exactly it was nickname but it wasnt wide spread.. while americans used it as official term..thats why in eu its football

Be awesome if people stayed on the topic of the raid and not more regional bashing nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    Pieces and Method caught up and then more guilds caught up and you are nervous now? tsk tsk tsk
    Nervous about what exactly? I have no dog in this race.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylecat15 View Post
    Be awesome if people stayed on the topic of the raid and not more regional bashing nonsense
    I mean, realistically what is there to say? The boss is hard, at first glance it looks like it won't die this reset, but gear will make her bite the dust early next week. The only surprise now would be a Limit kill before Tuesday, but given that we have 0 idea what their progression is there's little to talk about.

Brace yourself for a lot more shitposting if Limit does kill it before Method.

I was watching the Method stream yesterday and the commentators were saying they might get the kill that day. I thought wtf, they hit 19% once, should need around 350 pulls or more.

Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    I was watching the Method stream yesterday and the commentators were saying they might get the kill that day. I thought wtf, they hit 19% once, should need around 350 pulls or more.
    The commentators are generally useless.

On another note, does Limit actually have to go to work tomorrow or was that rumor a troll?

Quote Originally Posted by Hahyestwo View Post
    The commentators are generally useless.

On another note, does Limit actually have to go to work tomorrow or was that rumor a troll?
    Troll, according to their PR/Blogger they've committed 2 weeks for the race. So no, no work tomorrow or the rest of the week thankfully.

Patriots win the super bowl, which undoubtedly means, Method will win the world first race. Do the math.

Limit about done for the night, will do Mythic +'s then call it. This boss might just die next reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Xizz View Post
    Troll, according to their PR/Blogger they've committed 2 weeks for the race. So no, no work tomorrow or the rest of the week thankfully.
    But once they lose I'm sure the "omg Americans have to work so much" & "we can't just take vacations whenever we like, like EU does" excuse will come back into play.
    Really 2 weeks, that's 10 vacation days? They basically forfeit the next race then or are they all just unemployed?
    Last edited by Varjo410; 2019-02-04 at 05:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Method seems to have a strat locked in (at least as far as Comp is concerned) and did their splits.

either she dies tomorrow at Method's hands or tuesday with the Reset at Limit's hands
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Method seems to have a strat locked in (at least as far as Comp is concerned) and did their splits.

either she dies tomorrow at Method's hands or tuesday with the Reset at Limit's hands
    Method still has 16 hours

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Method still has 16 hours
    no, they don't.

1) We've been over this before. Blizzard/Raider.io/MMO-C/Whoever the fuck else will go by whoever kills it first. The Hall of Fame will list Limit first if Limit kills it first. if AFK R kills it first they will be #1 on the list. Blizzard does not give a fuck about the "16 hour difference" goal post the EU seems to insist on moving .

If Method doesn't get it down tomorrow before their called Raid Time, Limit will go in Tuesday morning right after Reset, re-clear, and have quality alone time with Jaina.

#TeamFuckEverything

no, they don't.

1) We've been over this before. Blizzard/Raider.io/MMO-C/Whoever the fuck else will go by whoever kills it first. The Hall of Fame will list Limit first if Limit kills it first. if AFK R kills it first they will be #1 on the list. Blizzard does not give a fuck about the "16 hour difference" goal post the EU seems to insist on moving .

If Method doesn't get it down tomorrow before their called Raid Time, Limit will go in Tuesday morning right after Reset, re-clear, and have quality alone time with Jaina.
    The only reason it's not come up so far is because NA was never close. Of course method will have 16 hours after the kill. The only reason it hasn't been officially in discussion is because there was no real competition so far. So it'll be interesting to see.

no, they don't.

Logic > opinion

I kind of want Limit to kill it 1 hour before Method kills. Will be fun to read.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Logic > opinion
    Method raiders themselves said that if Limits gets the kill, it's a World First, even if they kill just 15 minutes later.

A kill is a kill. Is the current arrangement beneficial for US? Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    The only reason it's not come up so far is because NA was never close. Of course method will have 16 hours after the kill. The only reason it hasn't been officially in discussion is because there was no real competition so far. So it'll be interesting to see.
    Never Close?

Method was on Limit's heels in Uldir. If not for the call to extend instead of reclear Limit could have taken it.

We'll see what happens if Limit downs it first. But I'm pretty sure the congratulatory tweet will go out to Limit if they do it, Limit will be #1 on the Leaderboards, and every gaming site will claim them to be the World's First guild to down Jaina in Mythic

- - - Updated - - -

Logic > opinion
    Logic: When you do something first in the world you get recognized for it.

Let's say you have two countries on different sides of the planet. USA and Russia. they both launch rockets at dawn their time that fly out to the Moon. The US Rocket launches first , then 12 hours later the Russian Rocket launches. It takes both rockets a week to get to the moon. The USA Rocket lands on the Moon, we all celebrate, woo! 2 hours later the Russian rocket lands on the moon. Most reputable newspapers aren't going to report "Russians landed on the moon faster than America did!" They're going with the headline "Americans and Russians land on the moon!" or in some cases possibly omitting the Russians cause nobody seems to like them.

Now apply this to the World First Race.

Limit downs Jaina first, 2 hours later AFK R does. News reports will be "Limit downs Jaina"! Hall of Fame will be "Limit #1" and the Media Outlets (MMO-C etc) will be "Interview with World #1 Limit!"

Opinion: Method has until they call their raid to beat her tomororw, or Limit will after their reset at 7am PST.

#TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    Actually, it has come up before. When Blood Legion killed Grand Empress Shek'zeer before Paragon there were numerous threads that ended up getting locked on this very forum debating this exact point.

If you recall, Blood Legion killed Empress "first" but Paragon killed Empress "fastest" based on when EU servers came up versus when NA servers came up. The point eventually became moot because tier 14 included three raids and Paragon out performed Blood Legion and everyone else by such a margin their overall "Wowprogress points" made them still take rank 1 for the entire tier.

Others are correct though, Wowprogress and other ranking sites have never measured who killed the boss "fastest" but instead assign points based on timestamp (who killed it "first").

For what it's worth, I've always felt the world first "race" should be about who kills it "fastest" and I'm in the US and would love to see a US guild at the top again. Unfortunately, that's not how the Wowprogress algorithm works nor the new Blizzard Hall of Fame leaderboards.

23 guilds are 8/9 mythic, no guilds are 9/9 mythic as of yet. I'm fairly sure this has never happened before in wow's history. I'm no sugesting that all, or even most of these guilds have the same shot at world first, but: Is this in part due to Method streaming thier progress? Or is this just completely unrelated?