Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    What on earth are you talking about?
    That *is* World PvP.

If you want clean, even and rules based PvP combat, you queue to battlegrounds.
    World PvP is grouping up, skrimishing, smashing smaller groups (or running away from bigger groups), regrouping with more people and going back and forth over some point on the map.

dishonorable..?! what?
    So in your eyes a group of 3 players decide to corpse camp one solo player. Preventing him from playing the game for 1hour.

Isnt this a dishonorable action?
    In what world...

Man alll these alliance players saying 'this is what its like, now you know!' Come on guys, you know horde never went this far to ruin WM by camping out FPs and even going as far as camping out mission table. Yeah there were more horde than alliance in WM and yeah you'd get ganked, the difference being maybe you get killed by 2-3 horde occasionally vs having certain flight paths be unusable, having 10+ players camp tortollan dailies when its the emissary, roaming raids destroying everything in sight during assaults. You cannot compare the two.

Of course not. Lol. What are you even smoking?
    Sorry, but Blizzard agrees is a dishonorable action:

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/10184

VALID TACTIC...still dishonorable in any way or form.

Quote Originally Posted by TomBrokovski View Post
    Man alll these alliance players saying 'this is what its like, now you know!' Come on guys, you know horde never went this far to ruin WM by camping out FPs and even going as far as camping out mission table. Yeah there were more horde than alliance in WM and yeah you'd get ganked, the difference being maybe you get killed by 2-3 horde occasionally vs having certain flight paths be unusable, having 10+ players camp tortollan dailies when its the emissary, roaming raids destroying everything in sight during assaults. You cannot compare the two.
    Even if you haven't done this, doesn't mean it never happened. People being jerks when groupped up is nothing new. And the faction doesn't matter much

Quote Originally Posted by StPaul View Post
    Even if you haven't done this, doesn't mean it never happened. People being jerks when groupped up is nothing new. And the faction doesn't matter much
    True
    All it takes is one dude to decide to create a raid to destabilize the entire system.

Very hardly a counter raid is created.

Its not Blizzards fault one dude decided to create a raid.
    Its also not Blizzard fault there isnt a counter raid being created.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what the issue is here. Can someone explain? On US - Mal'Ganis, we had some great world pvp action with warmode on. Sometimes we on the horde side got murdered, sometimes the alliance would get owned. Sometimes there would be 3 or more alliance with bounties, which made the horde actually form kill groups and vice versa. However world pvp seemed to instantly go away once Uldir launched.

What changed that Alliance needed a huge boost to encourage warmode?
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Speaking more so from a Horde P.O.V.

Having WM on is pointless, It's a headache, for anyone trying to just go about doing their WQ's it's impossible because you have a raid of allies camping your flight paths across the map. I'm a PvPer and I have WM turned off on every single toon I have.

WM started off pretty cool and I enjoyed the occasional group fight which involved no more than 5-6 people. Now it's quite literally 1 Horde vs 30+ Alliance. Every. Single. Day.
    That's not a warmode problem. It's a bad overall pvp design problem and a "Blizzard never forces people to do the right thing" problem. Allowing an infinite amount of players to jump on someone alone is the very definition of not understanding what's fun, fair, respectable, and honorable.

Sure some maggots will come out of a rotting basement saying "lol honor in a video game". That's who this extremely flawed piece of shit content was made for. While people with a brain and self-respect just don't participate because it's not well made enough to be taken seriously by gamers with standards.

It's too bad they have to incentivize EVERYTHING in WoW instead of just making things fun ... with a playerbase only interested in having fun. I bet Blizzard has more psychologists on staff than they do game developers...

The relevant part in bold text.
    Still dishonorable.

Arent you a person? We are not caveman.

There are things like etiquette and a code of conduct.

Ganking is dishonorable and it shouldnt be incentivized.
    The same way "killing low levels" is not incentivized by Blizzard via quests.

Guess what, you will NEVER see a Blizzard quest to kill low levels (as a max level)
    Because Blizzard is not stupid.

Hmm, are you on a PVPRP server or something? In that case apologies, it's not easy to know when someone is RP-ing here in the forums.
    If not.. then.. I'm sorry, but if you don't want to get killed and corpse campled, then don't enable warmode. Ganking and getting ganked is part of PvP. Prepare for it, move with a group. Run away if you have to - this is all part of world PvP.

It's not meant to be a fair fight.
    You are not the first nor the second to call me a roleplayer :S
    I dont understand though.
    Dont people follow any etiquette ingame...just because its a game?

Quote Originally Posted by TomBrokovski View Post
    Man alll these alliance players saying 'this is what its like, now you know!' Come on guys, you know horde never went this far to ruin WM by camping out FPs and even going as far as camping out mission table.
    Horde absolutely did this. I have seen it firsthand.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Horde absolutely did this. I have seen it firsthand.
    It was mostly ppl doing achievements and stuff. Alliance for some reason still doing this...

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    It was mostly ppl doing achievements and stuff. Alliance for some reason still doing this...
    Whatever the reason (and I guarantee you not all of them were doing achievements) It happens on both sides. I have 120s on both factions and literally, its pretty much equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Of course there are people that go "I want the rewards of Warmode without the costs it brings me", but that's dumb. Those rewards exist to offset those costs. If these costs are worth it to you and you turn it on, the system is working. If the costs are too high for you and you turn it off, the system is also working. This whole thing is about choice.
    I completely agree with what you're saying, however the core problem still stands. Being that Alliance were being farmed for months by Horde, with hundreds of threads talking about it and giving feedback to Blizzard and it got to the point where the vast majority of Alliance just turned it off because the "reward" wasn't rewarding or worth the effort of constantly running into Horde raid groups. Now that they buffed the rewards, the second Horde starts crying Blizzard does a knee jerk reaction and cuts the gear reward and the % reward in HALF. This is the underlying problem with the system, because now again we're seeing Alliance players turning off Warmode because of this knee jerk reaction because 5% more than Horde isn't incentive enough to deal with massive raid groups of Horde running around WQs spawns(particularly during Faction Assaults) and Horde camp groups camping out just about every neutral flight path. The issue is there's at least 5-6x more Horde in Warmode than Alliance and when the Horde start to cry Blizzard bends over, but when Alliance do it they get told to suck it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

PVP realm were always Horde heavy, with only a few exception (both side, there were PVE server that were Horde heavy but both are 2-3 servers out of 20+) and having a ration of .25/1 were really not uncommon. Source : https://web.archive.org/web/20170320...op.com/us.html

So if both faction were to keep their play style, Horde WM on and Alliance WM off, the Horde were guaranteed to be dominate WM, and be alone to claim the 10% bonus. To counter this, the Alliance are now getting a bigger WM bonus, but may i remind you that this bonus is not Alliance only, it could swap to the horde if the imbalance turn their side. This incentive is working since the WM bonus is shrinking, to the point that the US bonus is now only 5% more and they don't have the "kill 25 horde" quest.

So if you are US and you keep getting by groups, it as nothing to do with the 25 kill quest since the quest is not even available this week. It's only Welcome to WM. For the EU that do have the quest this week, just a reminder that this quest is not doable in a raid. So if a raid is killing you, they are not doing it for the quest so, once again, Welcome to WM.
    Last edited by Zequill; 2019-02-04 at 07:22 PM.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

It's called warmode for a reason :-)
    Sorry, if my replies appeared aggressive, I honestly thought you were trolling me, but I can now see that you're perhaps serious.

To answer your question, the "gentlemen's agreement"-type of honor doesn't really come into play very often in online games, not in the way it would in real life situations for example (say - if you're playing airsoft, your opponent just stand there, emptying their whole clip into your balls, after you've been eliminated). Sometimes people are nice in PvP (and look the other way, like in annoying quest areas), but especially with introduction of warmode (since it's a toggle you choose to enable), that has probably decreased quite a bit.

Ganking lower level (or solo) character is part of the system. World PvP is a numbers game. You are supposed to group up for it. If you try to solo, you sort of accept the risk of getting ganked/camped.
    Thanks for not calling me stupid for the way i see World PvP should be played i love world pvp but i also believe in an etiquette

But just as a sidenote.
    I would only like to say Blizzard themselves believe in etiquete.
    Because i guaratee you, you will NEVER see a quest objective of killing low levels.
    Never ever ever ver never ever.

The day Blizzard creates a quest to kill low levels....i will believe there is no etiquette in this game :S

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Speaking more so from a Horde P.O.V.

Having WM on is pointless, It's a headache, for anyone trying to just go about doing their WQ's it's impossible because you have a raid of allies camping your flight paths across the map. I'm a PvPer and I have WM turned off on every single toon I have.

WM started off pretty cool and I enjoyed the occasional group fight which involved no more than 5-6 people. Now it's quite literally 1 Horde vs 30+ Alliance. Every. Single. Day.
    "It isn't Horde-favored anymore, so I no longer like it."

Okay.

dont blame them,join them....instead of crying just make alliance toon and join the raid and have fun
    The Man in Black: “They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.”
    Jacob: “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Heres an idea. They adjust warmode to were they scrap the quests and reward advantages and just have the use of pvp talents. Boom balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Heres an idea. They adjust warmode to were they scrap the quests and reward advantages and just have the use of pvp talents. Boom balanced.
    But I want rewards in the future for World PvP

A transmog? I would love that.

The dilemma is that if it is a quest promoting group content...it will be chaos in the world.
    Solo players being farmed like animals by groups.
    All day everyday for months until they get the transmog.

Not fun gameplay toxic behaviour should not be incentivized.

There are a couple options to counter this:
    -Make "objectives" in the map (this way a raid and a counter raid will be made from the beginning)
    -Make quests to be done SOLO
    -(there are probably more solutions i dont know about)

edit: My favorite option is playing SOLO but objectives are fun too