Activision Blizzard in 3 Charts

Investors got extra-cautious about Activision when management reported during the third-quarter earnings conference call that some games are not performing well.

Eventually, a growing industry should pull Activision out of its slump. Let's review three metrics that provide an overview of the company's challenges in the short term, and show why shareholders should stay the course with this leading game maker.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/...-3-charts.aspx

Guy says sort term problems but long term it's a buy.

It's a long article with a lot of facts about how Blizzard/Activision is doing. Their best selling game is an app, for example.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    in before customary "WoW ITH DED" "BLIZZARD ITH DED" replies... In which I will laugh, laugh I say... :P

I prefer the term economic slump. Or is it creative slump? meh
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-02-04 at 02:48 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Guy says sort term problems but long term it's a buy.

It's a long article with a lot of facts about how Blizzard/Activision is doing. Their best selling game is an app, for example.
    I don't know if activation is part of the problem, but it seems Blizzard is a victim of their own success. I use to play nothing but Blizzard games but they are going down hill. Hearthston is becoming a joke, WoW is boring it's the same game as it was 14 years ago, and StarCraf and diablo is played out. Overwatch is suppose to be good but other than playing the Beta I never play it or bought it, not a fan of FPS.

This post again.

Each company is irrelevant of the other, the end money just go to the Activision share holders, why cant people understand that.

Its literally comparing two different things.

All of Activision isnt performing as well as before because their games are no longer the mainstream and people got bored of Candy Crush, which is the majority of the problem.

Fortnite will reign for a year or two more until a new game gets the "Big attention"

Combine that with the fact they are forcing the devs to listen to the marketing department instead of their own department and you get what you get.

I know people that quit Hearthstone simply because they announced Diablo:Immortal.
    Last edited by potis; 2019-02-04 at 02:50 PM.

Blizzard doesn't need a community or fanbase anymore, just mindless whales playing mobile games will make them billions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Blizzard doesn't need a community or fanbase anymore, just mindless whales playing mobile games will make them billions.
    Yes and that is really sad :<

Let's crash the AAA gaming industry.

No survivors.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I don't know if activation is part of the problem, but it seems Blizzard is a victim of their own success. I use to play nothing but Blizzard games but they are going down hill. Hearthston is becoming a joke, WoW is boring it's the same game as it was 14 years ago, and StarCraf and diablo is played out. Overwatch is suppose to be good but other than playing the Beta I never play it or bought it, not a fan of FPS.
    It isn't quite so far gone for me, but I definitely feel this sentiment a lot. WoW just doesn't interest my any more, even though I love the world and setting and invested countless hours in it. Hearthstone is fun for casual play IMO, with random decks, tavern brawls, and the occasional arena. Starcraft I'll only play with friends in Co-op, and Diablo 3 I'll maybe do the new season and drop it after the chapters. I only got into Overwatch for a little bit, but haven't touched it in over a year.

At least we've got WC3:R to look forward to, right?

WoW is boring it's the same game as it was 14 years ago
    its really not the same game.. which is a problem

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    in before customary "WoW ITH DED" "BLIZZARD ITH DED" replies... In which I will laugh, laugh I say... :P

I prefer the term economic slump. Or is it creative slump? meh
    rofl

You do understand that "WoW is dead" and "Activision Blizzard improve profits over time" are not dependent on each other, don't you?

I've always been fascinated with the disconnect of people. Just because a business is doing well, or is expected to do well, doesn't mean that you are going to get what you want.

Activision Blizzard has been very clear in their statements that they are moving very heavily to mobile (where there is more money being spent by consumers currently). This means that they absolutely can abandon WoW...in fact, if their changed focus on mobile pays out well, it pretty much guarantees the death of WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    But it isn't the same, else you wouldn't have classic demands..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    It isn't quite so far gone for me, but I definitely feel this sentiment a lot. WoW just doesn't interest my any more, even though I love the world and setting and invested countless hours in it. Hearthstone is fun for casual play IMO, with random decks, tavern brawls, and the occasional arena. Starcraft I'll only play with friends in Co-op, and Diablo 3 I'll maybe do the new season and drop it after the chapters. I only got into Overwatch for a little bit, but haven't touched it in over a year.

At least we've got WC3:R to look forward to, right?
    I loved WC3, it's a superior game compared to SC1&2 and I was a huge SC fan. I wanted to play it a couple of years ago but couldn't find an active game so I am excited bout the relaunch

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    its really not the same game.. which is a problem
    Get gear > do dungeons to get more gear > do raids to get more gear > do new dungeons to get gear > do new raids to get more gear>

Yeah there are been changes but the formula is still the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    But it isn't the same, else you wouldn't have classic demands..
    The classic demand are coming from players who miss it when it was a challenge.

Unless you have money invested, this is irrelevant. As a player, it's about the quality of the games you're playing.

Get gear > do dungeons to get more gear > do raids to get more gear > do new dungeons to get gear > do new raids to get more gear>

Yeah there are been changes but the formula is still the same.

doesnt mean its the same game

in fact i think it should follow this concept, its just that you can do it differently, more the way it was in tbc for example.. hence why its different now

but thats not the only difference.. gameplay is vastly different, gearing system is different, class design is different.. pretty much everything within the concept is different..
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2019-02-04 at 05:05 PM.