interrupt takes about ~5 seconds, for Gingi with his pro disengage/portal etc). They'll start with ~1 stack and have ~95 sec
    - takes majority of raid another ~5-10 seconds just to move to jaina to begin p3 dps
    - hero and/or cd wouldve been used on the wall, rendering meeting the dps requirements without all their cd or hero more unrealistic
    - thats assuming everyone plays perfectly with freezing mechanics and nobody gets any unnecessary chilling touch stacks. also ignores the required soaking / forced chilling touch stacks needed by soaking frozen orbs (though they could put immunity classes on that orb)
    - assumes all classes can do required dps regardless of the heavy movement required at some points (bait glacial ray, dodge ray, dodge icefall, run out broadside and siegebreaker, dodge multiple icefalls from images towards end etc)
    - ignores any dps loss from having the elemental (being kept up and ignored) alive thats rooting melee and players outside attack range of jaina, having ppl swap to interrupt and lose gcd's etc

AKA a zerg her before she hits 20 stacks strat simply wont work as we currently know the fight (not with current gear at least), unless something new happens. They have no choice but to, at some point, cycle breaking the raid from iceblocks....

LUCKY they hotfixed the Living Action Potion and Mage Blinks etc.. because they wouldve completely broke the fight and rendered a zerg absolutely doable, zerging her before a second round of iceblocks wouldve given another (up to) 100 seconds and reduced the dps requirement to a joke.... And it wouldve been horribly anticlimatic to see it end that way.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2019-02-03 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    I'll be a little disappointed if the 'correct' strategy to do Mythic Jaina p3 is simply to ignore the elemental + ignore the images and zerg Jaina to 5%. Seems like a clunky way to end an otherwise brilliant encounter. Looks like Method is trying it, looks like it could potentially work... but id like to think the encounter designers planned the last phase to be done with a little more finesse instead of LOLZERG IGNORE EVERYTHING.
    Imagine if they do manage to zerg her down to 5% and start the nerdscreams, only for blizzard to go "secret phase fuckers!" on them. And the elemental doesn't despawn.

But really I doubt there's more to it. The encounter damage is so high that to me it seems clearly tuned to end at 5%, another phase would leave healers completely exhausted. But I'm not sure zerging her will be best, there's no way you can survive the elemental being up when everyone gets frozen, which is a point Method haven't reached yet unless I am mistaken. It really does feel like the fight is tuned extremely high, is all.

Of course Blizzard over tuned the fight because they can't have the opening raid tier last longer than a pinnacle raid where you are fighting iconic figures.

If this does go into reset it's limits race to lose from that point. Full mythic reset + big ass lead they would be idiots to not win at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    Of course Blizzard over tuned the fight because they can't have the opening raid tier last longer than a pinnacle raid where you are fighting iconic figures.

If this does go into reset it's limits race to lose from that point. Full mythic reset + big ass lead they would be idiots to not win at that point.
    I think the head start boost they get fades over time.

However since US reset is before EU, I think they can potentially do some re-clear, get gear and finish it depending how close they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Imagine if they do manage to zerg her down to 5% and start the nerdscreams, only for blizzard to go "secret phase fuckers!" on them. And the elemental doesn't despawn.
    The ele is going to explode and 1 shot the raid when Jaina dips below 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by Conformed View Post
    The ele is going to explode and 1 shot the raid when Jaina dips below 10%.
    That would be such a troll. I half hope Blizzard hotfixes that in for the pure drama it will create.

I do think the rest of the raid should have been tuned higher. But a lore figure as major as Jaina getting a really hard fight also seems appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Just for fun.

Jaina hp = 147m.
    1 - If we assume fight ends at 5% and no secret phase, then raid needs to do 25% of her hp in damage (30% -> 5%) aka ~37 million hp
    2 - Players gain natural stacks of chilling touch every 5 seconds aka 100 seconds until 20 stacks, starting from when nathonos is freed from his iceblock.

If we ignored all fight mechanics in p3 (keep elemental up and ignore, ignore prismatic images etc) it would take 370 000 rdps to get her from 30->5% in 100sec, or about ~24k each assuming 2/4/14 (and assuming 2 tanks = 1 dps). This is wholly unrealistic because:

- Players dont have the full 100 sec, assuming the p3 jaina interrupt is instant from when nathonos gets freed from his block and stacks start being gained (said interrupt takes about ~5 seconds, for Gingi with his pro disengage/portal etc). They'll start with ~1 stack and have ~95 sec
    - takes majority of raid another ~5-10 seconds just to move to jaina to begin p3 dps
    - hero and/or cd wouldve been used on the wall, rendering meeting the dps requirements without all their cd or hero more unrealistic
    - thats assuming everyone plays perfectly with freezing mechanics and nobody gets any unnecessary chilling touch stacks. also ignores the required soaking / forced chilling touch stacks needed by soaking frozen orbs (though they could put immunity classes on that orb)
    - assumes all classes can do required dps regardless of the heavy movement required at some points (bait glacial ray, dodge ray, dodge icefall, run out broadside and siegebreaker, dodge multiple icefalls from images towards end etc)
    - ignores any dps loss from having the elemental (being kept up and ignored) alive thats rooting melee and players outside attack range of jaina, having ppl swap to interrupt and lose gcd's etc

AKA a zerg her before she hits 20 stacks strat simply wont work as we currently know the fight (not with current gear at least), unless something new happens. They have no choice but to, at some point, cycle breaking the raid from iceblocks....

LUCKY they hotfixed the Living Action Potion and Mage Blinks etc.. because they wouldve completely broke the fight and rendered a zerg absolutely doable, zerging her before a second round of iceblocks wouldve given another (up to) 100 seconds and reduced the dps requirement to a joke.... And it wouldve been horribly anticlimatic to see it end that way.
    In phase 3 you gain chilling touch stacks every 10 seconds. Different from phase 2 where it's every five seconds.

Also I'm pretty sure it'd become unhealable long before everyone actually got frozen. Even 10 stacks is 24,000 a second on the whole raid.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2019-02-03 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    In phase 3 you gain chilling touch stacks every 10 seconds. Different from phase 2 where it's every five seconds.

Also I'm pretty sure it'd become unhealable long before everyone actually got frozen. Even 10 stacks is 24,000 a second on the whole raid.
    I mean if you save lust you basically get 1 stack reset in p3, right? So then you have some more time, that could be enough.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    I mean if you save lust you basically get 1 stack reset in p3, right? So then you have some more time, that could be enough.
    Bloodlust doesn't cause your stacks to reset. They still increase, you just don't get anything extra from Jaina's spells. If it was an actual reset, the boss would be dead already, since they could easily drop the debuff after few %.

And if you mean "reach 20 stacks and then burn blocks" - you'd still have to survive the damage before you're actually frozen... and then not get murdered by multiple ice lances.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2019-02-04 at 12:04 AM.

wow Method still raiding while Super Bowl is on, shows how serious this guild is.

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    wow Method still raiding while Super Bowl is on, shows how serious this guild is.
    That's funny ;P

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    EU doesnt give two shits about the super bowl

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Hell, "football" means an entirely different thing here. Like a game where you use feet to kick a ball instead of carrying it around.

What if Limit takes a break to watch Super Bowl though?

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Bloodlust doesn't cause your stacks to reset. They still increase, you just don't get anything extra from Jaina's spells. If it was an actual reset, the boss would be dead already, since they could easily drop the debuff after few %.

And if you mean "reach 20 stacks and then burn blocks" - you'd still have to survive the damage before you're actually frozen... and then not get murdered by multiple ice lances.
    Ok, I thought she stopped applying them when she's blocked. Well, getting frozen is not really an issue, you just go out in waves 1 less than you need to not freeze, it will take a lot of planning and coordination to pull it off.

this
    /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    They are chain pulling her the rest of the night.

Signature Made By: Jassinta
    Wallpapers Made By: Jassinta

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Then they will have made up some of the hours they got as a head start due to the release times. No biggie.

Im sure some do